[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Conquest_EN_boxart.jpg (846 KB, 1000x897)
846 KB
846 KB JPG
Redpill me on Pokemon Conquest
>>
File: 1726764299450.jpg (86 KB, 1200x800)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>56466387
>>
>>56466387
what if Fire Emblem was Pokemon
>>
>>56466387
you know FFT? well here is something worse
>>
a good game
>>
>>56466387
Finally we got a Pokemon tatics game...

I disliked.
There aren't much pokemon.
Evolve Pokemon is a nightmare.
(Kind funny how they let Teleport Abra and Splash Magikarp to be in, but no Weedle/Kakuna.)
The story mode is very easy.
Because pokemon only learn one move, you don't want to fight a ghost type with a normal type.
>>
>>56466898
Also, I hate Synchro mechanic so bad.

What is the point of a NPC can hold 10 Pokemon if they can only achieve 100% Synchro with only 1 species?
>>
>>56466478
You mean what if Nobunaga's Ambition was Pokemon. And if you want to compare it to another series, it's way more like Final Fantasy Tactics than Fire Emblem.
>>
>>56466387
A bad pokemon game, and a bad nobunaga's ambition game. It actually doesn't really resemble nobunaga's ambition gameplay much at all. Leans almost entirely into the tactics side more like a fire emblem game and has nothing of the strategic/management/economy side of the games. Dunno who they were making these for
>>
>>56466923
FFT, FE, and disgaea are all the same game.
>>
File: 1715650596967352.png (839 KB, 744x1024)
839 KB
839 KB PNG
I played it a fucking lot back in the day. Not a good game, but I'm a sucker for these simpler tactics games, like Disgaea. I remember that as soon as you gould get one or two Guardian Charms you could send a single Pokémon to battles and solo everything because as long as you only had one Pokémon in the field, it would receive a 300% stat boost and increase move by 1, and the more outnumbered you were, the more exp you'd earn.

Main gripe was that each Pokémon got only a single move to use. Some were insanely strong, Infernape's Fire Spin would hit 8 panels up to 5 times and each hit was about as strong as a Flamethrower. As long as the enemy didn't have Flash Fire, it would kill literally everything. Others were shit, like Lucario's Aura Sphere. It would hit only one enemy, once, with the same power as a Fire Spin hit, and the target had t be a few panels away from you, so if your Lucario got surrounded you wouldn't be able to do anything.
>>
It blends both turn based board game strategy with tactical rpg. I don't get why it's being described as just a trpg.
>>
>>56467791
Where is the part of the game that isn't trpg
>>
>>56466387
I liked it but how does mewtwo exist in this time period?
>>
>>56466898
>>56467151
Yeah the single moveslot holds the game back for me, Luxray only hitting multiple tiles away with Thunder but still 70% accurate, fuck that. I still enjoyed it though, most daunting post-game ever.
>>
>>56468166
The map screen when you aren't fighting and you're managing your kingdoms, which is a genre on its own, even if less known than trpg.
>>
The main story was fun but it has too many major flaws to do all of the extra stuff
>>
>>56466387
The main story campaign is great. But the game mechanics are far too simple for how long the game tries to stretch itself out with post-game campaigns.
>>
Scuffed but more enjoyable than most of the pre-Gen 4 spinoff games, there's that.
I feel like having more than one move per Pokemon would've made this game a lot better.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.