[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: PokemonEmeraldBox.jpg (29 KB, 316x316)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
Do you think they will ever make a remake of Emerald/Platinum someday?
>>
>>56689782
No, you can expect a shovelware open field simulator like PLA, though.
>>
>>56689782
Yes, by ILCA
>>
>>56689782
I hope not, they will fail
>>
>>56689800
How? If you could get the "GBA Sounds" before the end of the game, it'd be a direct upgrade over normal Emerald
>>
File: riolusigh.png (4 KB, 200x200)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>56689782
anything they could possibly do to these games, implying they would be the ones to develop them, and not ILCA, would simply ruin what's left of them.

you're better off playing difficulty hacks like Inclement Emerald or Renegade Platinum. I haven't played the former, but I know the latter isn't likely to fuck with what made the formula good in the first place.
>>
>>56689782
go play renegade platinum its the true gen 4 remake lul
>>
>>56690065
ILCA is shit Gamefreak is better. Grab an escape rope remakes are done. Legends is better anyways.
>>56689797
Gamefreak made the better remakes
>>
File: bdsm.jpg (41 KB, 739x415)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>56689782

I'd rather not have a remake of Emerald than have this bomb again called BDSP.
>>
File: Y.png (414 KB, 862x1508)
414 KB
414 KB PNG
>>56689782
Why does Gamefreak hate sinnoh? We deserve a remake
>>
>>56690990
was bdsp really bad or just redundant
>>
>>56689782
Yeah it's called Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire/Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl
>>
>>56691822
I mean we got a different Pokémon Yellow remake called LGPE (LPLE in Japanese), so it’s always possible.
>>
it will be ugly shit juzt like every remake in 3d
>>
>>56691843
>LPLE in Japanese
?
>>
>>56690994
We got a good Sinnoh remake. It's called PLA.
>>
>>56689782
A proper remake by GameFreak? Probably not, though modders and hackers will add all the Emerald and Platinum features to ORAS and BDSP eventually. Not sure if Sigma Platinum or Luminescent Platinum have added the Distortion World yet.
>>
>>56691796
I played them, and while I can get over the underwhelming graphics. What I can't is how they destroyed the balance by forcing the EXP share and friendship mechanics in a game that wasn't balance for it, and because of it everything othwr than the Elite Four is a cakewalk. Also, why the fuck did they remove the back button in the poketch!?
>>
>>56689782
Of course not, because Emerald contains the Battle Frontier, and god knows we know Game Freak is allergic to it nowadays.
>>
No, Gamefreak hates third versions now.
>>
>>56689782
We got ORAS and BDSP, they both suck.
>>
>>56692756
>destroyed the balance by forcing the EXP share and friendship mechanics
My hot take is that I like the EXP share and capture experience because it incentivizes capturing more stuff. You don't have to maintain the same team of six mons the whole game while being forced to grind if you pick something up late in the game or swap someone out halfway. You can easily train up more than just six pokemon, reach the end, and pick from maybe 20-30 pokemon to form your final team. It's great, and I think more in the spirit of how Pokemon is meant to be played.

I don't like the affection mechanic though. It slows down battles and makes them feel super one-sided when you get all these asspulls to save you. I would like it more if certain NPCs could use it too.
>>
>>56689782
idc

why would I want or need an Emerald remake, especially seeing what they did with ORAS?
>>
Emerald is the peak of the series.
>>
>>56690994
Pokecucks are the only fanbase where they beg for remakes instead of properly calling the developers lazy for creating remakes instead of dedicating resources into new titles
>>
>>56689797
They could do it right,
>>
>>56692684
PLA is a spin-off and may as well be a different region with how ugly and gutted it is. It didn’t replace a remake at all.
>>
>>56689782
They won't remake the third games.
If we DO get a third wave of remakes (since Pokemon Let's Go is just Yellow mk2) watch them strip the eventual GS and RS of further content.
>>
>>56689782
No, but 10 years from now you'll be able to upload the roms and all the concept art/design docs into an AI and it'll spit out a full complete remake that looks like playing an anime

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.