[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Beta Kalos.webm (276 KB, 594x510)
276 KB
276 KB WEBM
Almost half of the Kalos region that was planned was scrapped.
>>
File: Kalos_Pokedex_map.png (310 KB, 588x399)
310 KB
310 KB PNG
>>56621010
This is the Kalos we got.
>>
>>56621010
>>56621018
That was obvious
>>
>>56621010
>planned
so it's nothing?
>>
>>56621010
And yet Kalos as we have has 16 town and cities which is more than any region other than Unova (thanks to B2W2).
>>
>>56621010
Marseille bros...
>>
>>56621710
Please kys defender
>>
>>56621010
I blame Nintendo. BW was out when the 3DS was already released and they wanted a quick system seller.
>>
BW ruined pokemon forever, we already know that.
>>
>half
>like 3 towns at most

pick one
>>
>>56621810
Either that, XY being the first 3D game, and/or XY being the first game to have a simultaneous worldwide release.
>>
>>56621010
As always, gamefreak keeps releasing unfinished games
>>
>>56621710
When nearly 50% of your locations is towns, that's not a very good look.
>>
>>56622649
why?
>>
>>56621010
Interesting how south Kalos is disconnected, like Sinnoh's battle zone.
I guess Kiloude was always intended to be the post-game starting point.
>>
>>56621754
Go back to Africa
>>
can someone tell me how the hell people are getting the 3ds beta builds to run,shit crashes my 3ds whenever I try to run them
>>
File: 1707940527105965.gif (1.76 MB, 400x206)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB GIF
>>56624782
>running beta on 3ds
NGMI
>>
>>56624890
I get blackscreens on citra so its my only hope
>>
>>56621010
What do we know about Rhyhorn Racing and the power plant? Its clear both were scrapped content.
>>
>>56621010
>>56621018
>XY has the most fucked region
Damn, Kalos got cucked. Even Galar or Johto don't feel this bad.
>>
>>56625012
it's bw1's fault
>>
>bw keeps living rent free in kalos cucks minds
good.
>>
>>56622678
Kalos has fewer locations overall and non-city areas are the pinnacle of exploring the Pokemon world.
>>56625060
Curious to see how the HELL you believe this. Tell me what asinine mental gymnastics got you to this absurd conclusion.
>>
>>56625502
It is a stupid underaged discuck. pay no mind to them.
They are furious because they can't trol, during the leaks.
>>
>>56624930
are they cia files? i only look at the leaked shit on here and xitter
>>
>>56625502
>Kalos has fewer locations overall
Except it doesn’t.

>and non-city areas are the pinnacle of exploring the Pokemon world
Says who?
>>
>>56625785
pack your bags yawnfag, you're old news fagboy
>>
>>56621010
I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and argue that these areas were probably conceptually poor and wouldn't have meaningfully added anything to the game or improved it, so they got axed. Getting rid of this shit probably gave them time to add more pokemon and flesh out the prexisting content. Considering how ridiculously tight of a time budget XY was on and how little density of content there is in the areas that didn't get axed, I don't even want to imagine how thing spread the game's content would be if these areas were kept in.
TL;DR At least XY is just a kind of skinny kid and not an anorexic teenager
>>
>>56626631
*thin spread
>>
>>56625011
>625011▶
Nothing!
>>
>>56621710
>16 towns and cities
>either are completely fucking empty or lame as shit
>>
>>56621710
Unova even in BW is filled with rich history, filled with rich NPCs and lore, rich story, rich characters, rich music, rich visuals, everything about BW is little, but perfect.
What XY offers will never be able to outweight the level of Soul put into BW.
>>
>>56627474
all of this is wrong btw
>>
>>56627474
> Unova even in BW is filled with rich history, filled with rich NPCs and lore, rich story, rich characters, rich music, rich visuals, everything about BW is little, but perfect
Just like XY.
>>
Yawnfag lost and got raped. You will never get Z and Kalos will never be finished.
>>
>>56625785
>Says who?
The gameplay loop, mostly. Towns in video games, especially JRPGs, are usually a resting point for the player, and are meant to have minor sidequests and NPC dialogue that directs them in the correct direction. Unfortunately XY towns are pretty sparse on all that outside of Lumiose, which is a little hard to navigate and even then a lot of the content isn't terribly interesting or could have been condensed (why do there need to be 4 restaurants that play the exact same anyway?). On the other hand, most other maps in Pokemon and other JRPGs are where the core combat gets time to shine, and in Pokemon this is super important since that's where you catch new Pokemon. It might even be because there's so few routes that the encounter tables are so packed, although it could just be a design choice I dunno.
>>
>>56621010
>>56621018
Most depressing part of the whole leak
>>
File: 5746.png (86 KB, 397x236)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
>>56627565
>minor sidequests
Good thing XY has these.
>>
>>56627491
XY has no culture, just like France.
>>
>>56627620
This is literally the only quest in XY btw.
>>
>>56627672
t. didn’t play the game
>>
>>56627685
You didn't say "unova is at fault here" cordie.
>>
>>56627565
>Towns in video games, especially JRPGs, are usually a resting point for the player,
>usually
Thanks for admitting you’re full of shit.

>Unfortunately XY towns are pretty sparse
Source?

>which is a little hard to navigate
Oh, so exploration is suddenly bad when it doesn’t fit your narrative?

>and even then a lot of the content isn't terribly interesting
Source?

>why do there need to be 4 restaurants that play the exact same
Why did you not play the game?

>On the other hand, most other maps in Pokemon and other JRPGs are where the core combat gets time to shine
Good thing those other maps still exist in XY then, huh?
>>
File: 66734.png (78 KB, 395x233)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>56627672
?
>>
File: Ice Cream Bros.png (662 KB, 1198x900)
662 KB
662 KB PNG
>>56621710
Jesus christ, and I thought Genwunners were bad at letting Unova live rent free in their heads.
>>
>>56627770
Retard
>>
File: Beretta92F_LeftSide.jpg (81 KB, 600x389)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
Good. Shoot yawnkike 3x everytime
>>
>>56627620
Outside of Luniose it's basically that and the O-Power sidequest that basically spans the entire game, isn't it? There's some weird stuff, like the town before the Snorlax sidequest could easily have an entrance to the berry farm with basically zero issue, and giving the player the Day Care one area early isn't a bad thing in my opinion (why does that have an entire tutorial cutscene anyway?), and leaving the Battle Chateau on the route still gives it plenty to do. I guess not every game can be USUM and have in-depth sidequests to flesh out the world though.
>>56627770
>Thanks for admitting you’re full of shit.
Well, XY doesn't have any towns that don't fit that mold, it's not Zelda 2 or anything.
>Source?
Check Bulbapedia, it's pretty easy to see
>Oh, so exploration is suddenly bad when it doesn’t fit your narrative?
It is when it's slightly fucked mechanically. There's a reason people dislike DK64, and why I dislike Terrydactyland in Banjo Tooie. Lumiose has some of the same problems as both.
>Source?
Again, check Bulbapedia, you can usually see side-quests are just talking to somebody for an item.
>Why did you not play the game?
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lumiose_City_restaurants
Explain to me how they're different in any meaningful way, given ORAS condensed them incredibly easily
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mauville_Food_Court
>Good thing those other maps still exist in XY then, huh?
Yes, if they didn't exist at all the game would be really bad. As it stands, it's just imbalanced in the favor of downtime. Of course it also depends on the quality of some of those maps, which ranges a lot. XY has one less nothing single room than RS, but lacks a lot of good stuff to make up for it.
>>
>>56621795
you first tourist.
>>
>>56628152
>but lacks a lot of good stuff
such as…

>>56627945
not an argument
>>
>>56628224
He based and you should kys
>>
>>56628253
Retard
>>
>>56628253
>such as…
The entire Regi quest like, if we're talking RS. On the other hand, most other Pokemon games have at least one solid lead up to a legendary Pokemon. XY has
>Terminus Cave cockblocking you at the end before you beat the game and being lame as shit if you go in after beating the game aside from Zygarde being there, would have been better if they let you get it before beating the game
>The worst roaming Pokemon sidequest because despite being entirely deterministic it just wastes your time for a single Pokemon in a single room
>Mewtwo just sitting in a room which in comparison is arguably the best one (I personally like Terminus Cave existing but the Gen 7 version is way better)
Fucking B2W2 has better legendary placement and 3 of them are just sitting in the middle of a route like they're trying to be a midboss or Unique Monster, and also those aren't literally the only non-optional lengendaries in the game. This isn't getting into shit like Chamber of Emptiness which doesn't even have the weird lore of Scorched Slab (it's Ama-no-Iwato for the record). When your functionally empty room is getting mogged by a different functionally empty room it's probably an embarrassment. Like, BW's functionally empty room is at least tied to an event Pokemon's lore. The best map in XY is probably Lost Hotel, really solid all around and arguably better than a lot of areas in other Pokemon games, but it's so much better than shit like the ice puzzle that fundamentally doesn't work with the movement mechanics or the caves basically having no mechanical identity. When the Pokeball Factory happened it was a fucking relief to have mechanics that were kind of fun in this video game.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.