[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: xy.png (1.55 MB, 1148x685)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB PNG
(1/4)

Hello everyone. I work for the Pokémon Company and while I don't work on the games directly, I do know a lot about what goes on behind the scene so I'm here to share some info regarding Legends ZA as well as plans for the Pokémon franchise going forward.

>Unlike what's being speculated, the game takes place in the present day set a few years after X&Y.

>The starters are Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie again. However, their final stages receive Mega Evolutions.

>You play as new characters named Andrew(M) and Indila(F) who are assistants to Professor Sycamore. They eventually join the redevelopment team, Quasar.

>Quasar is led by a man named Rico who has the vision of a new Kalos where people and Pokémon can coexist together. His plan is to expand Lumiose City from its original size and install artificial biomes around the city, similar to the terrarium from the Indigo Disk.

>The game is set entirely in Lumiose City as previously stated but that also includes five different areas surrounding the city which consists of a forest, swamp, desert, coast, and snowy forest.

>The player is tasked to go to these areas, catch Pokémon, collect resources, and clear the boss of each area. Once an area is clear, buildings will be built on top of said area and artificial biomes will be installed in order to preserve some of the nature.

>This expands the city from its original size and new buildings such as salons and clothing shops get unlocked and new mission areas.

>Going inside the artificial biomes, you can find and catch Pokémon not found anywhere else in the game.

>Lastly, there are 5 ride Pokémon which consists of Gogoat for land, Noivern for flight, Lapras for swimming, Rhyhorn for smashing rocks, and Mamoswine for ice travel.

>Characters from X&Y all make a return, including gym leaders and your rivals who are older and have careers. Characters from other games such as Looker, Emmet, and many others also appear.
>>
>>56542910
OP here I just took a fat shit btw
>>
(2/4)

To mark the return of Mega Evolution, 34 brand new Megas are introduced spanning all the different generations. The ones with typings near their names indicates they have a brand new typing.

Gen 1:
>Mega Nidoqueen
>Mega Nidoking
>Mega Machamp
>Mega Lapras
>Mega Dragonite

Gen 2:
>Mega Crobat
>Mega Slowking
>Mega Miltank

Gen 3:
>Mega Flygon
>Mega Milotic (Water/Fairy)

Gen 4:
>Mega Staraptor (Fighting/Flying)
>Mega Luxray (Electric/Dark)
>Mega Roserade
>Mega Weavile
>Mega Yanmega (Bug/Dragon)
>Mega Froslass

Gen 5:
>Mega Krookodile
>Mega Chandelure
>Mega Haxorus (Dragon/Steel)
>Mega Volcarona

Gen 6:
>Mega Kalos Starters
>Mega Talonflame
>Mega Pangoro
>Mega Noivern

Gen 7:
>Mega Tsareena (Grass/Fighting)
>Mega Mimikyu

Gen 8:
>Mega Corviknight
>Mega Toxtricity

Gen 9:
>Mega Armarouge
>Mega Ceruledge
>Mega Tinkaton
>Mega Kingambit

On top of this, every Mega introduced in X&Y and ORAS will return including the Hoenn starters, Mewtwo, Latios, Latias, and Rayquaza. Each of them are linked to side quests in order to unlock them

Speaking of side quests, I'll go over some.

>Mr. Fuji from Red and Blue assigns you to capture Mewtwo and gives you its Mega Stones as a reward.

>Steven Stone from Ruby and Sapphire assigns you a task to capture Latios and Latias where he gives you their Mega Stones upon completion.

>Zinnia from ORAS returns to seek help in capturing Rayquaza and will teach it Dragon Ascent after capturing him.

>Looker returns alongside Anabel where they investigate Ultra Beast sightings in Kalos which introduces two new Ultra Beasts alongside a new Fire type Tapu.

>Miriam from Scarlet and Violet has a quest where you try and help her set up a class at Lumiose Academy. This quest confirms the game is set after Scarlet and Violet.

>Lastly, Emmet from Black and White is looking for Celebi in hopes of tracking his brother, Ingo, in Hisui. The mission ends with Celebi sending Emmet back to the past to Hisui and you get to keep Celebi as a reward.
>>
(3/4)

Now this is where I go over major spoilers so be warned.

>Rico is the main antagonist of the game and was a follower of Lysandre. His goal now is to continue what Lysandre started by recruiting members of Team Flare and capturing Xerneas and Yveltal and activating the Ultimate Weapon again in the hopes of resetting the universe.

>The protagonists team up with AZ to try and stop Rico from resetting the universe by getting the help of a new character named Porio who holds knowledge of the new legendary Pokémon named Azroth, a squirrel-like Pokémon that is the counterpart to Zygarde.

>At the climax of the game, everyone confronts Rico who is about to activate the Ultimate Weapon. From there, he unleashes Xerneas and Yveltal who are in their brand new forms. You must fight and capture them where you then must face off Rico in one last epic battle.

>Upon defeating Rico, he will unleash Zygarde and you must fight and capture him. The Zygarde boss has two phases, one in his 50% form and the other in his 100% form. His 100% form is difficult but Porio gives you Azroth to battle Zygarde with.

>After Zygarde is defeated and captured, Rico still manages to fire the Ultimate Weapon where it hits Kalos and the universe starts to reset. A cutscene then happens where all the Legendaries team up to stop the Ultimate Weapon by firing attacks at it. Suddenly, an explosion occurs that engulfs everything in a white light.

>The player then wakes up in a dark void until a light that resembles the one in the beginning of Legends Arceus tells you that the universe has been reset, a new world has been created, and that everyone you knew is gone. The light then tells you that you will be put in charge of leading a new redevelopment of Lumiose City.

>It then fades to white until you wake up in Lumiose City again, look at the Prism Tower, and then the camera pans to the sky where the Pokémon Legends ZA logo pops out before cutting to black and the credits start to roll.
>>
>>56542910
>has the vision of a new Kalos where people and Pokémon can coexist together
for real, everything they say that, makes me wonder, is there any part of that world where they don't do already? pretty much every human do nothing but simp for pokemons.
>>
(4/4)

Now for some closing statements.

>Pokémon Legends ZA is the final game set in the old timeline and the franchise will undergo a reboot starting with the next Generation.

>This new era of the Pokémon franchise sets out to innovate on the old formula by changing things drastically and completely abandoning old mechanics such as the turn-based battle system.

>Because of this, Pokémon Legends ZA is one last celebration of the franchise which is why Mega Evolutions were brought back alongside some old characters.

>Ultimately, this is what the ZA in Legends ZA represents. Z is the final word in the English alphabet, hence the end of the timeline. A is the start of the alphabet, hence the beginning of a new timeline.

>The next game will take place in a brand new timeline seperate from the one we've seen from Gens 1-9 and will act as a Renaissance for the whole franchise which is fitting considering that it seems to take place in an Italian inspired region from what I've been able to gather.

That's all I'm able to share but before I go, I must inform that the next trailer will be revealed in the Pokémon Presents on February 27th.
>>
>>56542916
>>Mega Luxray (Electric/Dark)
>>Mega Yanmega (Bug/Dragon)
lol
lmao
>>
>>56542925
>abandoning old mechanics such as the turn-based battle system.
we have Final Fantasy situation in our hands, I wonder if are going for something closer to Palworld, they already saw the potential
>>
>>56542925
>We'll reboot the franchise but we'll start in Europe and not in Japan
Here's your (you)
>>
>>56542910
>thé game Is totally set in thé présent day goys. Thats why you’re stuck in a singular town and cant get out
yeah sure retard
>tf-the kalos starters are totally not gona get cucked this time
lmao, keep on huffing and puffing that copium spermacetis. this isnt and will never be pokemon Z
>>
>>56542916
>mega kingambit
FAKE AND GAY BUT I WANNA BE A FAG SO BAD
>>
Megas coming back in Legends doesn't really excite me if it has the same jank gameplay as the first Legends. I want to use them online and shit.
>>
>>56542920
>>Looker returns alongside Anabel where they investigate Ultra Beast sightings in Kalos which introduces two new Ultra Beasts alongside a new Fire type Tapu.
Clearly fake, sorry bro better luck next time
>>
>>56542996
too bad bitch
>>
>>56542916
>>Mega Staraptor (Fighting/Flying)
>>Mega Luxray (Electric/Dark)
fake as hell
>>
>>56542996
It's possible that they'll comeback in Gen 10 since there were leaked BDSP/SV style sprites for mega evolutions and eternal flower Floette.
>>
>>56542916
>Mega Kingambit
This sounds even edgier than Garchomp
>>
>>56542910
Mightyena get an evolution though?
>>
>>56542910
Fake and Gay
>>
>>56542925
>old timeline
Woops you fucked up here. We're already on our second timeline, retard kun
>>
>>56543068
Gigantamax and other gimmicks also have sprites so that doesn't mean much other than future proofing for future Kalos games
>>
File: 1723325168145452.webm (1.35 MB, 576x1024)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB WEBM
>>56542925
>and completely abandoning old mechanics such as the turn-based battle system.
how to kill a franchise 101
>>
big if true
>>
>>56542910
Is Rhyperior in?
>>
>>56542916
>a new Fire type Tapu.
No way, fake.
This happened with the genies because the genies aren't inherently tied to the Gen5 lore the way the Tapus are to Alola. A new Tapu in Kalos feels miles more out of place than Enamorous in Hisui.
>>
>>56542920
>Azroth, a squirrel-like Pokémon
Why are so many of these insisting that the new legendary is a squirrel, admitting there's one?

>>56542925
>the franchise will undergo a reboot starting with the next Generation.
>This new era of the Pokémon franchise sets out to innovate on the old formula by changing things drastically and completely abandoning old mechanics such as the turn-based battle system
It took GameFreak 3 generations (roughly 8 years) to recover from the Gen5 reboot fiasco, there's no way they'd try this again *and* take it so much further when something as little as locking old Pokemon out of the new region made millions of players panic, and they faced similar issues with the Dexit despite it not affecting the sales.
Gen9 also faced so many controversies due to not being polished enough and performance being below standards.
GameFreak is absolutely not in the place to reboot right now and they know it, they'd only do this if they decided to kill the franchise, which won't happen anytime soon because they love the money merch generates and how it peaks at every new gen especially when it appealed to nostalgia and avoids rebooting tendencies.
>>
>>56543532
>Gigantamax
Nope, only Megas have Sprites
The closest thing to another gimmick having a sprite is Ultra Necrozma having a sprite
>>
>>56542916
>No Mega Starmie
I choose to not believe this
>>
>>56542910
Fake and Gay
>>
Super fake
>>
>>56543872
>muh genies are based on seasons actually
Not saying this is a real leak but they can shoehorn whatever they want after that. The genies weren't as directly tied to the story of BW but it was still apart of the region's lore in that it's not ignored
>>
*sharts on thread*
>>
>>56542920
>After Zygarde is defeated and captured, Rico still manages to fire the Ultimate Weapon where it hits Kalos and the universe starts to reset. A cutscene then happens where all the Legendaries team up to stop the Ultimate Weapon by firing attacks at it. Suddenly, an explosion occurs that engulfs everything in a white light.
HAHHAHA WHAT THE FUCK LMAO
>>
File: SEASONS.jpg (133 KB, 1200x600)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>56544481
At first they were unrelated, they were representations of Japanese Kamis; Thunder, Wind, and Harvest.

It was not until they were given the form based on Chinese celestial beasts that they acquired the qualities of seasons, as well as cardinal points due to the different types of winds in each season, similar to the Greek Anemoi.

Thus:
Enamorus represents spring, mating season
Thundurus represents summer, typhoon season
Landorus represents autumn, harvest season
Tornadus represents winter, icy wind season
>>
>>56544481
The tapus are much more intrinsically connected to Alola than the genies are connected to Unova. Keep in mind that every tapu is very heavily connected to its island, which is why they're all the same color as the color the island they're from is named after. Meanwhile, the genies are a secondary side legendary trio in their home region with only one member having a location specific to it and the entire trio having no presence in the sequels. There is absolutely no reason why there would be a fifth tapu in Kalos in the way that there would be more regis or genies in other regions.
>>
>>56542916
electric/dark luxray instantly invalidates your entire fanfic, if you hadn’t included that i honestly might have believed it
>>
>>56544894
34 megas is pushing it too, I expect 10 at the most
>>
>>56542910
Post your fanfic on fanfiction.net
>>
>No Primals
Magma and Aquabros...
>>
File: Spoiler Image (484 KB, 220x220)
484 KB
484 KB GIF
holy shit Azroth leaked pic!!
>>
File: 1698226227862171.jpg (34 KB, 600x369)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>56544912
>34 megas is pushing it too
i am hoping for far more than that
>>
>>56542910
>>56542916
>>56542920
>>56542925
Fucking Kek
>>
>>56542910
Pokemon Legends ZA
Ash, Serena meets Red, Leaf are young adults

Present: Froakie, Fennekin, Chespin with mega evolutions.
Mega Satoshi Gekkouga / Mega Ash Greninja

Past: Charmander, Froakie and Chikorita.

The story goes that Kanto and Kalos were a single region mainly responsible for the creation of the Pokémon world.
>>
File: 6hu0eg.png (193 KB, 500x500)
193 KB
193 KB PNG
>>56542910
>starters are Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie again
You just discredited your entire blogpost in one fell swoop.
I'm going to read it now and laugh at you for it only because I'm bored.
>>
>>56542910
gake and fay
Way too detailed, holy crap. Cut down your wishlist and maybe it'll have a chance at being somewhat believable.
>>
File: EbtEz6KWoAYMJMN.jpg (19 KB, 500x349)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>56542910
>>56542916
>>56542920
>>56542925
>entire game is a buildup to soft-reboot the franchise
>basically hand-waiving any obligations to keep anything like Megas, Gigantimax, Terra
This is the only thing that is remotely believable but I just don't see them doing it this way.
>>
File: za lumiose-2.png (1.97 MB, 2422x1210)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB PNG
I was right once again.

Cityfags BTFO
>>
>>56545591
>still coping over the fact that the game take place in a singular town
lol
>>
File: PBNCITYW49_2048x[1].jpg (133 KB, 795x635)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>56545496
With the Present Day thing the guy blew it.

I'm not going to fuck with the patterns, but I think TPC found a positive response by making PLA in the past and will continue this line of games with this premise, especially a place and time that a lot of Japanese yearn for, early 20th century Paris.
>>
>>56542925
>no turn based battles
gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay
>>
20 bucks on how the guy who posted these fake leaks is italian
>>
>>56545496
>>56545684
Those are literally the two things in his posts that are not only probable, but extremely likely.
>>
If they were going to reboot, it would be Kanto again. They aren’t going to make the same mistake like they did in Gen 5
>>
>>56545915
You mean all new pokemon? They would just pick 600 ones to put in the games like swsh and sv did.
>>
>>56545899
you are getting pokemon legends ZA, not pokemon z or x2y2. learn to cope
>>
>>56542910
>I work for the Pokemon company
Unironically kill yourself.
>>
>>56545684
it's been years since I played X or Y but from what I remember there was an ancient civilisation with advanced technology which would make a great setting for this kind of game
>>
leaker here. you'll have a fully blown sex cutscene with Eureka/Bonnie at the top of Lumiose Tower as your reward.
>>
>>56542920
>>The player then wakes up in a dark void until a light that resembles the one in the beginning of Legends Arceus tells you that the universe has been reset, a new world has been created, and that everyone you knew is gone. The light then tells you that you will be put in charge of leading a new redevelopment of Lumiose City.
we Future Trunks now?
>>
>>56542925
>Pokémon Legends ZA is the final game set in the old timeline
Between Gen 1-2, Gen 3-5, and Gen 6+, aren't we already on our 3rd timeline?
>>
You don't know shit youtuber. There is no news until 2025
>>
>>56542993
>>56543522
>>56544409
>Still seething beyond lunacy
Yikes and cringepilled
>>
>>56545506
Ghat a wuy!
ace thruster will be the dream we all share forever and ever, no matter how many years he will be based.
>>
File: Roll for initiative!.jpg (297 KB, 1080x853)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
>>56546046
Add more Norse lore, Catacombs as a dungeon crawler and we could have a fun game

In theory we have the rogue, the warrior, and the wizard of an RPG with the Kalos starters, complete the set with regional evolutions a cleric, a ranger, and a bard
>>
>>56542916
>34 brand new Megas
Yep, that ain't happening
>>
File: 1684873736720726.png (75 KB, 701x810)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
>>56542916
>>Mega Miltank
please God, be true!!
>>
>>56542910
OP here, I love sucking cocks
>>
>>56542925
>youtube grifeter's follower shares the usual fan fiction about "the games are in need of a reboot!" ignoring yet again the fact that Japan has a different view on continuity compared to the west

Many such cases.
>>
>>56542910
>I work for the Pokémon Company
>Writes a fucking novel
How retarded are you? Have you never ever seen a real leak?
>>
>>56542916
>>Mega Kingambit
that sounds broken
>Mega Corviknight
>Mega Tinkaton
Imagine the sex
>>56542925
>abandoning old mechanics such as the turn-based battle system.
Fake and gay, this is a easy way to make a lot of people abandon pokemon.
>>
File: 1717246330733421.png (622 KB, 1167x660)
622 KB
622 KB PNG
>>56547749
OP here, trust me dude.
>>
>>56547937
>4/0 uncaught
All he had to do was...not do that.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.