[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I've decided to give the Pokemon series another chance for the first time since I was a kid. Where should I begin? Most recent games, or from the first one? Are they sequels to each other or can I hop in anywhere?
>>
>>56468779
Palworld.
>>
>>56468782
/vp/ - Palworld
>>
>>56468779
honestly? don't bother.
try SMT if you really want to play a monster collecting RPG. there's little value to be found in Pokemon at this point if you don't have a nostalgic attachment.
>>
>>56468779
Play actual JRPGs, and I don't mean monnster battlers. ACTUAL JRPGs. Monster battlers are fucking dead.
>>
>>56468812
>Monster battlers are fucking dead.
Especially if Nintendo wins the lawsuit (which they will because Japan's courts are even more corrupt than the US courts)
>>
>>56468779
Gen 1 and 2 are the only good ones. Gen 3 is playable but made by different people who started making it way more faggoty and added coomer moms like gardevoir. The rest are unplayable dogshit that you'll just be sad you wasted your life clock even checking out. Not worth even checking out Gen 4+.
>>
>>56468819
Ok grandpa
>>
>>56468779
Any Pokemon game is entry level (maybe minus PLA, you'd probably understand it the content more if you played some other game first, especially Platinum), so it is mostly a matter of taste.

People in the fanbase tend to be extremely hard on SV, and while it's true that they aren't polished enough and have some technical issues, I think they're easily enjoyed by someone who isn't as deep into Pokemon and hasn't played a game since childhood, or by casuals ... Unless maybe if you're otherwise a hardcore gamer who has high standards.

If you can find SV on sale, you could try playing that, just maybe it isn't worth the full price tag.

What Pokemon game/s have you played?
>>
>>56468779
What game(s) did you play as a kid, and can you remember what aspects of those games you really enjoyed?
>>
>>56468782
>>56468792
>>56468812
Is there a word to describe this?
>>
>>56469091
Shitposting chinkbots.
>>
>>56468779
>Emerald
One of the better postgames, though it is a GBA game
>Platinum
Same but on the DS
>Black/White (and Black2/White2)
More story focused, and the second game is a legit sequel to the first (though getting the save data link working, so you get the post-first game cutscenes is a pain in the ass)
>X/Y
first full 3D games, they also introduce the fairy type
>Sun/Moon
shit (but the FeMC and Lillie are sexy)
>Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon
shitter (see above) but they changed the ending and added a multiversal team rocket (Rainbow Rocket) as the final story arc.
>Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
Only decent if you like Pokemon GO, otherwise it's worse than the GBA Fire Red/Leaf Green in every aspect
>Sword/Shield
Base game sucks balls, but the DLC is 10/10
>BD/SP
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.
>Legends Arceus
It's basically a tech demo, but it's entirely single player, so you can 100% it and get every evolution without interacting with anyone else
>Scarlet/Violet
Somehow worse than Sword/Shield, but the DLC isn't good enough to counteract how bad the base game is.
>>
>>56469119
Terrible.
>>
File: Bump of Chicken.gif (2.77 MB, 600x338)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB GIF
>>56469119
>but the FeMC and Lillie are sexy
Yes
>>
>>56469119
You forgot to mention all the dogshit in BW/BW2
>>
>>56469147
If you were to make a list of bad mainline pokemon games, then the 3D era has enough shitty games that it pushes B/W into the mediocre section. Not because B/W are good, but because they're not as bad as the newer games.
>>
>>56469166
Now THAT'S some potent copium. Every fault of the 3D games can be traced back to Unova.
>>
>>56468779
firered
emerald
platinum
heartgold
white
black 2

don't bother with anything else
>>
>>56469167
>unova made them make every flying pokemon look like shit
What a powerful region.
>>
Pokemon Ranger
all other games are shit
>>
>>56468779
start at the beginning if you're a real gamer, play Yellow, then Crystal, if you're emulating then definitely hook up Stadium 1+2 to the mix cause they're the post-game for Gen1+2 respectively. Plus Gen 2 can trade back and forth with 1, so all these games just enhance each other if you play them together.
If all that's too old and inconvenient, then start at FRLG / RSE and Colo/XD and live the Gen 3 lyfe. This way you can transfer your homies from these runs up when/if you decide to check out Gen 4.
If you skipped 1+2, then definitely play HGSS as your Gen 4 game. Alternatively you could've skipped everything up to this point and just played HGSS.
If you're dying for more by now play Platinum, BW, BW2. You should be done by then. Nothing else is worth your time for sure.
Spinoff-wise, Mystery Dungeon is the only one worth checking out. There's Ranger but the gameplay is dogshit just drawing circles on your screen constantly; Rangerfags are coping.
>>
>>56469224
>zoomer opinions
>>
>>56468779
Play colosseum, contemplate how the main series is nothing like it, and then move on from pokemon
>>
FireRed/LeafGreen --> HeartGold/SoulSilver --> OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire --> BrilliantDiamond/ShiningPearl --> Legends Arceus and wait for Legends ZA next year. Skip the rest.
>>
>>56469224
>if you're a real gamer
Reddit moment
>>
>>56468779
Just start with pic related and work your way through.
>>
>never finished a gen 1 game
>never finished a gen 2 game
>dropped emerald
>dropped plat
>enjoyed soulsilver
>dropped black
>loved black 2
>hated x
>dropped alpha sapphire
>dropped moon
>never finished ultra moon
>didn't like sword
>loved legends
>enjoyed violet
>everywhere where I said dropped wasn't out of boredom, but by being surrounded by more fun games to play
What game should I try next? Just curious and bored and need something to do while I'm laying in bed, taking a shit, or out in public.
>>
>>56469326
Pokemon Go
>>
>>56468782
>Game that's soon to be axed

Nah
>>
>>56469431
Niantic sucks
>>
>>56469236
kys millennial plus I literally recommended the non zoomer games first
>>56469312
>t. fake gamer>>56469326
kill yourself you'll nevr be happy
>>56469431
This game sucks & is boring

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.