[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pokemon-xy-launch-169.jpg (86 KB, 576x326)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
After 11 long years, I think it's time to properly apologize.
>>
For what? Being unfinished pieces of shit?
>>
>>56672472
>Kalosperms dilating rn after the leak confirmed that their shitty game is a shell of what it was supposed to be
You lost.
>>
>>56672479
Proof?
>>
File: 1728969445658347.png (338 KB, 712x819)
338 KB
338 KB PNG
>>56672483
>>
I'm sorry you lost half your content.
I'm sorry your designs got neutered by Sugi.
I'm sorry your Elite Four/Champion were the worst until Scat Vomit.
I'm sorry you let Unova live rent free.
>>
>>56672472
I'm sorry you killed the franchise by being so mid
>>
>>56672472
If anything these games should apologize to us.
>>
>>56672501
>>56672479
Just more proof that Kalos is the most soulful region only handicapped by the rushed anniversary and the kusoge that is SM
>>
You know what, I do like Kalos even more after the leaks. This was pobably their most ambitious game other than like Spaceworld Johto, considering how much they planned to implement. The most interesting thing to see is how close they got. Most of their early ideas did made the final cut after all. Mega Evolutions, the PSS, Super Training, Lumiose City, the 3D art style, character customization, and nearly every location in Northern Kalos is...Basically the same. Plot changes were marginal. The Kalos War was always a thing, and the main difference is that AZ is actually the villain using the Infinity Weapon.

The biggest cuts were
>Better 3D Camera
>Southern Kalos postgame
>A grabbag minigames
Which probably wouldve been implemented in XYZ. I would love to see a "Definitive Edition" of XY someday. But after ORAS and BDSP I have no hope for future remakes.
>>
>>56672472
Never played X/Y. Gonna play ZA, tho.
Same with DPP. Never played those, but I still played Arceus.
>>
>>56673209
A lot of the cut for ORAS features probably would have made it too. Atleast Soaring as that seems like something thats still incomplete by ORAS.
The stuff that is leftover feature wise seems very feasible for them in a year. I mean literally did make useful riding right after anyway.

>>56673276
XY is a weird game, I think despite its reputation is a game you should play once. Its short anyway. Even if a lot of its good has gone to the wind as its online was half of it.
There's glimmers of greatness that go nowhere or are ultimately still too flawed in their current state. There's a reason why there was this "whats next" sorta tone at the time.
A lot of it is still unique to itself to this day.

Well maybe ZA will embody a lot of it and this statement will be proven wrong.
>>
thank you for being the beta test for sun/moon
>>
>>56672472
I'm sorry half of the game was scrapped making these the worst games until SwSh and BDSP came along and proved no matter how bad things can get, it can always be worse.
>>
File: 1673261049413791.png (104 KB, 536x408)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
I'm sorry for jerking it to Shauna THAT much
>>
>>56672472
It's bad from the start due to all the Kanto pandering that stripped it from an identity.
>>
>>56673459
You shouldn't be, she's prime time 12 year old pussy.
>>
>>56673417
shit and mid were rushed out for the 20th anniversary and still garbage in usum
>>
>>56672472
Maybe one day we'll get a "completed" XY. on gba")
>>
>>56673485
last pokemon games that weren't a mess, people shitstir in bad faith when they were objectively decent. we are still waiting for a sun/moon equivalent for consoles, maybe one day it will happen and we can say gens 8 and 9+ were just the beta tests for it
>>
>>56673566
sm are absolute dogshit lmao.
>still waiting for a sun/moon equivalent for consoles
gaylar was exactly that lol. just as linear and full of shitty cutscenes as gen7. an ugly upscale 3ds game. they’re both trash for the same reasons
>>
>>56673611
even if you think all 3d pokemon games are garbage which they kind of are, they can still be ranked and s/m is the best of the 4
>>
I only hate these games more now that they gutted everything to get it out on time
>>
You were robbed, Kalos, and I'm sorry you had to suffer for it. I like you better than Alola though still.
>>
>>56672472
For what? The fact they cut all of the good mons and left in nothing but utter dog shit makes the game look even worse.
>>
>>56672609
>Kalos is the most soulful region
Hardly, having a ton of cut features doesn't suddenly make what we got soulful.
>>
>>56672609
>soulful
Nigger, Kalos is literally a soulless region, gamefreak left the games' soul on the cutting room floor.
>>
Was any deepest lore about it found?
>>
>>56672609
how is it SM's fault? instead of moving on to gen 6 they decided to make BW2 which was unnecessary
>>
>>56674521
The flowers on the elite four mural represent the "nine races of human" or some shit.
>>
>>56674496
No they didn’t.
>>
>>56672472
for what exactly?
>>
>>56672472
The anime was the best part of gen 6
>>
>>56673209
yea i really hope one day for a definitive edition
>>
>>56677385
XY was the definitive edition.
>>
I’m sorry GameFreak doesn’t know what the fuck they’re doing.
>>
>>56672472
>apologize
For what? Kalosvirgins have been crying for a decade over how XY was supposed to be one of "LE BEST GAMESIN THE SERIES", but had all its unique and redeeming qualities cut after the supposed traumatic experience GF suffered after BW. Now, it turns out that nothing at all substantial was cut, proving XY was always meant to become the boring slop we know today.

If anything, XY fans should be the ones apologizing after the insuffrable screeching they've subjected us to all these years

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.