[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (1.02 MB, 1280x720)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
I know people hate competitive Pokemon for not just letting you premake teams and focus entirely on strategy. But do you think it's part of the spirit of Pokemon where you have to actually raise and grind them to get them to a battle perfect condition?
>>
>>56465971
>do you think it's part of the spirit of Pokemon where you have to actually raise and grind them to get them to a battle perfect condition?
Yes
Genning is soulless
>>
It feels pretty lame being able to fully "train" a Pokemon without ever having to actually use it and simply feeding it exp candies and vitamins. This is why the 100 vitamin cap existed and why rare candies used to be very limited.

I doubt they'll ever revert any of those, but if they did, I would make it so that once a Pokemon is fully trained once, you can customize the EVs freely. Hyper training being at level 50 now also reduces the need for exp candies being given away so freely.
>>
>>56465971
I think the problem is that some of the Pokemon I want to use I can't just hatch out of an egg at any time I want. What I'm saying is make Legendaries breedable, and not in the weird sex way
>>
>>56465971
Yes
This is a game by autists for autists.
The autistic grind has always been part of the fun.
>>
>>56465971
>But do you think it's part of the spirit of Pokemon where you have to actually raise and grind them to get them to a battle perfect condition?
No, that's precisely why there should be a battle simulator that you can put a Pokemon you caught and raised naturally and loved into for use in pvp, but still keep it exactly how it was raised for the actual game.
>>
>>56465971
> But do you think it's part of the spirit of Pokemon where you have to actually raise and grind them to get them to a battle perfect condition?
Yes, but
a)the actual process is a skillless grind
b)competitive players don't even actually do that and aren't punished in any way.
>>
>>56466045
The way to go is removing/reducing the grind, not increase it.
>>
>>56465971
to an extent. I think that EV training is fine. it's a tangible goal which you have complete control over, and anybody who puts the same amount of effort in will achieve the same results. the problem is when you start getting into RNG bullshit like IVs and to a lesser extent natures. those are mostly out of your control and equivalent effort doesn't equal equivalent results. that doesn't feel good. I know recent games have introduced things like bottle caps to circumvent the RNG, but then it begs the question, why even have the mechanic at all. IVs especially don't offer any meaningful customization. 99% of cases you just want them maxed, there's only a handful of scenarios where you might want 0 IVs. but between EVs and natures there's already enough stat customization imo.
IVs should just be scrapped, natures are all the RNG that's needed and IVs take it from what would be a manageable grind into frustrating tedium.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.