[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Satoshi_Tajiri_2016.jpg (428 KB, 977x977)
428 KB
428 KB JPG
>Last spotted supposedly in 2016
>Hasn't been seen or mentioned by anyone ever
>Only ever "credited" in Executive Producer role in newer games, basically the Japanese equivalent of "relevant person" that creators often get promoted into that don't have any influence on current products
>Somehow the creator of the most successful multimedia brand on the planet is THIS MIA

He's dead
>>
What if he doesn't want the attention
>>
File: Red's Snorlax artwork.jpg (1.56 MB, 3445x3445)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
>>56550571
He just wants to be left alone instead of in the spotlight like Red abandoning the Champion post to be off by himself on Mt Silver
Why don't you go looking for him in person and maybe he'll battle you
>>
>>56550611
I'd play him in a Gen I / Gen II FT5 no legendaries only species clause.
>>
>>56550571
He was on Epstein's island
>>
if i made the most successful franchise in the world i would fuck off too
>>
>>56551053
That's not Hideo Kojima.
>>
>>56550571
Play first two games and read old interviews and articles about him. Pokemon became everything that he was against. Nigga just wanted to tell story about how industrialization and urbanization are lame and gay and now his story got turned into machine to print tons of glorified landfill material.
Satoshi Tajiri is one of the most tragic artists of our times.
>>
>>56551240
>Nigga just wanted to tell story about how industrialization and urbanization are lame and gay

Then why is the fictional world he created just as industrialized and urbanized as the real world?
>>
Diddy did it...
>>
>>56551240
>How the first generation of Pokemon's original message was that le capitalism is bad - A retrospective [03:58:09]
>>
>>56551240
>Nigga just wanted to tell story about how industrialization and urbanization are lame and gay
No, industrialization of Tokyo did impact the idea of Pokemon because Tajiri lived his childhood when certain areas were still countryside and he used to play the whole day outside catching bugs, and then he observed how Tokyo kids less than a generation later could no longer do that because the places Tajiri and other kids his age would play in were now industrialized.

Pokemon was meant as an escapism fantasy for kids to immerse themselves in a world where the balance between countryside and industrialization was enough to be able to pretend your backyard was a far place immersed in nature even if de facto it was safely close to home.
To give them an equivalent of Tajiri's childhood spent in nature catching bugs and observing other creatures, but mixed up with the interest he later developed as a teen for videogames and JRPGs.

Pokemon indeed contains criticism of hyper-industrialization (for instance the very existence of Grimer and Koffing), but it was never meant primarily as a political statement.
He simply saw/sees the threat industrialization past a certain point specifically in the relation to the possibility for kids to develop their imagination and self-confidence in a natural environment through play-pretend.

From this point of view, Tajiri's dream still holds up to present day because Pokemon regions always have an abundance of natural environments and the feeling, especially for kids, to live an adventure that feels both far from home and civilization but still actually very physically close to it.

I do agree that Tajiri probably hates how much of a marketing beast and money-printing machine his creature became, to the point where all other aspects of the franchise impact the games' production schedule and content.
>>
>>56550571
Masuda had to have killed him
>>
>>56551240
/thread
>>
>>56551489
>I do agree that Tajiri probably hates how much of a marketing beast and money-printing machine his creature became, to the point where all other aspects of the franchise impact the games' production schedule and content.
He's the one researching shit for gimmicks for the Gens dude. He's also still part of the selection committee because he's pretty much one the few oldfags left who codified the ruleset and as a result has a deeper understanding of what SHOULD be a pokémon. He's perfectly happy with the beast that grew up alongside it, as it's selling HIS idea, his series to children and he hasn't actually released any other game or created any other IP, showing he's not exactly trying to break away from his baby.
>>
>>56551489
>Grimer and Koffing
Is that why their regional variants are environmentally friendly?
>>
>>56551747
is there ANY evidence of that?

actually is there ANY evidence of anything in this thread or it's all schizoposting?
>>
>>56551402
How do you tell a story about thing bad without thing? I guess can just picture a utopia but that doesn't describe the idea correctly.
>>
>>56551776
>trust me bro
>>
>>56551776
An interview with Masuda in the recent past (last 5-6 years, before he dipped out of Game Freak).
But really the fact he's still listed as at the studio, hasn't officially left, passed off the head of the company position or even moved over to TPC should fucking tell you he's still somewhat involved in it. Only you disaffected manchild fucks can't POSSIBLY imagine the man who found joy that kids everywhere loved these things still enjoys what it's doing, as you're projecting your own atrophied feelings of the series onto him, to cope with growing old and Pokémon, that great big kiddy security blankey you had for YEARS, don't give a fuck.
>>
>>56551776
He said he likes Pokemon Go I believe, a few years ago.
>>
>>56551747
Hi joe
>>
>>56552122
I buy my games kid. Don't lump me in with thieves and grifters.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.