[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Japan.gif (54 KB, 400x300)
54 KB
54 KB GIF
> people assuming it's Greece just because it is an archipelago and forgetting another famous archipelago nation
>>
>>56637645
Pokemon fell off when it left this archipelago
>>
What will the pokegreece food gimmick be, gyro or kebab
>>
I don't want Gamefreak to fully return to Japan again. Not in the current era.
It's become an international franchise first and they wouldn't be able to make a region like the first four.
>>
>>56637645
>believing a retarded leaker
If it ends up being brazil or china or some other place the faggot will cope by saying "continents are basically just big islands!"
>>
>>56637658
Agreed.

Plus am I the only one tired of island regions? Hoenn, Sinnoh, Alola and Galar. Do we really need another?
>>
>>56637691
>brazil or china
lmao no way, you must be clueless about japanese culture if you think they would fuck it up this badly
>>
>>56637645
Imagine if Kitakami is a part of Gen 10’s region.
>>
>>56637645
There's only Chuugoku left that they could turn out to be an interesting region.

The only interesting part of Shikoku (Tokushima and its whirlpools) are already part of Johto.

Chuubu is mostly part of Kanto and Johto, there's only the west coast left.

Touhoku would be Kanto but with snow.

While I do agree with >>56637692, but mostly because 3 european regions in a row is boring, if the rumours are true, an archipelago region is going mostly likely to be Greece. I can't see them doing Indonesia and we already had UK.
>>
>>56637645
You'll gonna get Philippines and you gonna like it
Trust ze plan
>>
File: 800px-Unova_B2W2_alt.png (840 KB, 800x523)
840 KB
840 KB PNG
>>56637692
Sinnoh and Galar are functionally the same as Kanto/Jotho, Unova, Kalos, etc
They are "islands" but have very few water routes and they aren't built around water like Hoenn or Alola

The real problem is that - starting from gen V- regions aren't built to feel believable, they're built to feel like theme parks

The regions from Gen V onward simply make no sense in terms of geography, climate, etc.
I like BW but look at this shit. Snowy mountains sprouting from lush forest? A fucking desert right in the middle?
>>
>>56637645
that’s just an island retard
>>
>>56637817
>I can't see them doing Indonesia
Why?
>>
>>56637728
Brazil is famous in Japan due to massive immigration in the past century. There are actual japanese colonies in major Brazil cities.
Both countries have good international relations despite Brazil's leftist government and Japan being basically asian US. I see as an good option but I can't see them turning it into an archipelago. Maybe for Gen XI.
>>
File: Map_Sinnoh_Art.png (1.3 MB, 1024x724)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
>>56637850
Meanwhile Sinnoh
The gimmick around Mt Coronet might be annoying but at least it feels real and alive
>>
It's Korea
>>
Should be China or Ausfailia
>>
>>56637645
The treasures of ruin hint towards an asian country it will be either china or Japan.
>>
>>56637850
The desert was supposed to represent Nevada desert and Castelia was supposed to have some LA elements (already confirmed by beta sketches and by Masuda). Unova is indeed our US region and they tried to represent everything they could. That's why I don't believe they will ever come back to California, specially due to Pokestar Studios (Named Pokewood in Japan). Even Nimbasa have Orlando/Disney elements. There's only NASA left that they could explore.

I see your point tho.
>>
>>56638008
>I see your point tho.
Yeah. You confirmed they made a theme park of America.

At least the towns in Unova are excellent. I can't argue against that
>>
>>56637645
You know, Gaia is a Greek goddess of Earth, and the national personification of Indonesia is also a (Hindu) goddess of the Earth, Prithvi
Indonesia is the most likely if GF wants an archipelagic Asian region desu
>>
>>56638364
You know, Titans were the predecessors of the gods in Greek mythology, and in Spain there's err uhh uummmmm
forget that, Orion was a huntsman in Greek mythology and in Britain there's eeeeeeerrrrr uuuuhhhhhhhh ummmmmmm
>>
>>56637850
>he hasn't been to the new york desert
>>
I don't see whg is can't be italy
Just put a big ass river and cut the peninsula from the main land and you got 4 islands, add corsica and you got 5, cut north between east and west and you got 6 islands and it would make sense since it would represent italy's borders before unification
>>
What if they try to make a region based in artificial islands?
>>
>>56637850
>>56638008
The desert in Unova is supposed to be Ground Zero, hence:
>>
At least the new lore would make sense.
>>
File: sddefault[1].jpg (79 KB, 640x480)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>56637691
>>56637728
China could only be used in a spinoff like Pokemon Conquest or Unite, Japan has a hateboner for China, but loves to romanticize its imperial version.

And let's not talk about its strong fetish for Chinese women in traditional clothing.
>>
>>56637850
New Zealand manages to have just about every major microclimate.
>>
>>56639424
It's not as common these days, but there was a time where some Japanese scholars and people saw themselves as the true successors to China's dynasties and inheritors of that history. Doubly so since China tried to throw it away 50 years ago
>>
>>56637850
>The regions from Gen V onward simply make no sense in terms of geography, climate, etc.
>I like BW but look at this shit. Snowy mountains sprouting from lush forest? A fucking desert right in the middle?

New Yorker here!
It's called abstraction, you retard.
Real Kanto is as much of a soulless concrete sprawl as is NYC.
Besides NYC is super fucking diverse. East Unova in particular encapsulates the Brooklyn-Queens feeling very well IMHO (Lentimas being roughly where Corona is IRL).
Manhattan can be a bit of a hit and miss (albeit more accurate in Black 2 with all the development going on, Join Avenue representing Manhattan Mall for example).
Still, props to GF for glassing everything from Tribeca to Midtown. Absolutely nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>56639508
>New Yorker here!
Stopped reading here
>>
>>56639424
>And let's not talk about its strong fetish for Chinese women in traditional clothing.
God bless you, you fucking perverts.
>>
>>56637645
I thought about this too but it'd would be weird if they took all of Japan. I feel like people would have way too high of expectations. I hope it's not a country I or region I care about.
>>
Sevii islands

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.