[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Ranked mode datamined
>>
>>56540824
how do you know those emblems are for ranked mode and not for something else?

i could be related to collection completion by the end of a set or to events
>>
>>56541152
>how do you know those emblems are for ranked mode and not for something else?
Because every other digital card game uses a similar system
>>
>>56541182
???
what do you mean by similar system?

those are just emblems you add to your profile
you do not know how they will be obtained

they could be for ranked yes
but also as a reward for % set completion when a new set comes out
or as a reward depending how you do on a certain event
or who knows what else?
>>
>>56541192
You are on some mega copium if you think those aren't for ranked. There are even box icons for end of season rewards. Not adding ranked would be a death sentence for this game. Online card games make all their money from selling the competitive advantage.
>>
>>56541275
"box icons for end of season rewards"
right...
they are just assets dude
who knows what they are for (pic is case and point)

the one that is on mega copium is you, when those emblems could be used for a multitude of things, yes, ranked included

then again, in the Q&A that was done the week before the soft launch, the devs stated that they are aware that "SOME" people want there to be a ranked system and its something they have in "THE BACK OF THEIR MIND"
meaning its not something that is worked on, something that is being worked on and may be something that will happen in the future, who knows how distant, depending on player behavior and feedback

and by player behavior i mean the core players (casual collectors that barely battle) that make the bulk of the playerbase and revenue and not the vocal minority that is the rabid mod that used a VPN to enter a soft launch and are mostly wanting a competitive TCG
>>
This game in a nutshell
>open a gorrillion packs when you start
>fun as fuck
>after a few days you're basically only getting the 2 free packs
>think you still have a pretty good deck
>need a few more cards
>can't buy more even if you want without making a whole new zealand google/ipod account
>keep fighting people who definitely did this
>open the 2 packs a day for a week and still don't get +1 card you need
>there are about 3 decks that are the only usable ones and it's blatantly obvious that only those few decks are viable so you see them over and over
>>
>>56541974
>he didnt reroll for a good start
>>
Is it rigged at the start or did I luck out by pulling 3 EX Pikachus in my first 5 packs?
>>
>>56543374
you got lucky
>>
>>56541974
I'm waiting until they implement trades. It will be a deal breaker for the game, otherwise it's unplayable
>>
>>56544665
>make multiple accounts rerolling for the best and rarest cards
>trade them all to your main account
Probably not happening
>>
>>56540824
so now how am I supposed to get the premium pass? Says its not available in my country. Can't even use my Google account balance
>>
>>56544868
According to leaks you have to trade cards of the same rarity for each other. It's not like PTCGO where you could trade all your shit to someone for just one common card
>>
>>56545436
>trade cards of the same rarity for each other.
That's still ridiculously exploitable. Nothing's stopping anyone with two phones or an emulator from rerolling new accounts every set to trade their main account's janky SSRs for the hottest must-have power cards
>>
>>56541974
>can't buy more even if you want without making a whole new zealand google/ipod account
The entire game is nominally region locked. Global release is on the 30th.
>>56545787
That's too much of a hassle for normalfags and the whales will be consuming duplicates to pimp out their cards.
>>
>>56545787
>can only trade when you have 3 or more copies of the same card, so you at least get left with 2 copies.

> can only trade 1 for 1 cards

> can only trade for the same rarity

good luck rerolling accounts till you get 3 copies of the same 2 star (astronomically low odds with 40ish packs) and you still having 3+ copies of the same 2 star in your main account to "exploit" it
>>
>can't trade cards for packs like PTCGO
ONE FUCKING JOB
>>
You no longer need a VPN to login btw. I finally got to uninstall that tunnelfucker app that never worked
>>
Wonder pick is the most rigged niggershit I've ever seen in a gacha game. This shit is NOT 1 in 5 chance to get the good card.
>>
What's the general consensus on the game right now? I'm enjoying it, but I don't have enough cards to dig deep enough to thoroughly enjoy it. Only playable deck I have is Pidgeot Arbok and it's a solid deck, but doesn't outright rape everything like it seems the top decks do. What're the chances this game is consistently balanced and decently competitive?
>>
>>56547035
git gud scrub

>>56547037
chances of the game being decently competitive? 0%

the gameplay is shallow af with the simplistic design of the cards and the 20 card decks

player input ends at the choosing what deck to play stage
everything that comes after is just coinflips, draw RNG and a flowchart to get to the end of the match
>>
>>56547037
>What're the chances this game is consistently balanced and decently competitive?
I'm not holding my breath.
>>
File: 220.jpg (40 KB, 367x512)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>56547037
>What's the general consensus on the game right now?
Not much content and gets boring extremely quickly.
>What're the chances this game is consistently balanced and decently competitive?
None whatsoever. Fully expect every meta to be dominated by the same 1-3 decks. We also have hilariously unbalanced bullshit like pic related right from the start. Devs have also said they REALLY don't wanna do balance changes to cards even though it's a digital only game. This was one of the biggest downfalls of Hearthstone and history will repeat itself when the devs refuse to nerf some unholy bullshit that is bound to happen in the future.
>>
>>56547052
Photoshop. Wonder Pick landing on the correct card absolutely does not fucking happen.
>>
>>56547065
No, no, see, balance is irrelevant because there's no ranked.
>>
>>56547071
Go to the wonder pick menu. Click on the (?) tooltip. Report back.
>>
>>56547072
You joke but the fuckwads at Creatures Inc genuinely believe this.
>>
File: 1553012090094.gif (403 KB, 320x240)
403 KB
403 KB GIF
>>56547078
I wasn't joking.
>>
I hope this game does well because I've been extremely lucky and got full art pika, zard and mewtwo
>>
>inb4 accounts are reset on launch
>>
>>56547128
Thats a good way to remove paying costumers from playing the game. Anyway it's not or they wouldn't have the cash shop. Its a soft launch not a beta.
>>
>>56547065
> Devs have also said they REALLY don't wanna do balance changes to cards even though it's a digital only game.
Why on earth would any developer take this stance let alone say it out loud? It can't be difficult to balance shit especially with the playerbase doing all the testing for them. Fuck, I guess it's true then that the game is more about collecting than battling. Seems retarded to make another card game that's all about collecting when the physical card game is exactly that already; with the added bonus of, you know, holding REAL value instead of digital pixels on a screen worth nothing.
>>
>>56547174
Like 99.9% of multiplayer vidya are complete flops. It's rare to ever get a game where the devs have brains.
>>
>>56547181
It's not even a matter of intellect or competency. Second Dinner at least tries to balance Marvel Snap consistently. Even if they often blow it, they try. This shouldn't be any different. Hell, it's a core strategy for card games like this to release new, broken shit, for people to buy into and then nerf later. Flat out refusing to even try to balance it is laughable and a surefire way to kill your own CCG.
>>
File: 1717999323771.gif (1.68 MB, 332x332)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB GIF
so rolling for different packs is a mistake right? You should stick to one of the tree, try to roll one copy of the full art you want since you won't be able to trade thise, and trade all your duplicates common cards to complete the set
>>
>>56544875
you can when the game is released in your country at the end of this month
>>
>>56547216
Yeah. for sure. they will add trading before the first pack rotates. take all your wonder picks from that same pack too
>>
I need a Link to the Game's apk (but in the Past)
>>
File: Angry.png (1 KB, 40x40)
1 KB
1 KB PNG
>two whole days building a charizard deck because i got a charizard ex from the first packs
>every fucking person is playing articuno
>>
>>56548029
Water is simply too good bro
>>
File: 1709550824447458.jpg (191 KB, 1496x1632)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
the base tcg game has too strategies, shufflling a shit ton of cards, and getting a shit ton of energy in this game shuffling is half as good because you can only put 3 mons on stand by and enery cards are gone. So what strategy is left?
>>
>>56548779
I wouldn't use "strategy" to describe either game so I don't understand the question.
In both games you have a game plan your deck is built around and you do that thing. That's not a strategy, it's a win condition.
In both games you deviate from your plan to counterplay what your opponent can to (or might be able to do). I would hesitate to call that tactics, but it's a closer description than strategy.
When you were asking about "strategy" did you mean either of those? Or something else?
>>
File: IMG_20241009_202320584~2.jpg (1.99 MB, 4080x3072)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB JPG
Enjoy lads
>>
>>56548753
yeah, it really is, also misty lets you attack on 1st turn, dont know if its a glitch or what so theres that.
Im in too deep for a reroll but if any anon sees this and wants to play, invest in the starmie articuno deck or you will just be wasting time, or zapdos for the counter play i guess
>>
This man's luck
>>
>open a pack
>2 gengar ex
>nice
>check card list
>2 ghastlys
>0 fucking haunters
are you actually fucking kidding me right now
>>
>>56550530
Oh right there are God Packs
>>
>>56540824
So, now that the game has been datamined, is it possible to grab some hi res pics of the cards, or is the native res so shit?
>>
>>56549151
it's not. their solution to no attacks on turn one is no energy generates, which fucking sucks if you go first and don't have misty
>>
>>56550530
god packs can show up in wonder pick??????
>>
>>56550907
Any pack with no 3 star or higher cards can show up.
>>56549151
>invest in the starmie articuno deck or you will just be wasting time,
You can build control decks too.
>>
>>56551095
Every deck that isn't starmie/articuno is at a extreme disadvantage, even pika/zapdos. Water needs a couple nerfs immediately. Maybe no attacks on turn 1, or a misty nerf. Maybe lower starmies damage some.
I went on a 14 game win streak with starmie/articuno half of then quitting soon immediately or soon as I set up.
>>
>>56551119
the problem isn't so much that Misty is good, but that you can't otherwise attach energy turn one but could attack Turn one if you could
>>
If I link my current account to google, can I then log out and reroll and link that second account to a different google account and have 2 accounts?
>>
>>56540824
Do you happen to know the source of that?
>>
>>56546127
>You no longer need a VPN to login btw.
LET'S FUCKING GOOOO
>>
File: image_1.png (107 KB, 364x387)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
>>56551331
its from datamining the game files

but its for events, not for ranked like OP claimed
>>
>>56551331
nevermind
https://x.com/pokemonpocket_/status/1842199576318779403
>>56550875
You'll have to find and ask the dataminer for that
There's no publicly known way to pull the images right now
>>
>>56551352
>but its for events, not for ranked like OP claimed
It's over...
>>
>>56551330
I want to know this too. I'm bored with my current deck and want to try rerolling, but don't want to lose this account.
How to proceed?
>>
>>56551119
>I went on a 14 game win streak
How many of those decks were built sanely?
>>
File: 1514699931353.jpg (86 KB, 1200x886)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
So, rating of the game so far?
>>
>>56552152
If there's no ranked on launch then it's 0/10
>>
>>56552152
Can't rate it when there's no ranked or trading yet. That will define the game. Right now it's a uncomple game.
>>
>>56552152
pretty decent but bareboned currently
>>
File: 1701124058300.jpg (72 KB, 1000x982)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>56552152
the fact that it is a card collecting game but you cannot zoom in the art of each card is fucking stupid. Only the rarest ones have something that focus on this aspect and it is just a fucking video. Like...????? Every new card game nowadays let you see the art. Obviously the only people who put effort in this game were the programmers to make it run smoothly
>>
>>56551095
I found one with a crown pika, costed 4 to do
Didn't get it
>>
>>56552319
>>56552214
>>56551461

why tf would you want ranked in a game this shallow and simple?

player input pretty much ends at the deck selection stage...
everything that comes after is just coinflips (a lot of them), draw rng and a flowchart to the end of the game

a ranked ladder would take as much skill as a coin flipping league, there is no point to it when the skill ceiling is so fking low, deck variance is inexistent due to the 20 card limit and the simplistic card design, and once in game if you have that ludicrously low skill ceiling, getting to the end of the game requires no thinking or decisions making beyond moving your finger

>>56552152
game is fine for what it is, a casual collecting card game where you put 10 or 15 mins every day to open your free packs and maybe have a casual 5 minute battle
i think anyone that expects anything beyond that will end up disappointed, but its going to be a huge hit with the normie audience designed that way
>>
>>56541974
Classic Dena Game, I swear these are the kind of guys that would produce an animated series and have the characters in it say that watching cartoons is for kids.

All of Dena's works are made by old as fuck business man that read a few things online and be like "oh people like this, let's add this, people don't like that we don't do that" without even considering WHY everyone else do those things and then they end up with fucking prototypes by someone that has never played a gatcha/collector/moba before.

This shit will MAYBE be eventually good in 3-4 years when after a shit ton of feedback and trial and error they manage to do something that doesn't sucks, but by that point it will be too late to join the game without feeling left out (hello master Sex)
>>
>>56552989
There is some decision making (retreat or die, clog a space or risk a red card, etc.) but the question is always "greed?"
>>
>>56553045
>made by old as fuck business man that read a few things online and be like "oh people like this, let's add this, people don't like that we don't do that" without even considering WHY everyone else do those things
That's just the video game industry as a whole right now
>>
I ran into the biggest whale I've seen so far
>lvl 25
>all 3 emblems
>deck full of alt arts
>had the special sleeves from the shop that you need to dust high rarity shit to get
>>
>>56553527
There are lvl 50s. 25 isn't shit. I'm lvl 19 and not a whale.
>>
theres going to be a PC version, r-right...?
>>
>>56553527
I saw a level 40 days ago
>>
Dead game
>>
>>56551353
>>56550875
pokemon-zone has all the cards in high quality
I think it is datamined, since they have the unobtainable promos listed and everything
>>
>>56540824
Is it true that the cards in the game are largely original?
>>
>>56556226
Yeah, it's a dumbed down version of the real card game and it reversed the power creep back to the early days of the tcg. It's almost like if you were playing it when it came out because it's so simple right now.
>>
File: example.png (1.59 MB, 734x1024)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
>>56556226
Yes.
>>
>>56554913
>no switch version
>named pocket
probably not
>>
File: expanded.png (287 KB, 616x396)
287 KB
287 KB PNG
>>56556952
>pocket monsters
>named pocket
big think
>>
>pocket monsters trading card game pocket
>monsters trading card game pocket, pocket
>>
>>56556226
They have different mechanics but most of the art is reused.
>>
File: z.jpg (36 KB, 692x387)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>56541974
Just be glad you're part of the people who will soon enough quit the game, instead of being stuck into a mobile game scheme
Enjoy the early adrenaline rush and then dip out
>>
>>56557486
The game barely has any content. You could speedrun from a reroll account every AI opponent, open like 30 packs in 2~3hours just autobuilding decks. Deck variety is also obscenely tiny right now with how overpowered certain cards are cough starmie cough
>>
I can't stop getting pikachu ex. I just want zapdos or blastoise.
>>
>>56557874
Meanwhile I can't even get a Sabrina
>>
>>56557983
I still don't have a koga or brock. 800 cards in.
>>
>>56557874
only one more full art Pikachu and you can trade it for Mewtwo or Charizard
>>
Oh fucking finally I got a Misty
Off of wonder pick but who cares
>>
>>56557718
>Deck variety is also obscenely tiny right now
It's only going to get worse. Once we have enough good generic trainers in the game every deck will be 18 trainers & 2 big basic EX
>>
i feel for this guy (and did a wonder pick because I didn't have any of these cards yet)
>>
File: 1728739091583879.gif (3.59 MB, 825x1080)
3.59 MB
3.59 MB GIF
I realized having a casual collection battling card app alongside Duel Links wouldn't be too bad. Add me, friends. ID: 8432-8432-3852-3863
>>
>>56560176
Fearow is a solid card.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.