[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: sexo.jpg (3.87 MB, 3085x4047)
3.87 MB
3.87 MB JPG
I haven't actually played a pokemon game since I beat X/Y when I was a kid. I heard some of the newer games varied pretty wildly in quality, but I would like to pick one of the less shitty ones. I was thinking maybe BDSP, but if there's another game I'm overlooking I'd love to know.
>>
SV are the best pokemon games since Gen 5. SwSh is dogshit.
>>
>>56687290
BDSP is a dogshit game, PLA is alright.
>>
>>56687290
didn't read, edit a belly button piercing onto her now
>>
>>56687290
Scarlet and Violet are awful from a QA perspective but I've had more fun with them than pretty much any other modern pokemon game.
PLA was a great game, but a lot of the mechanics stray from the traditional pokemon formula so don't expect the normal pokemon experience.
Sw/Sh were okay using the tradional pokemon experience but the story was dogshit and the "rivals" were just obnoxious as characters.
>>
>>56687290
PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLA GET PREGNANT GET PREGNANT GET PREGNANT GET PREGNANT GET PREGNANT
>>
>>56687409
>awful from a QA perspective
how bad are we talking?
>>
>>56687290
I recommend UltraSun and UltraMoon
>>
>>56688335
Terrible lag spikes, pop-ins, occasional crashes but they're pretty rare. It's not a good game but it's an incredibly fun game
>>
>>56688335
Bad. The entire world pops in sometimes, not just like, a few trees. No you see the map disappear for a few frames when you turn the camera sometimes. Framerate chugs around 20 something. Multi-second freezes before resuming at times. It's rough. But I do agree with the other anon that it's a fun game. Lots to do and explore, has a good "game loop"
>>
unironically the remakes, despite being lazy are kinda fun
>ORAS
>BDSP
>LetsGoP/E

everything thats actually a new game is a hot mess and bloated with cutscenes and trash
>>
>>56688388
>>56688350
>>56688341
>>56688416
also to be clear, since i forgot to mention it, im specifically looking at the switch games. or at least id prefer them. I actually have a physical alpha sapphire cart, but i just havent gotten around to playing it since im currently in a separate state than my 3DS. i've heard "BDSP are trash" in a few places now, but nobody has said why
>LetsGoP/E
arent those weird sidegames like pokemon ranger?
>>
>>56688497
>arent those weird sidegames like pokemon ranger?
No, they're effectively Yellow remakes with a slightly altered story and Pokemon GO catching mechanics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuYzq6OFE1c&ab_channel=Mixeli
>>
>>56687290
jesus christ I'm such an old man that x/y is a newer game
>>
>>56688497
Get your choice of Scarlet or Violet. Give them an honest chance and you'll have a lot of fun. I lost interest in pokemon right around Sun and Moon, Violet reignited the passion I'd lost for the franchise. The story starts light but gets pretty heavy by the end, the main characters actually develop, traveling and backtracking doesn't suck, EV berries are plentiful, if you have balltism and get the DLC you'll have more apricorn balls than you'll ever need.
>>
>>56688566
see that's what i thought too, then i popped in my Y cart to bring my collection into pokemon home and realized a good portion of my boxes were caught more than a decade ago :(
>>
>>56687290
Play X/Y with the self-discipline of an adult to change up your team several times throughout the playthrough, including boxing your starter. If you start stomping all battles box your MVP and get something new. It's a rushed Pokemon game people who play the games constantly with an understanding of all the mechanics find too easy, but X/Y had the largest regional dex at launch and there's a lot to catch. Spoiler: If you use Honedge or any Ghost type at the Fighting 3rd Gym it has no moves to hit you with. Now that you know that the Gym can be challenging without a full immunity. There's retarded oversights and offset level scaling like that which is different from the bare minimum polish of prior games, so you have to play it differently. Don't use items in battle as the game, and really all Pokemon games, are too easy if you do. Keep items in your bag to heal so you don't have to go back to the pokemon center halfway through a route.

If you don't want any self-imposed rules then play original Sun/Moon. It has a human character as the climatic boss fight with unique story-only battle mechanics applied to a full good movesets team instead of a Lv70 legendary that is overpowered unless you use a Lv5 Zorua's ability to trick the legendary's AI for several turns. Everyone loves the characters of Gen 7 but absolutely hates all the cutscenes, so many
people have never done a second voluntary playthrough. USUM was marketed with ULTRA CHANGES and then everyone who bought the game sat through another 20 hours of mostly the same unskippable cutscenes just for some additional post-game content that felt like a patch. Do your 1 playthrough to join the club and gain firsthand knowledge to shitpost and complain with.

Suggesting these will probably lead to something like
>XYfag
>aloladefender
Yes and Yes. All Pokemon games are different flavors of shit, but OP is asking to play a VI+ game and they are better than the Switch games.
>>
>>56688626
XY were good, but they werent hard enough imo
>>
>>56687290
>Are any of the newer games worth playing?
No. If you really need a fix play palworld or download a crystal rom to your phone. Anything new will just leave you with disappointment.
>>
>>56687302
I like to tell people this is the game with the most missed potential. It has a fun formula but it is held back by SO many things.

Still fun tho, you'd need to try it to judge by yourself.
>>
>>56687290
Essentially, no.

The best games remain HGSS and BW2.
It sucks, I'd really like more games that actually have content, but that's the way of it.
inb4 cope
>>
Buy SV, make a living dex, deposit it to HOME and get your mega rare shiny Meloetta. That should be enough content for couple of weeks for you.
>>
>>56687290
If you're not a kid, I suggest you play any game in 6th gen or later by rotating your whole team every gym or two. You get to try more stuff out and don't get overleveled. That made all the newer games very fun for me on each first playthrough. I've been playing since Red came out, for reference, so I probably seem old as fuck to you.
>>
>>56689145
you're not that much older than me, my first game was LeafGreen, and the first game I played on-release was Pearl
>>56689101
that's what I feared desu
>>56689119
>make a living dex
?
>>
>>56689214
living dex is having a pokemon in the box for every one in the dex. So you don't just have one Bulbasaur that you evolved twice. You get a Venusaur, Ivysaur, and a Bulbasaur and stick em in the box.
>>
alright thanks anons for your comments. thinking i'm going to go with violet, and if i feel like playing more later i'll just replay some old titles
>>
File: 1729196385940450.jpg (1.26 MB, 3500x2405)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>56687290
PLA is alright, SV is worth it for the DLC, and maybe USUM if you really want to suffer through Alola's cutscene bloat for the good parts. BDSP is dogshit unless you mod it to death and there is genuinely nothing redeemable about the rest.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.