[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: gen1.png (634 KB, 1140x830)
634 KB
634 KB PNG
>gen 1 pokemon ranked by how good they are in game
Do you agree?
>>
no
>>
>>56692359
Nidoking is in S solely because of his insane coverage and the horn drill abuse you can do.
>>
>>56692359
Idk, don’t like gen 1. Do gen 3 like RSE without national dex.
>>
>>56692359
>ditto not d
>>
>>56692359
What game did you make this list for? The power of most Pokemon vary between games.
>>
>>56692359
Some pokemon you rank highly are bad in game because they get decent moves too late or evolve too late.
I used Dragonite and Arcanine recently and they were useless through most of the game for those reasons.
>>
>>56692359
we hate kanto shit here
>>
>>56692359
mad disagree with parasect's placement
sure it has 3 x4 weak moves, but spore and access to dig and base 80 special solar beams and mega drains are actually insane. definitely low C tier, not low B.
>>
>>56692570
Arcanine is really good, bulky, fast, intimidate, good moves, it sounds like you just evolved growlithe too early which if you do yeah it won't be that good
I understood that for Dragonite but it's still such a beast I had to put it high up. The availability is why I didn't put it in S
>>56692562
Mainly was thinking about RBY & FRLG but if I was unsure about where to place one I took how good it is in future gens into consideration
>>
>>56692359
In-game Blastoise is the best water-type in gen 1 thanks to accessibility and experience rate. By the time you have Gyarados(Level 20), you will have a Level 29 Wartortle, and the gap widens a bit further over time. With that level advantage Blastoise outperforms Gyarados handily.
>>
>>56692359
tiers are for queers
>>
>>56692602
so you admit its a completely meaningless chart then, cool
>>
>>56692359
I'm currently going to Cinnabar in FRLG, and Golduck feels better than Fearow. In fact, Farfetch'd feels like a slightly better Fearow, but that may be until the latter learns Drill Peck.

Also, I got luck that the first male Cubone I found had a Thick Club, so Marowak is definitely above B with the item.
>>
>>56692359
>tfw all of the pokemon i used in my first gen1 playthrough are A tier
>>
>>56692359
Sandslash should be at least A tier if this is for RBY. You teach it dig in cerulean city and it learns slash at level 17, evolves at level 22, so at level 22 you have a pokemon with base 100 attack, a 100 power stab move, and a ~140 power coverage move (because slash always critical hits). It also learns swords dance, body slam, and rock slide by tm if you want to go that route but really all it needs is slash and dig
>>
File: 1532629124196.jpg (31 KB, 200x160)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>56692359
>Mewtwo in S tier
>Is only available in the postgame, when there is nothing left to do.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.