[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How can you guys morally and ethically support Pokemon and Nintendo after what they've done?
>>
What's the drama this week?
>>
>>56471315
What's the problem?
>>
>>56471315
Because Nintendo is just a cartoon villain compared to companies like EA, Activision and Ubisoft in certain countries.
>>
File: qr_ENNrj_400x400.png (25 KB, 250x250)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>>56471326
BAH!
They are rank amateurs.
>>
>>56471315
I don't think Gamefreak had much of anything to do with it, I think Nintendo just cooked this lawsuit out of nowhere so they can establish a precedent that strengthens their patents, I doubt Gamefreak cared one way or another about Palworld and they just went along with it because it's not like they can tell their big partner no.
>>
>>56471315
define "support"
>>
File: 1725959498285158.png (1.22 MB, 1024x1024)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
I don't care about morals or ethics. I behave because it leads me to a leisurely life.
That said I haven't bought a Pokemon game in over a decade.
>>
>>56471315
???
I don’t
>>
>>56471322
>>56471325
Palworld got sued by Nintendo now tendies are butthurt that their AIslop chinese ripoff risks going bankrupt so they blame Nintendo for their shitty game downfall
>>
>>56471315
I didn't support them in the first place since both companies abandoned me to prioritize children instead of growing up with me like other companies did.
>>
>>56471360
>like other companies did
Like what?
>>
>>56471356
Oh. So what? Palworld was marketed on being "Pokemon with guns", it's their own fault
>>
>>56471315
Support?
>>
File: 1694139529330230.jpg (36 KB, 680x555)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>56471360
That has got to be one of the most saddest things I've read in a long time.
>>
>>56471367
little zoomie wants a history lesson. yes, we cared about the "E"s, "T"s and "M"s on the corners of game boxes back then and the companies knew it. where nintendo turned its back completely was gen 7 consoles. sony and microsoft doubled down on rated M games and making a console that appeals to teenagers, nintendo turned right around and targeted five year olds.
>>
>>56471418
>yes, we cared about the "E"s, "T"s and "M"s on the corners of game boxes back then
No we absolutely did not, the fuck are you talking about? The only ones who did were nerdy bitches who would tell on other kids. We beat them up. Did you get beat up? I bet you did
>>
>>56471441
you misunderstand, LARPing zoomie. kids want to feel grown up, so they were attracted to T and M games when the ESRB rating system was relevant.
>>
>>56471418
Not a zoomer, anon, I just think you're delusional. Because by "companies" you really meant intellectual propeties and franchises. Nintendo has always had M-rated games on their systems and still does, like the Mortal Kombat series. What supposed series aged with you? Halo? It was M from the start. God Of War? M from the start. Sony and Microsoft have always just not bothered trying to compete with Nintendo in the family-friendly space, which Pokemon has always been.
>>
>>56471456
if you're going to sit there and say with zero irony that gen 6 and especially gen 7 consoles were all equal in their distribution of M rated games and targeted the same audiences, I'm happy to continue letting you sound like a clown.
>>
>>56471450
I'm not that guy you're responding to, I'm in my 30's, we didn't care. Bragging about playing M rated games was what insecure kids did, the same kids who'd brag about having a knife or some shit
>>
>>56471466
I said no such thing. You're the one claiming Sony and Microsoft "aged" when, in reality, they have targeted the same age groups since they entered the video game space.
>>
>>56471485
Easy to say from a current perspective, but this has been discussed into oblivion over the years and it's not controversial to say that the industry grew up with the audience in the '00s and early '10s

>>56471467
Oh you were such mature and level headed twelve year old weren't you
>>
Isn’t most of pocket pair chinese? I support whatever hurts them.
>>
>>56471315
Don’t lump me in any of your shit. I didn’t buy and told you all not to buy Gen 8.
>>
>>56471356
Palworld is Japanese
>>
>>56471456
I don't remember any of my friends owning a Wii at the time. We were all playing Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto.
>>
>>56471513
>it's not controversial
And yet here you are arguing with multiple other posters about it. And you still haven't given a single example of a series that aged with this age group. Instead, you continue to make fallacious claims of alleged certainty that Sony and Microsoft changed their target demographics to suit a specific range of people as they aged. Just name even one, and maybe people on here would agree with you instead of just arguing against your nebulous sweeping generalizations.
>>
>>56471513
Oh no, I was a cunt back in the day. It's just guys who liked things for what they were and didn't brag were coolest
>>
>>56471315
I don't care about corporate beef I just want to play good games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.