[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I've struggled with suicidal thoughts, self-harm and depression for years. When I was 18, I decided to delay killing myself because I wanted to experience playing the diamond and pearl remakes. They were my first games and a huge part of my childhood, some of my only fond memories of my younger years involved playing them together with friends. The first look at BDSP in early 2021 disappointed me so much that it freed me in a way. I realised I had to find something else to live for. It woke me up, I couldn't hinge my decisions on something out of my control. If BDSP had been great games I would have spent hundreds of hours on them and then went through with my plans. By being awful, BDSP saved my life. Thank you for reading.
>>
>>56653160
don't care this isn't your blog
>>
>>56653160
>I’ve [fanfic]
Not reading your headcanon
>>
>>56653160
I would be suicidal too if my first games were diamond and pearl. Glad you were able to overcome.
>>
>>56653177
I’m in the same situation and yeah, having everything else you play be shit by comparison is hard.
>>
>>56653160
Glad you were able to overcome this and disentangle your emotional well-being from a product, anon.
>>
File: Anime_AutismPsycho.jpg (197 KB, 640x647)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>56653160
>The first look at BDSP in early 2021 disappointed me so much that it freed me in a way.

This happened to me, but Dragon's Dogma 2. Not the suicidal part, but the "idolizing an old game."
It's weirdly liberating, and grounding, to have something you obsesses over and love (but shouldn't) ruined in some way so you can 'snap back to reality' and actually look at things more rationally. I think a problem with depression and nostalgia is it can cause you to dangerously elevate a past experience and become progressively co-dependent on a memory; that, honestly, might not even be 100% real anymore. This monotony is lethal; it keeps you from creating new experiences, new memories, and new reasons to live.
I'm glad you're feeling better, OP.
>>
>>56653160
I know this is pasta but I actually did this with XY. Fucking hell man what a bad game, I’m still here though and the desire to make games has been the thing pushing me forward so I guess I owe people a good one

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.