[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20241013_201150.jpg (143 KB, 1536x864)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
Why would gamefreak depict an autistic man as a deranged genocidal psychopath who wanted to destroy the universe? Seems pretty callous to like half their fanbase
>>
>>56593348
Did Tajiri laugh about it?
>>
Holy fuck... he's just like me...
>>
>>56593348
Still not nearly as bad as Lysander, what was even his point?
>>
File: 1728857600268.png (171 KB, 742x1750)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
>>56593348
>>
>>56593348
Tajiri being autistic had no source at all and was likely made up on the spot.
>>
OP the autistic here is a mistranslation by the machine translating lol
>>
>>56594250
No it isnt. The kaiji used for sperg is very literal and doesnt have any perticular double meaning.
>>
>>56594308
>the kaiji
lmao

Do you have proof with a comparison?
>>
>>56593411

Lysandre wanted to save the few that bought into his Scientology scheme so that after he nuked the world he could start from a clean slate. Although the people he recruited were dumb goons who wouldnt have any worth in a civilization collapse anyway.
>>
>>56593348
The kanji used for "autism" actually spells out "reserved", which isn't that far from what "autistic" used to mean in the past.
>>
if a 10 year old forming a criminal organization at the age of 15 and striving to become God just because he was insulted isn't autism, then I don't know what is
>>
>>56593348
Only half?
>>
>>56596532
You got the oras version of this?
Or was it exactly the same
>>
>>56595315
The kanji is off by a character. Cyrus is described with "自閉的". The actual japanese term for autism is "自閉症", look up the latter on Wikitonary or Jisho and you'll see that's the term used for autism in japanese. The former basically just says he's "closed off".

I guess you could read it as "he has autistic traits"?
>>
>>56596215
>Goons
I just giggled like a moron. I fucking hate what the internet did to this word
>>
>>56597196
Ehh, it's more what the internet did to your brain. I hear goon, i hear that "hired goons" bit from the simpsons generally. Or goon bag (4L bladder of wine, so called as it makes you act an idiot or goon in roofucker if you drink a whole bag) but that's a bit rarer than "hired goons".
>>
>>56597042
Thank you. This is exactly what I was trying to say to the other poster, it does NOT say he's autistic. Doesn't change the fact that it's describing traits that are very commonly shown in autistic people hence why so many people have thought he was autistic over the years
>>
>>56593348
This is cancel material considering he is the only one that they named as autistic. Tell twitter. Behead gamefreak.
>>
>>56597042
>>56598406
Correct, this is the same case as with Gundam Zeta where Kamille says he's autistic, but it just means introverted. The Japanese use it in the OG meaning, derived from Greek root autos, aka "self-admiration and withdrawal within self".

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.