[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Ash This Guy.jpg (34 KB, 680x510)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
Why are people thinking these leaks support pokefucking or something? None of it does. You're all freaking out and pearl-clutching over nothing.

None of these stories are "canon" in the sense that this is happening in the pokemon world. These are myths. The stories are very obviously written as myths.

So yes, the stories are canon, 100%, at least internally. But they are canon in the same way that Zeus and the Olympians are canon. The stories are real, but they do not exist. The sinnoh stories are real within the universe of pokemon, but are treated as myths. It's extremely obvious based on how they are written that the stories are meant to parallel folklore.

Nothing about these myths support pokefucking any more than japanese yokai folklore stories support shapeshifting badgers fucking women. They're just mythos. Relax.
>>
File: 172918182828.png (566 KB, 669x665)
566 KB
566 KB PNG
>>56592486
He got cancelled
My favorite starter got cancelled by Gen Z and you want me to act like it's nothing???
>>
C-C-COPE AND SEETHE!!!
>>
>>56592506
Fucking based comment. Sauce?
>>
>>56592561
Cope at what? I'm saying the stories are canon, but that it's very obviously mythos. Has no one read greek mythology or any japanese yokai stories?
>>
>>56592602
Legends Arceus had a guy marry a Froslass and have children together and you meet one of his descendants.

That's not mythos anymore.
>>
>>56592486
Finally, some sense.
>>
>>56592486
you're wasting your time trying to talk sense into these degens
it's too late, the damage is done
>>
*sigh* This gigaleak has done irreversable damage to whatever's left of this so-called community.
>>
>>56592486
>pearl-clutching
Get lost, lol. These people are into it, not the other way around. You were always the odd one out.
>>
>>56593469
Good. Let it all burn down.
>>
>Typhlosion is based off of the Mujina or Japanese badger. Often depicted in Japanese Folklore as Yokai with the ability to shape shift into humans and deceive.

It's pretty much a 1:1 story recreation. How are people freaking out over this? It's cool, if anything.
>>
>>56592486
man i just wanted to see cool stuff from X and Y but this board is 80% arguing about pokefucking and no leakers are posting shit anymore
>>
>>56593486
There are tons of people freaking out over this. "oh no poke fucking! My pure typhlosion NOOOO!"
>>
File: DzxjyMrX0AArYxP.jpg (62 KB, 900x635)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>56592486
>Beastiality
>Rape
>Underaged rape
>Underaged rape by Beast
Nope, wrong there. Pearl-clutching.
>>
>>56592486
I'm not freaking out. I'm LAUGHING, this has been the funniest thing to happen this decade
>>
>>56593469
How? lmao
>>
File: FsNkWtbX0AEeNEW.jpg (69 KB, 1200x675)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>56592486
But Anipoke confirmed it
>>
>>56592486
Speaking of pearls, you're feeding them to pigs. Neither side is actually gonna be rational and measured about this because it's a big chance to mash their zealously-held belief in their opponents' face. It's an exercise in futility expecting them to heed your words, even though it's the most logical take.

Sit back and enjoy the meltdown, OP. We're gonna be here a while, might as well find entertainment where we can.
>>
>>56593562
Yes. Myths. Just like when zeus turns into a bull and fucks a woman and then she bears child. These are myths and stories, the stories exist in universe but are currently understood to be works of fiction and folklore. No reason to pearl clutch unless you pearl clutch at greek mythos.
>>
>>56593525
its almost like the leaks arent reel and its just a bunch twatter retards hoping people follow them on twatter for more LEAKS about SEX and LEAKS of SEX of LEAKS and SEX!!!
>>
>>56592602
>Has no one read greek mythology or any japanese yokai stories?
The difference is that arceus actually exists in pokemon
>>
>>56593674
I do understand that. Though, hopefully with a few rational posts on here and other sites will let people see that it's not as bad as people think it is. There are people that are rational, few as they may be.

I'm unsure what the consequences of this all will be though. TPCi booting gamefreak? Is this an actual scandal for them? Leaks suck, but is the content of this leak damaging to gamefreak's reputation? If people think they were trying to inject rape and murder fantasies into the games it will definitely look bad.
And while I'm in the camp that believes the games should be made by someone else other than GF, I just wonder if this bad publicity is bad enough to damage the goodwill that pokemon has created for itself over the decades.
>>
Op is not a faggot
This is no different than the marriage thing we already had as a myth
>>
>>56593864
>>56592813
>>
>>56593837
Frankly, I doubt it. Far be it from me to use the dreaded words "too big to fail", but GF is so intrinsically tied to Pokémon at this point that I can't see them being ripped out like that. A much easier - and tragic - possibility is them blaming the employee, or a number of them (including ones that have nothing to do with this shitstorm) and throw them under the bus, before going about as if nothing happened. I'd love if we finally got rid of the GF cancer in this franchise, but I just can't see it happening as is.
>>
>>56593946
I also hope this doesn't cause them to sanitize the series any more than it has been. People thought it already was kiddie-shit with no good expanded lore. Only to realize that there is huge background lore and odd shit that is the basis for many of the stories in-game.
With this backlash they could actually sanitize things and remove any traces of interesting folklore from canon (even if it's purely internal like these were meant to be).
I hope not.
>>
>>56592813
Anybody has the picture? I seem to have lost it.
>>
>>56594039
The series is 100% gonna be more sanatised after this. Honestly thinking of dropping the franchise for real. It’s gonna be ultra mega kiddie from here on out.
>>
>>56592486
>games are shit
>be in a content drought
>only new thing pokemon released was some alarm thing
idk anon you tell me why this board went crazy over a leak
>>
I really don't understand any of these stories. They are all so random and convoluted it seems AI generated. What is even the point of them? None of them barely explain any connection in pokemon. It makes sense why the only thing people are getting out of them is canon pokesex because that's the only thing that makese any sense and has any relevance.
>>
>>56594242
They seem AI generated because it's machine translation; the originals are in japanese and the majority of people doesn't read moon.
The point of them is for writers to get used to writing about the world of Pokémon. To get them familiar with what kind of setting they're writing for and the sort of relationships characters can have. They're all mostly based on preexisting myths and folklore, meaning they have a base which is more familiar to the writers to springboard off of to writing about the actual Pokémon universe. It also serves for them to build what kind of stories exist and what they can build their own in-game mythos around.

Basically, it's a writing exercise. Some homework for them to do before getting to actually touch the games so they can suck less when actually making the product that will make them money.
>>
>>56592813
It’s a beat for beat retelling of the legend of the yuki-ona which Froslass is based on.
>>
>>56594242
As the other anon said, these are writing exercises.
These docs were never ever going to be stated in-game. This is purely for the writers and devs to know so that they can build the world within it. You explore all the boundaries of your world as a writer so that you can understand what to push and which boundaries you can work within. You can then sprinkle in and allude to this lore without explicitly stating things and without being inconsistent.
>>
>>56594646
the difference is one is a legend, the other is a real occurence.
>>
>>56594846
Yeah it’s like concept art
>>
File: marrying-pokemon-e.png (10 KB, 256x760)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>56594242
Probably just additional material to back up the idea of Pokémon and humans being closer in the past (or marrying as it was originally)
>>
>>56594080
Japan isn’t like the US, degeneracy is normal there.

But yeah I expect a split, with maybe a slightly more adult pokemon mmo type games vs kiddy Let’s go Evee type games
>>
>>56592486
This shits funny, simple as that...this makes me love the Pokemon franchise even more.
>>
>>56593469
>irreversible
buddy this will hardly be relevant except in a couple of jokes and shitposts after a week or so

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.