[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (2.06 MB, 2388x1668)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB PNG
>We literally just got the answer to the diagram from the HGSS Arceus event everyone has been speculating about for over a decade and nobody cares
Lel.
So anyway, there are placeholder names there that nobody have figured out for sure yet.
2 mythicals:
>"Smiley"
>"Birthlee"
3 pseudolegends/minor legends like the Lati twins/regular mons with kinda legendary backgrounds like Gyarados:
>"Dahabu"
>"Saan"
>"Gordon"

All the codenamed pokemon are from gen 4 and no gen 4 mythical/pseudolegend it's present so they're obviously gen 4 mons
The mythicals could be Shaymin, Darkrai, Manaphy and Phione. However, it's worth noting that an unused roaming Darkrai event was found in the files for DPPt years ago, meaning it possibly wasn't originally going to be a mythical but rather a minor legendary like its counterpart Cresselia or the Lati twins. Meaning it could also fit into the second category.
The pseudo/minor legends could be Garchomp, Cresselia, Heatran and, as previously discussed, Darkrai.
So my theory (taking inspiration from other posts from other anons) is:
>Saan
Cresselia, it could be a reference to CERN, an organization that helped NASA for moon missions
>Daabu
Darkrai, it kinda sounds like "Dark"
>Gordon
Garchomp. I guess it starts with a G? It's hard to imagine Garchomp wouldn't be in there.
>Smiley
Shaymin, it sounds like it and it linked to gifting flowers to people
>Birthlee
Manaphy, only mythical that can give birth, and is literally born from an egg itself. In the movie it's also supposed to be the newborn of a lineage of kinds of the sea or something. This is the most solid one imo

Btw, Giratina is off the table. They added a circle for it near Dialga and Palkia in the Arceus event. Giratina probably wasn't even planned to be a thing at that point or at least wasn't gonna be part of the creation trio. Even the leaked early lore only mentions Arceus splitting itself into two with no mention of a third part. Giratina's role is probably a Platinum addition
>>
>>56573116
FYI there's a text wall leak from the same dump that swaps a bunch of Pokémon like Snorlax in, talks about how Dialga/Palkia popped certain trios out of a vag, etc.
Don't waste your fucking time unless you're looking at all versions of this thing.
>>
>>56573282
Can you link it?
>>
>>56573116
>Btw, Giratina is off the table. They added a circle for it near Dialga and Palkia in the Arceus event. Giratina probably wasn't even planned to be a thing at that point or at least wasn't gonna be part of the creation trio. Even the leaked early lore only mentions Arceus splitting itself into two with no mention of a third part. Giratina's role is probably a Platinum addition

>Its shadow, soaring through the sky, became the god who sustains the heavens, called Caillou.
Caillou is the dev name for giratina, it's mentioned in the very last sentence of the lore doc
>>
>>56573470
That's machine translated, remember.
>>
https://innomaroom.hatenablog.com/entry/pokemonlegendsarceus-poem-consideration

The weird song in some of the documents are tied to the poems in Arceus. This site goes into some of the interpretations of Arceus' poems.

To be honest I'm pretty skeeved out by these weird documents. Especially the, 'eyes, heart and voice' stuff that's pretty much referencing Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf.

Shit feels like creepypasta. Freaky ass employees, and they didn't just scrap it - they incorporated a lot of this dogshit into PLA.

Feels like Ainu/Emishi influence, I don't know enough about the tensions between them but I reckon it's similar to the North American native shit. Savage nonsense that seems noble and weird rituals, as well as the callous behaviour of settlers who want to be civilized but fail to get along with each other because of their clashes in tradition. But, deep down they're of the same build and potential, but they still fight because of petty squabbles in the grand scheme of things which feel world-ending to those involved.

In all, it's pretty interesting despite its creepiness. A story about an all-powerful force of life fighting off conceptual giants that radiates out into the formation of our world, and then our feelings, environment and even our anger and violence.

Fucking weird. In writing this I teeter between "this is oddly profound" to "this is moronic". I guess it makes us think, at least. Japanese folklore can be so inane at times to encapsulate tragedy and grief, and yet these weirdass stories proliferated into modernity, spawning countless anime and manga.

Humanity's capacity for storytelling is interesting.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (162 KB, 1280x720)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>56573470
Ah, i see my bad. It's hard to keep track with everything that leaked.
Still though, it wasn't originally going to be part of the diagram which is why they added a circle for it in the final version
>>
I wonder if we'll ever see the giants one day

besides eternatus
>>
>>56573550
The giants thing is a reference to Norse mythology, i think it was just meant to be part of a creation myth. Basically Arceus is Odin
>>
>>56573550
they're mentioned in-game in DPP, when you pick up one of the plates (I think the Fist Plate?)
>>
>>56573470
But doesn’t the leaked diagram show no circle for Giratina/Calilou, whereas the Sinjoh Ruins pattern >>56573513 has a 3rd circle for Giratina as the only change from the diagram?
>>
>>56573116
There's actually apparently a text thing in the leak which has Giratina originally being Rayquaza's shadow
>>
>>56573116
[1/2]

In the beginning, there was a vortex of chaos.
All mixed slowly together, and everything was a blur.
One day, a large egg appeared in the center of the chaos. For a long time, the egg continued to shake.

Eventually, the vortex stopped, and the egg broke. The absolute god AUS was born.

The scattered fragments of the egg transformed into giants, and attacked the newly born AUS.
However, AUS quickly grew, and continuously defeated the giants.
At last, after a fierce battle, AUS defeated all the giants.

The wounded AUS created an alternate self.
As the left and right side of AUS’s body were different, it created two selves.
AUS gathered the body of the defeated giants, and poured its blood into them.

From the one who resembled his left poured out light, so AUS named it IA, the god of light.
From the one who resembled his right poured out darkness, so AUS named it EA, the god of darkness.

To the two, AUS commanded that the world be filled with people, and fell into a deep slumber.

Although IA and EA were different in appearance, they loved one another, were joined, and had many children.
However, there still existed no world, and their frail children, who had nowhere to go, died one after the other.
Though overcome with great sadness, IA and EA thought of creating a world where all could live healthy and prosperous lives.

IA and EA called their children REI, the god of eyes; AI, the god of heart; and HAI, the god of voice.

When REI open its eyes, everything that was there appeared. There was now contour and color in the world.
When AI wished for it, everything that was there could be felt. A sense of calm spread.
When HAI shouted, everything that was there trembled. A blessed timbre began to resonate.
>>
>>56573470
isn't it Kairyou, Dragonite's Japanese name?
>>
>>56573614
wut? This is so weird if true
>>
>>56573116
Schizo time:

Gyarados is a kind of divine punishment, in the dex it is described as a destroyer of places inhabited by evil people
>>
>>56573282
>>56573421
>>56573622

To the three, IA and EA gave the seed of life and told them to nurture it.

The three gathered in a circle and prayed, and the seed sprouted.

The sprout quickly grew, and became the giant tree of life.
However, the tree continued to grow, soon filling the entire world, and no one was able to move.

The three asked Father IA and Mother EA for help.

EA and IA joined once again, and had three children.
The god of the sky, RAYQUAZA; the god of the earth, GROUDON; and the god of the ocean, KYOGRE were born.

RAYQUAZA wrapped its body around the tree of life.
GROUDON and KYOGRE slammed their bodies into the tree of life.
Eventually, the tree fell and broke into three pieces.

REI, AI, and HAI prayed, saddened that the tree would rot away like this.
Then, the pieces of the broken tree would transform into the sky, earth, and ocean.

RAYQUAZA became the pillar that holds the sky.
The shadow that reached into the heavens became the three gods who sustain the sky: KAIRYU, KABIGON, and BANGIRAS.
The air filled the sky, and the stars sparkled.

GROUDON became the land that covers the earth.
The roar of the diving land became the three gods who sustain the earth: DAABU, SAAN, and GOODON.
The earth shook, and the mountains stirred.

KYOGRE became the veins of water that embraced the oceans.
The ripples that disappeared into the seas became the three gods who sustain the ocean: LATIAS, METAGROSS, and LATIOS.
The ocean was filled with water, and the waves whispered.

Thus the world was born.
>>
>>56573640
>lake trio and hoenn trio is just Dialga and Palkia fucking each other
also metagross being linked with the lati@s is nuts
>>
>>56573282
>>56573421
>>56573622
>>56573640

[3/3]
Forgot there was more.

IA and EA, and the various gods, were very pleased with this, and filled this world with their children.

That peaceful world was a paradise for the children of god.

The children of god would continue to multiply.

Through that, words would change little by little.

Over time, the gods began would call those who lived in the world by two names.

The children of god who resembled the great father, IA, would be called “Pokémon”. The children of god who resembled the great mother, EA, were called “humans”.

The absolute god AUS will soon awaken, and seeing the world filled with its descendants, will promise great abundance and prosperity.
>>
>>56573640
>>56573622
>>56573673
Where are you getting this corrected version? People were just reposting a machine translated one where the names were garbled together
>>
>>56573640
Use English names please, Kairyu = Dragonite, Kabigon = Snorlax and Bangiras = Tyranitar
>>
>>56573498
Unironically kill yourself.
>>
>>56573640
>>56573702
Actually, wait where did you get Kabigon/Snorlax from? The diagram says that the trio should be Dragonite, Gyarados and Tyranitar, not Dragonite, Snorlax and Tyranitar
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (74 KB, 900x900)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>56573470
>the god who sustains the heavens, called Caillou
You mean this guy?
>>
>>56573622
>HAI, the god of voice.
>When HAI shouted, everything that was there trembled. A blessed timbre began to resonate.
>It learns Uproar in the final game
KINOSOVLGEMERALD
>>
>>56573702
Kill yourself please.
>>
>>56573622
>IA and EA called their children REI, the god of eyes; AI, the god of heart; and HAI, the god of voice.
>When REI open its eyes, everything that was there appeared. There was now contour and color in the world.
>When AI wished for it, everything that was there could be felt. A sense of calm spread.
>When HAI shouted, everything that was there trembled. A blessed timbre began to resonate.
Holy shit. So that explains why Azlef (HAI) gets uproar while Mesprit (AI) gets lucky chant. I don't really see Uxie (REI) getting yawn from this though.
>>
>>56573640
>Palkia is female
Bros...
>>
>>56573831
She's pink
>>
File: Ea is coming arceus small.png (2.29 MB, 1485x1640)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB PNG
>>56573116
>>
>>56573640
>The shadow that reached into the heavens became the three gods who sustain the sky: KAIRYU, KABIGON, and BANGIRAS.
Wut? How are Snorlax and Tyranitar related to the sky?
>The ripples that disappeared into the seas became the three gods who sustain the ocean: LATIAS, METAGROSS, and LATIOS.
Makes no sense either especially Metagross
Oh wait unless they mean the regions
Sky = Kanto/Johto, oceans = Hoenn (kek) and land = Sinnoh?
>>
>>56573930
>Makes no sense either especially Metagross
Metagross line is Crabs.
>>
>>56573930
Also yeah it's weird how it completely fits with the diagram (down to even the three being near their respective Hoenn trio member) except for Gyarados being replaced by Snorlax. I guess they didn't know which one to add after Dragonite and Ttar and were considering both Gyarados and Snorlax
>>
>>56573907
Ea is Dialga
IA is Palkia
Aus is Arceus
>>
>>56573673
>The children of god who resembled the great father, IA, would be called “Pokémon”. The children of god who resembled the great mother, EA, were called “humans”.
Holy shit
That's why Dialga is quadruped while Palkia is biped
I fucking kneel
>>
i might be stupid
what is the triangle supposed to represent?
>>
>>56573930
Yeah thinking about it more it's definitely the regions
Kanto/Johto = regions ruled by legendary birds, so they represent the sky
Hoenn = region basically built on water and a set of islands, represents the ocean
Sinnoh = region built around a mountain and with underground structures and caves, represents the land/earth
It all makes sense
>>
>>56574085
The lake trio are Dialga and Palkia's oldest offspring (and apparently the actual creators of the world) so they "surround" them somewhat
>>
But yeah still no mention of Giratina, the shadow thing was refering to Dragonite Ttar and Snorlax/Gyarados
So the idea of Giratina being a late addition to the lore still stands
>>
>>56573550
Ultra Beasts
>>
>>56574141
>So the idea of Giratina being a late addition to the lore still stands
That's supported by the third circle being added around Arceus.
>>
File: GZvjeP3XYAQPyY8.jpg (337 KB, 1836x1102)
337 KB
337 KB JPG
>>56573116
>>
>>56574020
If you think about it, even Legends Arceus kinda confirms this. Adaman is a man follower of Dialga, Irida is a woman follower of Palkia.
>>
File: Skylax.jpg (11 KB, 256x256)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>56573930
holy shit skylax is canon
>>
So Dragonite was still considered legendary after being described as such in Pocket Monsters Encyclopedia, and this classification was also extended to Tyranitar, Gyarados (who WASN'T legendary in the Encyclopedia), and Metagross. That reminds me of those commercials for the TCG where Metagross was featured alongside the Regi trio.
>>
>>56573498
>It's so creepy that there is a concept behind these designs and that the team continued to play off of the concepts that are pretty literal and easy to figure out anyway
Get a brain, dude
>>
>>56573930
>Sky = Kanto/Johto, oceans = Hoenn (kek) and land = Sinnoh?
So in theory wouldnt Garchomp fit one of the blanks for land being from Sinnoh and a Pseudo seeing as each category has at least one pseudo legendary?
>>
Salamencebros are having a tough day
>>
>>56574270
I’m more concerned about the archanine fans.
>>
>>56574265
Considering there's a pseudo for each gen from 1 to 3 Garchomp is almost definitely part of it
Darkrai and Cresselia being the other two like the Lati twins makes sense too especially since Cresselia is a roamer and Darkrai was supposed to be one at some point to the point where roaming behavior for it was implemented into the games. Again, like the Lati twins who are also roamers
>>
>>56574270
now they know how flygonfags feel
>>
>>56573661
beldum is a metal lati
>>
File: file.png (18 KB, 629x615)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>
>>56574422
>Creates an evil force that they themselves are unable to defeat so becomes a woman and gets dicked down
Is he stupid?
>>
>>56574473
is a god not entitled to get down to some ho shit on the weekend
>>
>>56574422
This also seems to link to the Abyssal ruins story too. Deepest Lore
>>
>>56574422
Source?
>>
>>56573821
The only connection I can see is the act of opening/closing eyes. When Yawn puts you to sleep you close your eyes and lose the things that Uxie provided when it opened its eyes? It's a stretch but it's all I can think of.
>>
>>56574518
Holy shit imagine if the leaks help us decipher that
>>
>>56574541
pmmyth03
>>
>>56573930
>How are Snorlax and Tyranitar related to the sky?
The concept of a large being that exists to hold the sky up, presumably.
>>
>>56573673
Palkia is a woman and is humanities mother
What in the goddamn?
>>
no idea where people are getting the KABIGON/snorlax thing from when the image clearly says gyarados
>>
>>56573821
He was the first one to see
He has seen everything
Now he's bored
>>
File: file.png (124 KB, 587x1755)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
pmyth02. Giratinabros we won
>>
>>56574670
It's from another text file that was also part of the leak.
Clearly they were struggling to choose who to add for the Kanto/Johto side after Dragonite and Ttar and Gyarados and Snorlax were their two runner ups
It makes sense, they each have that kind of legendary feel to them in their own respective ways. Snorlax is a strong, stationary mon that you have to fight for plot reasons, Gyarados is a strong dragon-like mon that is connected to legends
>>
File: Reshiram and Zekrom.jpg (67 KB, 828x441)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>56573116
Where do these two fit in? What do they even represent?
>>
>>56574688
>giratina gets lore but its him literally dying and becoming the creation trio
Well i guess he really is a fucking ghost.
>>
>>56574688
This seems closer to the final version. Is it from Platinum?
>>
>>56574727
Gen 5 wasn't planned at all when this was made. You'd need to edit the diagram to include gens 5+ stuff
>>
File: 1627441286624.jpg (144 KB, 1456x1080)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>56573116
I guess I'm not enough of a schizo to know what any of this shit even means
>>
>>56574727
clearly repurposed from the gods of light/shadow when this plot thread was abandoned
>>
>>56574795
the diagram is so old that it doesn't even have giratina; the final version has a third circle near the main one to represent giratina
>>
File: file.jpg (552 KB, 853x863)
552 KB
552 KB JPG
Be nice to giratina's kids
>>
>>56574825
I thought the giant was giratina getting the voldemort treatment, but then they split him into the RSE legendaries
>>
>>56574909
Actually Dialga's and Palkia's according to >>56573640
And the lake trio are their older brothers
>>
>>56574937
Not according to >>56574688 's myth
>>
File: 1723617599310918.png (251 KB, 482x482)
251 KB
251 KB PNG
someone over at game freak was imagining THIS getting dicked down so many times she birthed humanity, and that is beautiful
>>
>>56574422
it's literally the book of enoch
>>
>>56574422
So, who is the giant? Eternatus or Giratina?
>>
>>56574612
holy based
>>
File: file.png (21 KB, 570x258)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>56574567
>can find the plates in the ruins
>this part of the story
We're really getting everything
>>
>>56575006
That's from gen 5
Eternatus isn't even a concept
>>
>>56575033
Huh. Makes you wonder if this is even worth thinking about then.
>>
>>56575033
Gen 5? Not 4?
>>
So the reason why they never released this is so they can do retcons without worrying too much about it.
>>
>>56573609
Initially, Giratina was outside of creation, in opposition to Arceus.
>>
Eternatus being one of the primordial giants Arceus slew after being born is kickass. Definitely elevates it in my eyes y’know, assuming it’s even true
>>
>>56574727
These aren't definitive truths about the Pokemon world, they are just in universe stories written by worshippers of Arseus who probably didn't even know the region of Unova existed.
>>
>>56575006
I thought it was Regigigas
>>
>>56575105
clearly wasn't a bad idea, considering they immediately retconned it when they added giratina to the middle
>>
i just care about the stock photos used in the event, are they part of the leak too?
>>
>>56575159
Nothing on the stock photos so far, might not be in the leaks.
>>
>>56574727
They're interlopers who got fucked up by fug
>>
>>56575105
Obviously.
Well, this is all just made up lore, so they could also go "ackshually that's a degraded and derivative version of the myth, the original had 3 circles near AUS" like how they did in Platinum/HGSS anyway.
>>
>>56575189
It's still cool to see the deeper concept progress regardless.
>>
>>56575137
Its also a hand. It makes sense
>>
>>56575143
It would have been cool if they at least tried to keep it consistent for internal purposes. Like what the fuck are Yveltal and Xerneas in all this, or Calyrex.
>>
>>56574688
This also explains the lake names for the lake trio
>Acuity to see Giratina's form as clear as possible
>Verity to understand Giratina's true thoughts
>Valor to stand up to Giratina's immense power
Fucking kino
>>
>>56575189
Don't forget that the whole world was rebooted into a parallel universe in ORAS anyways
Fuck if I know how that works
>>
File: file.png (7 KB, 518x105)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
Later drafts of the creation myth seem to reiterate that giants specifically are not pokemon. It could mean they're human, but perhaps they're just meant to be some other kind of primordial being. The myths state that the world is "Humans, Pokemon, and Nature"
>>
>>56575298
Ultra Beasts
>>
>>56575137
Eternatus is merely the hand of the giant
>>
>>56575203
I agree and I think that so far this could have easily been included in the games and then have changes justified like how they did, but I understand that they felt that it would have been too much for the kids playing.
I would actually read a materials book/concepts compilation of their ideas for old games, its a shame that they didn't capitalize on that for whatever reason. Maybe it wouldn't sell well because, again, the target audience for the game wouldn't like it much compared to fan that became adults.
>>
>>56575298
Do the... nevermind anon beat me to it.
>>
>>56573116
Cut content =/= Not canon
Simple as that, not even Soulsborne lore schizo take into consideration their cut content when making retarded speculations
>>
>>56575316
> not even Soulsborne lore schizo take into consideration their cut content when making retarded speculations
yes they do retard
>>
>>56575316
Yes they absolutely do.
>>
>>56575078
I rounded up
>>
>>56575298
Ultra beasts?
>>
>>56575308
Ultra Beasts aren't giants tho
>>
>>56575316
>cut content =/= not canon
so, cut content = canon?
>>
>>56575348
They're all extremely powerful with rule-defying abilities in-lore and need entirely retooled pokeballs to catch them.
Seems to fit if giant is a metaphor.
>>
>>56575316
>Cut content
Is it? All this shit is referenced in the game in one way or another.
>>
>>56575311
Same, though I would get why they don't. They took a lot of this stuff forward into PLA and other games. I guess the family friendly image of pokemon needs to be upheld too, and the bestiality stories don't comply with that.
>>
>>56575316
So we're just going to play dumb and pretend we don't know what they meant by something when we quite literally do?
>>
>>56575348
in the weird xurkitree world you can see more of its species, and some of them are fucking massive despite the perspective
>>
>>56575298
Nothing stopping the revived giants, specifically done with Aus' blood, to not be Pokémon, though. Given they were brought back to life through a Pokémon's life essence, that seems enough to classify the revived beings as Pokémon themselves.
>>
>>56575358
Cut content != bool(canon*-1)
>>
>>56575308
>Ultra Beasts aren’t Pokémon from another dimension
>the Giants aren’t Pokémon
>Ultra Beasts are from the universe where the Giant(s) became the shaper of creation instead of Arceus
Bros?
>>
>>56575375
He's been posting that shit opinion in every single leak thread. Ignore him.
>>
>>56573116
Interesting the gen 1 and 2 Psuedo's are considered Gods, but not Salinence. There's even room for him but they put Gyarados lol
>>
>>56574727
Real lore ends with gen 4, after that is all bullshit and anime powerscale
>>
File: xurkitree-pokemon.gif (1.3 MB, 498x298)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB GIF
>>56575383
>>56575348
>>
>>56573116
>Gyarados that high in the echelon

Damn, who knew?
>>
>>56575273
I always thought that the names for each lake just seemed random, but it's cool to see there was an actual lore explanation behind them.
>>
>>56573960
spider if you go by the edgy concept art
>>
>>56575423
Everyone
>>
>>56575412
That's because they divided the sections per region, it seems. Kanto and Johto are together but Hoenn and Sinnoh each have their own section
There was no place for Salamence on Hoenn's section.
>>
>>56575388
The creations from the giant's bodies are pokemon, yeah, dialga and palkia (and the lake trio depending on which draft of the myth you are reading).
>>
>>56575401
Some of the Ultra locations do fit that primordial feeling, though who knows how much of that was tied to giant lore, or because they wanted aliens to be freaky.
>>
>>56574727
Some legendaries are just really strong pokemon, like how some later demigods are not really associated with creation or anything, they are just strong because their daddies are important.
>>
>>56575308
>ultra space is outside of the egg of creation
Fucked up if true
>>
>>56574727
The original 4 regions were based on different parts of Japan, so it made some sort of sense that there would have been some overarching lore that connects all the legendaries together. When they started making regions based on foreign regions with gen 5, they likely through this old lore out the window since it's impossible account for newer legendaries.
>>
File: 1678490513627515.gif (486 KB, 640x480)
486 KB
486 KB GIF
nah
i aint buying this shit.
my headcanon makes more sense.
wtf is gyarados/metagross/dragonite and the like doing in there? this looks more like a rough draft or a rough draft.
>>
>>56574727
Maybe the original Kyruem was one of the Giants that Arceus had to fight.
>>
File: ultra.jpg (17 KB, 690x249)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>56575494
>>
>>56575510
>wtf are psuedos doing
>in the chart that shows them as a lower order legendary
ring ring, ring ring
>>
>>56575308
I do have big doubts about ultra beasts being the giants. They wrote these drafts back in 2005, and unless they had foresight (or they were filling in the blanks when they created ultra beasts for gen 7), I doubt it was intentional. I think the giants are probably just meant to be primordial beings, similar to the titans from greek mythology.
>>
>>56575510
Read >>56573640
They're there as "guardians" of their region, they're not actually linked to creation
>>
>>56575510
Yeah, no shit. This was found in some dusty old files that have probably not been open in more than 10 years.
>>
>>56575388

>just by interacting with pokemon you become pokemon
That explains the UB's and Deoxys
>>
>>56574727
ayy lmaos
>>
>>56575536
>(or they were filling in the blanks when they created ultra beasts for gen 7)
...duh? that's obviously what this is.
>>
>>56575510
Most of it is almost certainly no longer canon. These files haven't been touched since 2005. A lot of it doesn't even mention Giratina at all, which directly contradicts what we know to be canon now.
>>
>>56575316
This isn't cut content, it is all just secret internal documentation the devs used but didn't release to the public.
>>
>>56575454
>Kanto and Johto are together
Kanto and Johto are the Palkia and Dialga of regions
>>
>>56573871
And looks like a literal erect penis, complete with testicles.

Do not question the Gods.
>>
>>56575376
Yeah, if it wasn't for the leak those stories were never going to see the light of the day again.
No doubt about it.
>>
>>56574727
They're part of the Orre-Unova region lore
>>
>>56575577
>A lot of it doesn't even mention Giratina at all, which directly contradicts what we know to be canon now.
There's a second draft that does >>56574688
>>
>>56575460
I know. I wasn't trying to disparage your post, just saying that for practical purposes (i.e. understanding how all this lore evolved and got presented to us) the distinction between giants and Pokémon isn't super relevant anymore.
Sure, it could maybe help pinpoint which mons were revived from giants and the similarities between them, but what the giants used to be doesn't much matter currently unless they actually decide to explore all this lore in a dedicated future game.

Much like the legendary dogs/beasts; it'd be cool to know what they were before Ho-oh but, in practical terms, that doesn't matter anymore until if/when they decide to specifically explore it.

>>56575567
I wouldn't say *just* interacting makes you a Pokémon, since Aus is pretty far removed from a typical Pokémon, but it wouldn't be too far from the truth. Bill combining with a Clefairy, Lusamine becoming a jellyfish, a time where even the distinction between humans and Pokémon was unclear, etc.
>>
>>56575615
>I wouldn't say *just* interacting makes you a Pokémon, since Aus is pretty far removed from a typical Pokémon, but it wouldn't be too far from the truth. Bill combining with a Clefairy, Lusamine becoming a jellyfish, a time where even the distinction between humans and Pokémon was unclear, etc.
Clearly there's something about the pokemon "essence" that makes things pokemon to tie into ScVi you've got stuff from the ancient creatures and futuristic machines the able to be pokemon, plus if we wanna reach back into the gen 1 bible of pokemon are replacing normal animals there's something infectious about the pokemon characteristic
>>
>>56575674
clearly it's just some ancestral form of pokerus
>>
>>56575614
Yeah, but pmyths1 and 3-7 (which encompass quite a lot of text) make 0 mention of Giratina, which means we can probably pretty much write them off as being canon to lore nowadays
>>
>>56575615
>it'd be cool to know what they were before Ho-oh
Eevees dog they're eevees
>>
>>56575615
>>56575674
Can the narrative going forward be themed around dichotomous ideals of either becoming pokemon or subduing the spreading pokemon menace?
>>
>>56573116
So what is it that makes Suicune, Regice and Zapdos different from the rest of their trios/connected to Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf? Suicune got its own game but it didn't even get the remake treatment with gen 4
>>
>>56575615
For sure it doesn't matter now cause we'll never see this lore again, but it is interesting that they made it very clear that "Giants" are not pokemon
>>
>inb4 giants are players
>>
>>56575699
That's what we figure is the most logical answer, yes, but it could be something else entirely. This lore dump proves some people at GF are a couple degrees removed from normal so who knows what went through their minds back then? Or even what they decide to do in the future if they address it? We can't assume to know until we get some more stuff straight from the source, just our closest approximation.
>>
>>56575690
>pokerus
Pokerus is distinctly not a pokemon first stated to be a virus but then microscopic life and some how causes them to grow better, pokemon join with humans for the purpose of becoming stronger, there must be come kind of connection here
>>
>>56575308
>Ultra beasts are giants and thus not pokemon
>Can be caught by easily developed human made pokeballs
Anything caught by pokeballs is a pokemon, period
>>
>>56575725
If the type plates were made from the giants maybe they were just giant elementals representing the types
>>
>>56575701
>Can the narrative going forward be themed around dichotomous ideals of either becoming pokemon or subduing the spreading pokemon menace?
How is it that Humans are able to not be pokemon despite past accounts likening Humanity to being one with Pokemon, was Humanity slaying Giratina gave us some kind of divintiy to ascend beyond pokemon?
>>
The connection and unity between human and pokemon is a big theme of the series, cool to see it expanded even further
>>
>>56575767
>need entirely retooled pokeballs to catch them.
>>
>>56575767
>Anything caught by pokeballs is a pokemon, period
Being a pokemon is like an infection >>56575567
>>
>>56575767
>easily developed balls
except everything but beast balls and master balls has 0.1x penalty. this means you have to design special balls just to catch these fuckers efficiently
master ball is just built differently
>>
>>56575784
No, they can be caught with master balls and ultra balls if I recall correctly, the ultra ball is just the most effective tool.
>>
File: XMIimV9.jpg (758 KB, 2327x2980)
758 KB
758 KB JPG
>>56575777
Digits of revelation.
>>
>>56575804
*beast ball
Fuck me
>>
>>56575725
Well of course. Pokemon shrink. A giant is the opposite
>>
>>56575776
That's kinda what I'm hoping. Would be cool and concise
>>
Giratina is Dragon/Ghost because it is the vengeful spirit of the black giant
>>
Wasnt there some old interview where they said during the development of gen 4, tajiri or masuda or whoever would make everyone sit under their desk in complete darkness and read them pokemon creation myth? I wonder if this was the script for that
>>
>>56575316
They literally do
>>
who is gordon?
>>
>>56575777
According to the drafts, humans either spilled out of the primordial egg as already not-Pokémon, or were created in the image of EA (Palkia), instead of the Pokémon, who were made in the image of IA (Dialga). So the reason could be said to be divine, but it's more much an inherent thing than something conquered through humans' own power.
>>
>>56575797
>master ball is just built differently
that fucking thing must be magic, probably has mewtwo dna in it or some shit
>>
>>56575855
>company mandated lore storytime
Give me that fucking sauce right now
>>
>>56575797
>differently
Sure it's a 0.1× but it is still possible, the same can't be said for humans because no matter how many balls you throw at one they won't be caught.
>>
>>56575868
We don't know, and we don't really have a way to ever know, unfortunately.
>>
>>56575878
Schizo theory: master balls are made from Arceus' egg
>>
>>56575412
It's an early draft of the lore so I'd take it with a massive grain of salt. They obviously tried to group the Kanto/Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon separately and retroactively fill in the gaps to fit the new version of the lore they were creating. The fact that things didn't quite fit like this (e.g. Metagross being a "sea" pseudo, Tyranitar being a "sky" pseudo) is probably why the scrapped it.
>>
>>56575804
>>56575827
>ULTRA Ball
>inefficient at catching ULTRA Beasts
Fucking GF.
>>
>>56575777
>777
>Humanity Ascending
>>
>"When the universe was created, its shards became this Plate."
So pokemon and the universe were created from the corpses of the giants?
>>
>>56575868
Man who raped the Joker
>>
>>56575898
So master balls use the same material as the plates?
>>
>>56575918
To be fair, it's not called an ultra ball in Japanese, it's called a hyper ball.
>>
>>56575868
We don't know but i'd say Garchomp is the most likely.
>>
>>56575933
Dialga and Palkia came from the corpses of the giants after Arceus defeated them. Everything else came from Dialga and Palkia, and the stuff they made made more stuff, which made more stuff, till there was a world. It differs slightly between drafts but that's the gist of it.
>>
theory: smiley and birthlee are manaphy and phione
>>
>>56575971
The quote is from the plates.
>>
>>56575979
Could be, but what about Shaymin then?
>>
>>56575874
>humans either spilled out of the primordial egg as already not-Pokémon, or were created in the image of EA (Palkia), instead of the Pokémon, who were made in the image of IA (Dialga).
I'm wondering how that makes sense that something made from a pokemon was not a pokemon given then spreading nature of pokemon.
>There once were Pokémon that became very close to humans.
>There once were humans and Pokémon that ate together at the same table.
>It was a time when there existed no differences to distinguish the two.
not to trot these over analyzed lines out but in that case it does talk about no differences so clearly something had changed
>>
>>56575993
Divine birth, new soul, un-tethered to the trinity.
>>
>>56575996
>>It was a time when there existed no differences to distinguish the two.
Hey guys do you think a pokeball could catch a caveman?
>>
Dialga and Palkia are called “Ia” and “Ea” respectively in the documents, does “Ia” mean anything or do these names just come from dIAmond and pEArl? “Ea” is also from a Sumerian creation myth but I don’t know what “Ia” could be
>>
>>56575944
I know, just making a funny. The whole talk of lore just makes the discussion of nitpicky details interesting.

Next we'll find out the Beast Balls are made from something related to the primordial egg, since it's the only thing that connects the giants to the Pokémon. So it forces these "Pokémon" to be contained through the same inherent property the actual Pokémon have of shrinking and turning into energy.
>>
>>56576021
I think it's just from diamond and pearl, like development codenames
>>
File: file.png (1.15 MB, 600x900)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>56575933
>So pokemon and the universe were created from the corpses of the giants?
Oh hey that reminds me of Unsounded
>>
>>56575401
Ultra Beasts are Pokemon, play to this game
>>
>>56576054
>plae to this game sir
>>
>>56576054
>Ultra Beasts are Pokemon, play to this game
Yes and so is Deoxys
"An alien virus that fell to earth on a meteorite underwent a DNA mutation to become this Pokémon."
The question isn't are they pokemon now but were they always pokemon and if not why are they pokemon now
>>
>>56575996
I feel like that is much more metaphorical, something like humans belonging to the natural world, just like Pokémon, so there'd be no distinction between a "Human" life and "Pokémon" life, just different beings coexisting harmonically in Nature. Maybe that differentiation came later, as the two types of sentient beings diverged in the past (given that divergence theory is now canon to Pokémon).
>>
File: At3a1.jpg (38 KB, 256x384)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>56575893
>the same can't be said for humans because no matter how many balls you throw at one they won't be caught.
>>
>>56576039
I was just curious, because the text is essentially a creation myth of the pokemon world, and Ea is a god within the Babylonian creation myth Enuma Elish (Gil is the strongest servant, btw) which kinda relates
>>
>>56576111
That's a movie
>>
>>56576111
>literal slopvie
>>
>>56575993
>>56575979
Smiley is Shaymin. Birthlee is Manaphy.
Simplest explanation is best.
>>
>>56576120
It could be a bit of half and half. This leak gave us a lot, but I don't think we'll get an answer to that.
>>
>>56576120
>Goku's victim out of NOWHERE
>>
File: 1602952306604.png (880 KB, 550x712)
880 KB
880 KB PNG
>>56574688
>>
>>56576111
Something so impossible they had to do it in a movie which means it's novel and interesting
>>
>>56576143
This. I don't see how Shaymin the gratitude pokemon could not be Smiley
Phione may have been a late addition into the game that they made only so that people who got a Manaphy could send it as a consolation prize to their friends
>>
>>56576109
But what caused the divergence
>>
>>56576054
Yeah, about that...consult the Japanese Pokedex
>>
>>56575721
I don't think they're special it's their whole circle connecting
>>
File: 1jhmb.jpg (86 KB, 720x540)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>56573116
So where does Arcanine fit in all this?
>>
>>56576111
It's a film, fiction. It exists in the real world, you should know about it.

Literally, Ultra Beasts are in the Pokédex (the enclyclopedia that lists Pokemon), they can be captured in balls, they have a type, moves, abilities and so on. So they're Pokemon.
>>
>>56576204
wiki.ポケモン.com/wiki/ウツロイド
>>
>>56576195
Maybe the fact they resembled EA had something to do with it?
>>
>>56576222
On the cuck chair
>>
>>56576171
I'm not sure that so impossible since fucking Bill turns into a pokemon
And I'm certain that Cleffbill can be caught
>>
Just more proof that imagination theory is real!
>>
>>56576195
Could be a number of things. Maybe it was Aus' divine decree; maybe the way each develop its relationship with the natural world caused one to be more intrinsically connected to Nature than the other; maybe it's as simple as a (or a series of) biological mutations throughout history. There's no way to know for sure.
>>
>>56576243
Cleffbill is not human though he is a mix
>>
>>56576054
None of the Japanese pokedex entries explicitly call them pokemon, actually. They're always refered to as UBs there.
>>
>>56576222
Who?
>>
>>56576252
So's Typhlosion.
>>
>>56576239
>>56576280
The legendary chink pokemon...
>>
>>56576222
The anime had a bunch of made up stuff in the early seasons, there's even a random green pidgey in that same episode. It's most likely a reference to how its Pokedex entry calls it a legendary Pokemon, and the anime writers took that literally.
>>
>>56576281
what do you mean
>>
They could have had Salamence instead of Metagross and made Hoenn sky and Kanto/Johto ocean. Dratinis are found by fishing so Dragonite is connected to water, and Tyranitar is based on kaijus like Godzilla who typically come from water
>>
>>56576351
Search around on the board, the answer's out there. I don't want to muddy this thread's discussion with that other stuff.
>>
>>56576363
>and made Hoenn sky and Kanto/Johto ocean
why the fuck would Hoenn NOT be ocean come on dog
>>
>>56576275
Who cares, it's not even a counter-argument. UB doesn't mean “isn't Pokemon.”
The Japanese wiki describes UBs as Pokemon. And the content of the games is sufficient to reach this conclusion.

Just being listed in the Pokedex means you're a Pokemon. You don't know what a Pokedex is? You know, the encyclopedia that records all Pokemon data. Are you sure you don't know what that means?

It's typical of schyzo to dispute a translation, as soon as it doesn't fit their misconception. Give up your wishful thinking.
>>
>>56575893
I always assumes non-Ultra Balls working was just a gameplay thing so you could put them in other balls (or don't waste a master ball on it). In story, they act like Pokeballs just outright don't work on them.
>>
>>56573116
It's weird that Gyarados is included in this chart, considering every other Pokemon here has a BST of 600 or more (including the gen 4 legendaries/pseudo that presumably filled in the remaining gaps). In fact the only gen 1-3 Pokemon with a BST of 600 or more that aren't included here are Mewtwo (a man-made Pokemon), Salamence (arguably a better fit as a sky legendary than Gyarados) and Slaking (only has a high BST to balance it's ability).
>>
>>56576379
>having sex with a pokemon can turn a human into a pokemon
huh well how about that
>>
>>56576404
Were UBs always pokemon or only after interacting with Pokemon?
>>
>>56576416
Gyarados has a legendary feel to it though, but yes they struggled for that spot as proved by the texts posted ITT where Snorlax takes its place.
However the 600 BST rule wasn't a thing in gen 1. In gen 1 there was a single special stats so BST was calculated differently. So maybe they originally had Gyarados (and/or Snorlax) being a pseudo on par with Dragonite in mind
>>
>>56576404
I'm not gonna disagree that UBs are Pokémon, but simply being in the Pokémon Index isn't really an argument, either. The Pokédex is created and developed by people, the high authorities in Pokémon study but still people, and they can be fallible. Hell, the first Pokédex is written by some not!Indian dude with the help of a time displaced tween who captures God. Just because the info is there, doesn't mean it's absolute truth.
>>
>>56576222
Arcanine was expunged from the churches records after the bite of 87, it is heresy to speak of him
>>
>>56576455
They always have been. When you go to their worlds, they weren't in ours.

If Necrozma and the Cosmog family are related to the Ultra Beasts, without actually being one, it's just because they're the only ones who open portals and can be found naturally in all dimensions.
Where Celesteela isn't supposed to leave her world naturally on her own. He's as stuck in his world as Tyranitar is in ours.
>>
>>56576406
They just did not try hard enough, specially since the only one to actually catch them is the player
>>
>>56576538
>They always have been. When you go to their worlds, they weren't in ours.
Us going to their world contaminates them
>>
>>56576560
>Headcanon
>>
>>56576416
Lore wise, Gyarados do seem pretty important. They're supposed to be rare, but they appear in masse and raze everything to the ground when war breaks out.
>>
>>56576560
Or maybe people in Pokemon are just morons and categorizing them as Pokemon because they look close enough. Wouldn't be the first time that experts in a field misidentified an animal.
>>
>>56574422
>Arceus is female
>And she copulates with human males
Holy fucking based we won so hard
>>
>>56576213
So the pseudo-legendaries/latis being close to different weather legends doesn't mean anything either?
>>
>>56576591
Also the lake of rage and the Red gyarados having a special encounter in gen 2.
>>
File: 1642517449712.gif (159 KB, 423x211)
159 KB
159 KB GIF
>>56575533
>>
>>56576591
Yup, they are like Bohrok. Cute and dormant but when activated they are cleaners.
>>
>>56576620
Yes it does, see >>56573640
>>
I'm kinda tempted to replay the games as Arceus intended, by only using mons that are part of this
>>
>>56576621
Lake of Rage was created when a bunch of Gyarados went on a rampage and the resulting crater was filled with rainwater. It's never revealed what conflict stirred them up, but it is interesting to point out that ninja used to live in Mahogany Town.
>>
>>56576467
This lore seems to have been specifically created during the development of gen 4, so I don't think they were even thinking about Gyarados or Snorlax being legendary at all until then. It seems like a desperate attempt to try and fit older Pokemon into the new lore they were creating. Even looking at gen 1 stats, Cloyster is actually tied with Gyarados for having the highest BST of any non legendary/pseudo. Then when gen added Special Defence stat, Arcanine ended up having a higher BST than Gyarados.
>>
All legendaries are presumed to be female unless stated otherwise.
>>
Gyarados being vaguely based on a chinese dragon (complete with flying) surely has something to do with it's planned importance. It's a creature of rage the stuff of legends and it's a flying "dragon". Sounds like creation myth material to me.
>>
>>56576812
It also looks like Rayquaza. On that front it makes more sense for it to be born from Rayquaza than fucking Snorlax kek
>>
Is there anything about the abissal ruins leaked yet? Like maybe a chiper for the characters we can't still decipher
>>
>>56576608
It's true that you're smarter than the characters, or even the people at GF who decide to classify them that way !
>>
>>56576701
Holy pokemon run sounds fun
>>
>>56576567
>Headcanon
so this thread lol
>>
>>56576591
A lot of Pokemon have folk tales surrounding them. A Pokemon like Kingdra would arguably be a better fit, considering Dragon types were considered sacred in earlier Pokemon games and it also has a 3 stage evolution line.
>>
>>56576849
Don't think there's been anything found yet, although I wouldn't expect it to be related to any of the stuff here considering they seem to have reset the lore with gen 5 and added new legendaries that don't fit the framework in the OP's pic.
>>
>>56576908
To be fair, Gyarados is a dragon type in everything but actual typing, like Charizard
>>
>>56576908
You know who's a famous Dragon trainer?
Lance
You know who rolls with a Gyarados?
Lance
>>
>>56576991
and you know what not all dragons are dragon type
>>
>>56576962
personally most of this stuff is still used as a lore backdrop by GF. The sigil is probably just nice looking and still used to this day for such reason, even tho it's nice to know what it meant to represent. Abyssal Ruins seems to be connected to the giants lore, so maybe we can confirm whether this concept birthed in early drafts of gen 4 has been carried over.
>>
>>56576991
It'd make more sense if Aerodactyl was there instead of Tyranitar then
>>
>>56576991
You mean Lance, the Flying type specialist?
>>
>>56577055
No, Ttar is an actual pseudolegend
>>
>>56576764
It was also revealed in PLA it was Kamado and Beni are from lake of rage
>>
>>56576974
But the point is that it isn't a dragon type, because Game Freak wanted to reserve that typing for special Pokemon only. They could have easily made Gyarados, Charizard and Aerodactyl dragon types, but they didn't. Or at least that was the idea in gen 1/2, they seemed to loosen that idea with gen 3 and completely scrapped it by the time they reached gen 6 and added fairy types to nerf them and turn them into just another type for balance purposes.
>>
>>56576855
Why is it that you retarded gen Z+ fags literally cannot comprehend of misdirection, half-truths or the text of a work deliberately lying to you?
>>
>>56573699
Source is DP\DP仕様\pmyth\pmyth01. The other version posted yesterday is also correct. There are over ten variations of this story, some being completely different from this.
>>
>>56577089
Gyarados being water/dragon in gen 1 would mean it has no weaknesses, since the only dragon move was dragon rage. They probably didn't make it a dragon type for balance reasons
>>
>get your ass kicked by a baby alpaca that started existing moments before
>become undead zombie dragon
>get ass kicked by two dogs some billions of years later
>>
>>56577085
Doesn't really tie in with the "sky gods" thing though. Yeah, it's big but not really big enough to hold up the sky like fucking Atlas
>>
>>56573640
So groudon and kyogre had sex lol
>>
>>56577117
Also Gyarados is actually professor Oak's ace in his unused fight in gen 1, even higher level than his starter.
>>
>>56577008
Cope harder Charizardfag.
>>
>>56577055
Tyranitar actually terraforms the landscape, as far as we know Aerodactyl was just high on the food chain.
>>
Now that the upload links are dead, where can we latecomers get the files from?
>>
>>56577110
I'll translate your message:
>I don't like reality
>Then I invent the opposite
>I accuse the game of lying because I feel like it.
>I don't care about logic or official statements
>Live my headcanon
>>
>>56577208
>Cope harder Charizardfag.
Lance litterallt said what I said I was referencing Lance
>>
Can somebody reorganize all these loredrops? It's hard to understand when the names are all shit like "al" "ea" or whatever
>>
File: pokabbalah.png (2.3 MB, 2388x1417)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB PNG
>>56577257
You need the schizo chart
>>
>>56577257
Aus -> Arceus
Ia -> Palkia
Ea -> Dialga
Rei/Ry -> Uxie
Ai/Ay -> Mesprit
Hai/Hy -> Azelf

(Though it seems like Dialga and Palkia swapped names at one point)
>>
>>56577316
This needs the snorlax mention on it too
>>
>>56573116
How the fuck does Tyranitar maintain the skies?
>>
>>56577361
and the added Giratina circle from the actual Sinjoh event that edited it.
>>
>>56577413
The "sky, ocean and earth" mentioned in that myth are simply Kanto+Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh
Not the literal sky, ocean and earth.
>>
File: IMG_1328.jpg (588 KB, 750x1057)
588 KB
588 KB JPG
>>56573116
>>We literally just got the answer to the diagram from the HGSS Arceus event everyone has been speculating about for over a decade and nobody cares
I cared...
>>
>>56573640
Ho-Oh, Lugia and Regigigas would have made more sense as the gods who sustain the sky, sea and land rather than the pseudo legendaries.
>>
>>56576764
Worth pointing out that ninjas invented Toxic around the same time as the Azalea drought?
>>
>>56576404
>bad localizations are canon because I say so
get real
>>
>>56573116
>every single Pokemon type is represented here except Poison, Bug and Fighting (and Fairy)
So where did these types originate from?
>>
>>56577744
The Mega Universe is a different universe, so Fairies exist there but this is from gen 4 which is a fairy type-less universe so fairies aren't represented
Poison and bug types are just jobbers.
>>
File: 0143Snorlax-Gigantamax.jpg (802 KB, 3535x3535)
802 KB
802 KB JPG
>>56573640
Snorlax rules the surface and hills.
Tyranitar rules the mountains and underground.
Dragonite rules the lower sky.
Rayquaza rules over the upper sky, above them all.
>>
>>56577744
Arceus reps every type, anon.
>>
>>56577491
>Johto is still joined at the hip to Kanto
>>
>>56573573
No because Ymir isn't part of Odin, the giant is an emanation of the divine.
>>
>>56577945
Well, that's how it is. Literally, even.
>>
File: types.png (496 KB, 1200x630)
496 KB
496 KB PNG
>>56577744
>So where did these types originate from?
Ultra beasts, look into your heart you know it to be true check their types
>>
>>56573640
What does Metagross have to do with the ocean? Latias and Latios are also a bit odd. None of these are water type?
>>
>>56573661
Makes palkia/dialgas reaction to Cyrus torturing the lake trio make sense, hes hurting their kids then uses them as a way to blackmail them to remake reality.
>>
>>56578020
Ocean is Hoenn not the actual ocean
>>
>>56573907
>be not afraid
>>
>>56573640
>DAABU, SAAN, and GOODON
Do we have the gen 4 beta/concept mons? I feel like we should be able to see these names turning into Darkrai, Cresselia, and Heatran. Maybe Garchomp as one of them. Cresselia is actually down at 580 BST.
>>
>>56577256
>taking dragon advice from a flying type guy
I wouldn't classify dragon on the words of the likes of Falkner, but you do you.
>>
>>56578217
Cresselia was 600 bst when this was made though.
And yeah, I’m pretty sure Garchomp is part of it considering every other gen has a pseudo as part of it. The only way Heatran could fit is if the theory saying it was originally supposed to be a pseudo is true
>>
>>56573622
>Although IA and EA were different in appearance, they loved one another, were joined, and had many children. However, there still existed no world, and their frail children, who had nowhere to go, died one after the other. Though overcome with great sadness, IA and EA thought of creating a world where all could live healthy and prosperous lives.

So this is straight up just the Pokemon version of Izanagi and Izanami, right?
>>
>>56575696
they cant be written off, because at some point this is was the lore the games of that time were designed with. Yes giratina is later retconned into being a member of the creation trio, but that doesn't mean Diamond and Pearl were suddenly designed with the retcon in mind
>>
>>56577649
Go ahead and ignore 99% of the message that doesn't even deal with translation, just because you know your headcanon is wrong.
>>
>>56575298
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bittercold
>>
>>56578426
>the giants from Norse mythology were ice giants
>>
>>56578485
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dark_Matter
Or maybe Pokemon is just Kirby in disguise
>>
>>56573116
okay so we're looking at this as gen 1-4 right? with what we got now what other pokemon would fit into this mold now? besides the other shitty legendaries if we were to make a mini triangle to fit my only guess would be Xerneas, Yveltal, And Zygard; Life,Death and Order but what would complete the triangle if it's just them, theres one missing
>>
>>56578540
>Xerneas, Yveltal, And Zygard
Those are from way, way later and clearly were not even on the drawing board yet.
>>
No one got cucked harder here than Mew. From the ancestor to all Pokemon to just a random circle on the outside of creation. Also, why are Pseudolegends closer in the diagram than legends like Mew, Celebi, etc.? What does the overall symbolism of the shapes and their placement mean?
>>
>>56573282
>>56573116
>>56573513
How much of this is canon, has been retconned, or is just in-universe mythology?
I feel like the stuff about the pseudo legendaries has to be in-universe mythology.
>>
>>56578512
Giratina does look like the final boss of some kirby game
>>
>>56578577
Yeah, im just attempting to see how we could fit in some of the legendaries, the life trio (Aura Trio) is just an attempt, they seem like they'd fit somehow
>>
>>56578540
Unova would have Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem as their main triangle and Keldeo and the swords of justice as its legendary trio, I’d say. Mythicals would be Victini and Meloetta, Genesect doesn’t make it due to being man-made like Mewtwo. Pseudolegends I’d say Hydreigon is a given, but then there’s the genies, maybe they would take all three slots idk. Also Volcarona wouldn’t be out of place either
>>
How does this tie into alchemy?
>>
>>56578744
It's Kabbalism, not alchemy.
>>
>>56578794
But lockstin, anon.
>>
>>56578321
There's some likely influences in it.
The thing about Time and Space could be derived from Chronos and Rea, but they look to have better manners than the Greek family-line.
>>
>>56578540
At the very least, the legendary boxart should be included every time:
Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, Zacian, Zamazenta, Eternatus, Calyrex, Koraidon, Miraidon and Terapagos.

It seems inconceivable to me that Game Freak would make an update without adding these Pokemon, even if it means removing more minor ones.
>>
>>56574718
Snorlax resembles Pangu by coincidence so they decided to tap into that element and use Snorlax.
>>
>>56573930
kyogre isnt water, look at all the pokemon on that section. they share the psychic typing.

>>56574184
Groudon with Deoxys and Jirachi make perfect sense, both are heavily associated with stones and crystals as it is.

Rayquaza's mythicals are likely Darkrai and Shaymin, Darkrai and Cressellia are both representations of night, Shaymin has more associations with sunlight and is a mythical unlike Cressellia.
>>
>>56578540
I think its best to approach the Sinnoh creation story as its own self contained arc. Its the origin story of the entire world but that doesn't preclude the other regions lore arcs its just timeline wise the first to occur the others all happen after.

>>56578664
if i had to guess id say considering a lot of the canalave library content is the same in platinum as it is in diamond and pearl that both the myths are true in there own way palkia and dialga are the mother and father of pokemon and created by arceus from its egg and humanity but they did have to battle and seal off giratina at some point later and this resulted in the final spit of humans from Pokemon
>>
Man I can't say I ever gave it much thought, but I can't believe that pattern actually meant something and wasn't just some random and meaningless magic circle pattern that they found on Google images
>>
>>56578908
>Solgsleo, Lunala
>Pokemon
arn't they considered ultrabeasts?

>>56578977
Thats fair, my thoughts on the chart is how Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf are orientated, Birthly and Smilay could be something of a combination of Uxie and Azelf and Misprit and Uxie make up Mew and Celebi, perhaps the feelings combined with these pokemon have something to do with it?
>>
>>56578540
Please remember that these are only Japanese Pokemon myths al lthe other shit takes place outside of PokeJapan
>>
>>56578908
>It seems inconceivable to me that Game Freak would make an update without adding these Pokemon, even if it means removing more minor ones.
Or they'd have their own myths
>>
>>56578540
The nu-pokemon lore is based on alchemic systems.
>>
>>56574718
The games even showed that the different regions were interconnected with each other in some way (Kanto/Johto and Hoenn being connected via the Dotted Hole, Kanto/Johto and Sinnoh being connected via the Sinjoh Ruins, Hoenn and Sinnoh being connected via the Regis). So I'm not sure why the felt the need to specifically select 3 Kanto/Johto psuedos here. They could have just picked Salamence, or even chosen Metagross as the third "Kanto/Johto" psuedo given that you can't actually catch Beldum in the wild in Hoenn.
>>
>>56579281
>Kanto/Johto and Hoenn being connected via the Dotted Hole
How are they connected?
>>
>>56579171
there nothing saying the lore of the more recent games supersedes the gen 4 lore. Its just things that happened after the creation of the world, the gen 4 lore is the explanation of how the whole world was created. each regions lore like the birds, the beasts and weather trio, the tao trio and swords of justice, the xy trio and the ultrabeasts/necronomza ext is still its own self contained narrative that takes place after the creation story.
>>
>>56579171
nu-pokemon is based on fucking anything, SV was UV lights and infrared
>>
>>56579502
I assume he means the braille puzzle.
>>
>>56579502
The peoples that used the Regis before sealing them out of fear were seafarers from there.
>>
>>56579502
It has braille inscriptions, which is only seen in relation to the Regis (which reside in Hoenn). Plus it houses the Sapphire which (along with the Ruby) has a connection to the Hoenn region. The manga expands on the gemstones' relationship with the Hoenn region, but that is technically a separate canon to the games.
>>
>>56579601
That also tied back to alchemy.
>>
how the fuck are we still having the UB debate when SM already told us what they are?
>>
see you guys next lore thread if anything else gets found

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.