[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>the grand enemies of Arceus were Giants
>just Dialga and Palkia are the children of some guy
>absent from the alchemical sigil
so what's his deal exactly?
>>
>>56639132
The unloved child of god. Ancient cultures often believed that words held power and that even speaking of evils would bring them into this world, so they probably kept very few records of Giratina.
>>
>>56639132
It wasn't of the earlier stages of DP development, you can tell it was mean to be a minor legendary until they revised the lore a couple of times and gave it more relevancy.
Giratina was also added in the later versions of the sigil too.
>>
most of the stuff was written before giratina was even considered
>>
File: giratina.png (52 KB, 1887x1012)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>56639132
Check this version of the myth
>>56639208
>>56639227
They did have the idea of Palkia and Dialga being a trio early on, but I don't think they had any idea of its design other than being a black destroyer. They didn't have a fitting name either.
>>
>>56639245
i also think there might be some stuff going on with heatran too, like beta giratina was split into heatran and giratina
>>
>>56639337
Wasn't the original concept for Giratina a chimera of sorts?
They did the redesign before even finishing the the sprite.
>>
File: GZun7JQWwAUr64S.png (29 KB, 356x360)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>56639371
Yep. His name was Kimairan or something, similar to Heatran. Its so different from the Giratina we have, and the myths about the black giant, that I think it got repurposed. Like this was a completely different legendary, maybe a proto Heatran, and then they iterated on it to match their idea of the third creation trio member.
>>
>>56639337
Lore says that Heatran is born from volcanoes filled with primordial energy. Like Mount Coronet (the throne of God). So Heatran is literally just an accident.
>>
>>56639438
Yes, and we now know that Mt. Coronet had an origin story of being the corpse of a giant Arceus created to expand the universe through destruction. So maybe there's a connection there
>>
>>56639406
You can tell some of elements like the wings and six legs survived through the redesign, It still feels like even if Giratina was made, they were still figuring how to place it into the lore, you still find it in some random cave in the original DP games.
>>
File: GZvp1ThX0AcMNa9.png (20 KB, 823x461)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>56639500
I think its interesting because the updated plate descriptions in PLA match up with the black giant myth, along with his dex entries and stuff. So I really do think they did have a decent understanding of Giratina's role early on, they just didn't have a design or name
>>
Any anons willing to give us the meaning of Kimairan? Might give some clues.
>>
File: EgemInvUMAAmvv1.jpg (38 KB, 405x336)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>56639549
I think its just Chimera and Dragon?

キマイラン
>>
>>56639565
Maybe Kimairan might've been meant to be included as a giant in game back in gen 4, but then dropped so as to leave the giant lore more background and vague? Maybe the fanfic writers will have fun with a new big villain in Kimairan. If they bother to look into the leaks and beta content at least.
>>
>>56639132
>tina
>his

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.