[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1686003316999741.gif (1.24 MB, 257x200)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB GIF
Why do zoomers filtered by the older generations game design?
>see zoomers crying about only getting one thunderbolt TM in emerald
>tell them they can get another one in the game corner
>they complain and say its bad game design because they have to gamble or grind to get another one
I like infinite TMs but it's like c'mon, it makes sense that move like that would require SOME work to obtain in a region full of water types.
>>
Putting any effort into playing a Pokemon game is a humiliation ritual.
>>
Playing a pokemon game is a humiliation ritual.
>>
>stop playing the game so you can grind this shitty minigame for an hour to get one move
Yeah, that's pretty shit design.
>>
>>56471039
>playing the game isn't playing the game
You're not even trying.
>>
File: 1725206121175395.jpg (67 KB, 826x1024)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>56471039
>>
>grinding gay minigames is playing the game
>grinding to make boss battles piss easy is playing the game
millennials, everyone
>>
>>56471046
>bitch replying
kwab campaignshitter
>>
>>56471046
>zoomtards need to grind to beat the games
Zoomzooms truly are inferior in every single way, I pity your generation lil bro. The games are already easy as fuck, if you need infinite OP moves to beat them you're just bad.
>>
File: download.jpg (33 KB, 680x763)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>use thunderbolt TM on Gardevoir
>box manetric
>boi wife is now my electric type
>>
>>56471049
Forgive me for being a newfag but somebody PLEASE tell me what KWAB means
>>
File: 1610969355081.png (690 KB, 1050x525)
690 KB
690 KB PNG
>>56471068
http://lmgtfy2.com/?q=kwab+slang
>>
>>56471068
It's "kek, what a bitch."
To be honest I didn't know until like 30 minutes ago, it's one of those things you just think is complete fucking gibberish, especially since it looks almost like a made up word to mock Hebrew.
>>
>>56470957
you should be able to get more tms from the shop after you get them through normal methods
>>
Pokemon's game design has changed? I can hardly tell.
>>
>>56471039
Thunderbolt is a very powerful move, making something like that harder but more rewarding to obtain is what game design is all about.
>>
It really is funny looking at all the ways the games have become easier over the years... the games handing out strong TMs like candy, then making them Infinite use, moveset expansion where now everything has a reliable STAB, and at least one or two coverage moves, versus the old days or maybe one STAB coming at midgame, and you having to scrounge for TMs or use your normal type moves...

I did like how Gen 9 made you forage for materials to make the TMs, with more becoming available as you did quests or find them in the overworld
>>
>>56471440
It was kinda redundant though, cause you became overpowered from leveling while grinding for materials anyways.
>>
>>56470957
You had multiple months to play it since you were a kid and likely had 5 other games, 3 you already finished. Zoomers got a few hundred to play and repetitive tasks that are not part of the core gameplay just feel like padding then. This is also a reason modern games feel the need to make any spending of time in it worthwhile.
>>
>>56471046
>>grinding to make boss battles piss easy is playing the game
well..yeah, if you want to trivialize the game, it should take some time and effort on your part. are you complaining that they don't just hand you the tools to make the game piss easy for free? zoomers, everyone.
>>
>>56470957
honestly my only problem with limited TM availability comes if you've already beaten the game and you're making multiple teams for PvP battles or whatever
limited TMs rarely if ever have much consequence in a campaign playthrough, if i use my thunderbolt TM on electabuzz it's because i want to use fucking electabuzz
>>
>>56471344
Well, it makes sense to have side content if it's a real JRPG, but Pokemon should in theory be more focused on the capabilities of the Pokemon. You basically stop having them for a while and play alone as yourself if you grind a minigame.
>>
Strong TMs being locked behind something that's actually difficult is a good thing but it's the fucking Game Corner, there is literally no work involved by smashing A for an hour (Or just outright buying the tokens)
>>
>>56472029
>>56472321
nta but would something like HGSS pokeathlon count as side content? there are some evo stones locked behind it, but there's gameplay involved, gameplay which also utilizes the pokemon themselves
>>
>>56471039
>>56471046
Johtofags are too easy.
>>
>>56472014
This. I don't have anything against the concept of more powerful moves requiring more investment to get for the single player campaign experience, but it becomes an absolute slog when you are trying to build a team postgame. Obvious solution is just have all TMs be easily purchaseable post championship.
>>
File: BikiniMailThumbsUp.png (75 KB, 322x368)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
>>56471260
Arigatou
>>
>>56470957
literally everyone I knew just cheated in infinite tms. all the shitty new games have over the old ones is qol
>>
>>56471719
I don't know if it's just me, but I don't find spending 80 hours in any modern game to unlock a skin to be worthwhile.
>>
>>56472330
NTA either but Pokeathlon stones feel like a half-assed response to the drought of evo items in Johto, so while it can seem cheap to just faceroll courses until you get enough points it does fix one symptom of Gen 2’s availability pre-Kanto/Waterfall. Even then, you can genuinely brick some mons by giving them a stone earlier due to them having cut-off learnsets (Arcanine being an example)
>>
>>56472455
/Thread

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.