[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_7509.png (2.85 MB, 1920x1008)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB PNG
There’s already Palworld clones out. Will they also get sued by GF? How will this work? They’re suing over game mechanics right? So what happens when others starts taking from Palworld?
>>
>>56601241
if they win, than nintendo can just refer to their win in the other case and insta run through it.
>>
>Palworld clones

You mean just another pokemon ripoff?
>>
>>56601315
No because the game plays exactly like Palworld not Pokémon
>>
>>56601289
If the exact patent infringements apply, that is.
They could just learn from the Palworld case.
>>
>>56601241
Why haven’t they sued Digimon or Pokémon Diamond/Jade? Surely it’s easier to rape the newer product.
>>
>>56601289
/thread, Nintendo has virtually the patent for life if they win the case. Either Sony provides backup to fight back (Which is a good thing because keeping a monopoly on game mechanics is one of the dumbest concepts of all times and shouldn't be encouraged by anyone) or Palworld takes the loss, Nintendo starts cracking down on more and more clones until they can branch out to small sections of competitors.
>>
>>56601363
They’re not suing over monster designs or stolen assets. You can make a pikachu looking monster that’s electric and mouselike and you can’t get sued unless you outright take pikachu’s name of design.
>>
>>56601241
Wasnt there temworld?
>>
>>56601363
>Why haven’t they sued Digimon
Digimon predates pokemon (it started as a tamagotchi clone that released about a year before the first pokemon games)
>Pokémon Diamond/Jade?
you can't have a lawsuit without a company to actually sue, pokemon diamond/jade was made by a bunch of chinks in a basement who no one wil ever hear about again. I guess they could have sued the makers of Telefang but that game has as much in common with pokemon as pokemon does with Dragon Quest Monsters
it's also important to note that none of those games had people say "look at what this game can do with a fraction of game freak's resources while they can't even get their games to run properly", that discourse that Palworld started is what really pissed TPC off
>>
>>56603554
>Digimon predates pokemon (it started as a tamagotchi clone that released about a year before the first pokemon games)
This is wrong by the way.
Tamagotchi released November 1996 while Pokemon was February 96.
>>
>>56601333
An ark survival ripoff?
>>
>>56603805
oh okay my bad then
>>
>>56601315
Who would want to copy a bad game? (Pokemon)
>>
Is there a name for counterfeiting a counterfeit?
>>
>>56603836
Because a bad game like Palworld is easier to surpass than a good game like Pokemon.
>>
>>56603941
>modern pokemon
>good
I mean it's OK. it's carried hard by the monsters and brand recognition.
Scarlet and Violet had some good ideas, but terrible execution (like the ability to fight Gyms in any order... it was estabilished years ago that Gym Leaders pick teams based on how many Badge the Trainer has, yet they didn't do anything about that in SV)
oh yeah also the game was unstable as fuck on release (maybe still is).
it wasn't hilariously unfinished like big rigs, but still clearly not a complete product
>>
>>56601241
Man I can't believe people are copying this self admitted slop game so quickly, almost like it was made in a cheap way.
>>
>>56603980
>it's carried hard by the monsters and brand recognition.
Yeah, not really.
The problem here is that you're comparing the new games to the old games when you should be comparing pokemon to other tamers which paints a picture of where pokemon really stands.
As it is pokemon is still offering more varied content and more monsters to collect than any other monster tamer currently being sold.
>it was estabilished years ago that Gym Leaders pick teams based on how many Badge the Trainer has
This is also just an origins thing.
>>
>>56603980
>the ability to fight Gyms in any order
people think they want this but when a world is too open, nothing is surprising anymore and you have no reason to revisit areas anymore, and yo lose all feeling of progression because the difficulty curve never changes, when everything scales to you there isn't any challenge or feeling of growth
Crystal Clear is a shit rom hack that lets you go anywhere and fight gyms in any order and it's all the worse for doing this because the gameplay loop boils down to
>fly to gym
>beat gym leader
>grind rematches to level cap
>fly to next gym leader picked at random
>repeat
I think it's a lot more interesting to find an area where you can't go yet and have it sit in the back of your head for a while, the curiosity building up to the payoff of you getting the ability to finally explore it. This is the driving force behind, say, metroidvania gameplay design and everyone loves metroidvanias. Imagine a metroid game except there's no missile doors, no bomb blocks, no roadblocks to actually force you to think about the map.
actually this exists, it's called Axiom Verge 2 and it's a garbage game
>>
File: Berigon.png (39 KB, 206x314)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>56601241
Let me introduce you to Berigon
>>
>>56604004
a game's quality isn't proportional to the time it spent in development
Concord took 8 years to develop
>>
>>56604112
Yes but the people working on Concord didn't think they were making slop, they were just completely up their own ass.
Palworld is very specifically made with a sorta "why should i try beyond the bare minimum" type approach.
>>
>>56601241
What even is the patent? Adding party members to a party in an RPG? Final Fantasy 6 already did that before Pokemon.
>>
>>56604165
the "bare minimum" is to make a fun game because the whole point of games is to be fun
the game is fun
I see no issue
>>
>>56604004
Some of them are so lazy they just ripped animations straight from palworld
>>
>>56604245
I'm pretty sure it was the tossing balls thing.
>>
>>56604245
>In an example of a game program, a ground boarding target object or an air boarding target object is selected by a selection operation, and a player character is caused to board the selected boarding target object. If the player character aboard the air boarding target object moves toward the ground, the player character is automatically changed to the state where the player character is aboard the ground boarding target object, and brought into the state where the player character can move on the ground.
and
> In a first mode, an aiming direction in a virtual space is determined based on a second operation input, and a player character is caused to launch, in the aiming direction, an item that affects a field character disposed on a field in the virtual space, based on a third operation input. In a second mode, the aiming direction is determined, based on the second operation input, and the player character is caused to launch, in the aiming direction, a fighting character that fights, based on the third operation input.
if you think these are incomprehensible world salad that could apply to almost every game ever made, then congratulations you just realized why the patent system is fucked
>>
>>56601241
>Will they also get sued by GF?
That depends if they're also stealing from GF.
If not, they will be fine like 58539759690 other monster catching games.
>>
>>56604273
We don't know what the patents are yet the throwing mechanic was just spitballing
>>
>>56604296
>incomprehensible world salad
Are you retarded?
>>
>>56604273
It's not. There's zero, nada, zilch information aside from the lawsuit existing.
Stop taking everything written by assblasted fanboys at face value
>>
>>56604354
maybe
>>
Fakemon fatigue
So there's the anthro the feral the pear the flying one the funny mascot one and the orb got it
>>
>>56604296
So they own the patents to mounts and throwing minions while holding L2? Why haven't they sued World of Warcraft and Fortnite?
>>
>>56601241
Are these less buggy than Palworld? I enjoyed Palworld but the bug where the game randomly freezes is really annoying
>>
>>56604448
because neither World of Warcraft nor Fortnite rose to become top selling games on Steam within launch week and came out at a time where reception towards pokemon games was at an all time low and caused comparisons about the work of an indie team compared to a multibillion dollar corpo
TPC got burned over the palworld discource, they know that Game Freak is incapable of rising to the occasion because they're a miniscule team of juniors and out-of-touch oldfags (a youtuber called Gireum Red proved this by looking at a japanese job review site), so they weaponize the legal system to bully and kill the competition
>>
>>56604494
>discource
what the fuck is wrong with me
>>
>>56603485
Temtem flopped
>>
>>56604296
>In an example of a game program, a ground boarding target object or an air boarding target object is selected by a selection operation, and a player character is caused to board the selected boarding target object. If the player character aboard the air boarding target object moves toward the ground, the player character is automatically changed to the state where the player character is aboard the ground boarding target object, and brought into the state where the player character can move on the ground.
What the fuck does this mean? There is an airborne mount and a separate ground mount and the player jumps from the air mount to the ground mount at low altitude? That's fucking retarded. If I was a Japanese judge and someone even tried to make me acknowledge that shit I would give them the death sentence on the spot.
>>
>>56604448
Because they don't own that.
>>
>>56604588
It means it autochanges when you make contact with terrain that requires a different mount.
Are you people fucking illiterate?
>>
>>56604326
>That depends if they're also stealing from GF
Did you even check the patents Nintendo is claiming have been breached? One of them is using a secondary thrown device to catch an animal.
That would encapsulate nearly every single monster catching game thats basically pokemon in a different skin.
>>
>>56604610
Literacy is not the problem when interpreting a fucking riddle like this. And that describes World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy, Fortnite, and I could just sit here naming any game with flying mounts, gliders, or vehicles because they're all fucking capable of landing. How the fuck could writing a riddle grant anyone the patent to landing?
>>
>>56604651
I threw my lasso in RDR and caught a lot of animals. Rockstar should sue TPC.
>>
>>56604742
It's basic fucking English you dipshit, the only problem is that you lack the attention span to actually sit down and comprehend it, even now you're just thinking it's about the concept of a mount when it isn't, you can't patent a concept, A utility patent is all about HOW it's done.

>How the fuck could writing a riddle grant anyone the patent to landing?
It doesn't, that's not how patents work. Christ you people are fucking idiots
>>
>>56604651
>Did you even check the patents Nintendo is claiming have been breached?
Did you? Because that's not publicly disclosed information. Why do you have to make shit up to get angry about?
>>
>>56604823
>>56604934
It's not worth arguing with these people.
>>
>>56604823
Ok but HOW its done is how everyone has done it for decades so what is the purpose of this patent system and why can an incompetent and wicked company suddenly lay claim to idea everyone else already had and stop newcomers from using it? What purpose would such a retroactive and abusive system serve to any reasonable society?
>>
>>56604934
>yes they are bringing Palworld to court for patent infringement, no dont bring up the JP patents from 2021 it cant be them its other patenets
>no they just filed for the patents in the US at the same time they said they would look into infringement because.... they just DID
Dumb fuck
>>
>>56605046
>Ok but HOW its done is how everyone has done it for decades
No, no it isn't. You're STILL confusing it for the fucking concept. Not to mention, patents are specific it's exceedingly difficult to actually infringe on one without being aware of it because a small change like using two buttons or riding a mount from a menu rather than a button can push you clear of infringement.
>>
>>56605130
The one that's "exceedingly difficult to infrigne upon" that was posted described a player selected air mount transitioning to a ground mount upon touching the ground though. I don't understand how anyone could avoid doing it that way. Yes my pegasus switches to the model with folded wings when I touch the ground, am I supposed to keep the flight animation even when groundbound just to appease the posted patent?
>>
>>56605508
>am I supposed to keep the flight animation even when groundbound just to appease the posted patent?
No you idiot. Just do what you said
>Yes my pegasus switches to the model with folded wings when I touch the ground
That's not a model switch by the way, that's switching animations which is fine.
>>
>>56601241
pocket pair just got unlucky that they are in japan which is nintendos home turf
one of the palclones is made by tencent, good fucking luck if nintendo tries to sue them lmao
>>
>>56603485
No one liked Temtem (don't know why, never played it myself)
>>
>>56606070
palword iz is suing them
https://insider-gaming.com/palworld-clone-tencent/
>>
>>56603485
Temtem both focused on an irrelevant market(hardcore "competitive" pokemon players), actually has a bunch of nonsense on top and yeah in general being a flop makes you less of a target.
There are more obvious clones but those tend to sprite games and the such and probably fall into the "not a threat" category.
>>
>>56604059
lmao thiz iz juzt purple chillet
>>
>>56601241
No way they win
It's like Doom-clones
>>
>>56606119
>palword iz is suing them
>iz is
>is
oops you slipped there faggy fag
>>
>>56605813
Nta but if the mount is a normal horse on ground and jumping cause it ti sprout wing and make it fly, how does this work? It's a different model righr?
>>
>>56606251
So the wings just don't exist until you initiate flight?
Then it's still the same model with another object attached to it.
>>
>>56601363
Bandai has an agreement with Nintendo, which is why they continue to sell pokemon plastic. It's also why Digimon isn't allowed to have great videogames, just okay ones.
>>
>>56604516
>>56603485
The only selling point of TheyThem was letting you to use a female child's body with male pronouns in the PC creation menu, which made you able to walk around the map as a topless loli(male)
>>
>>56606239
de palworld iz suing dem
>>
I'm aware that I have no idea about patent-laws in japan, but afaik Nintendo send in those patents in April or May 2024 and Palworld was released in February 2024

I have no idea if japanese laws allow to get a patent on something in what someone else released in hindsight (as long it isn't patented), but I have the feeling this is the reason why Nintendo might lose this case

Needless to say, all the other games those patents apply to
The whole mounting patent applies to every game which has rideable animals, like Chocobos in Final Fantasy Games, technically even bikes

And the whole "throwing"-patent might apply to almost any game where you can throw things

And theoretically this even affects western games, at least the ones who get/got localized in japan

Yes, even in japan is Call of Duty, Skyrim, and Red Dead Redemption getting sold
>>
>>56603485
So post-Sony Palworld in a few years?
>>
Azur Promilia is gonna kill Palshit and Gen X Pokemon anyways.
>who
from the Azur Lane people, and their fanatics almost rival with Genshin
and Blue Archive waifuists.
Have fun.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.