[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Untitled.png (145 KB, 1530x352)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
Is any of this true lore?

Why do companies have to make everything about sex or demonology?

Source of pic:
https://zzzchan.xyz/b/thread/221886.html
>>
It was in one of the filklore drafts in the leak. Doesnt mean its canon at all. Its very apparent that while some aspects of the drafts were absolutely kept, most of of them weren't.
>>
>>56705539
>It was in one of the filklore drafts in the leak.
This. There were multiple drafts, and most of them contradict each other, so very few of them can even be canon, if any
>>
File: file.png (115 KB, 555x550)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>56705493
Not anymore it ain't.
>>
>>56705581
kinda like the new testament of the bible
maybe thats what they were going for?
>>
>>56707919
>headcanon
>>
File: PokemonAlchemisCircle.png (883 KB, 1280x1024)
883 KB
883 KB PNG
>>56707944
actually an update of this.
>>
>>56707955
based on headcanon
>>
>>56707992
Also the placement of the actual leaked circle is semi-canon, due lack of giratina.
>>
>>56707955
Wow, that one is horribly wrong.
>>
>>56707919
wrong as we know now, but a lot was right.
sure we don't know the current version and even if there was one... as fast as arceus is shitting out new legenaries this chart does not hold enough spaces for them.

not having celebi in there is actually smart.
this thing is from the future and therefore was not part of the creation. even matsuda himself did it wrong.

>>56707955
>adding mewtwo in it
>>
>>56708125
Yeah, this was made way before the leak; though I'm surprised myself that I got the weather and lake trio placement right.
>>
>>56705493
>demonology
its not demonology what the fuck are you talking about
pokemon have always been a cross between yokai, wild/domestic animals,gods, and spirits. the mythology in games therefore is more or less animist.
>sex
a lot of the lore around arceus and the other more divine pokemon are reflective of a mix-match of legends and folklore about deities and godly figures. these have always included gods having offspring, often with humans. the only reason why it seems weird is because most of the western audience for these games misses the point on what a pokemon is and misinterpret them as cool-looking pets. but pokemon representing everything from concepts to animals to gods its inevitable that worldbuilding will include some stories that have some kind of vaguely sexual element, in this case a god having offspring.

I dunno what you expect really. People complain day in day out about everything being dumbed down and sanitised but when a company considers adding lore that has similarities with irl folklore and mythologies the same people complain that suddenly its too far and too demonic and too sexual and whatever. Get a grip lmfao.
>>
File: 1000152664.png (29 KB, 1500x1000)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
DON'T LISTEN TO THE FALSE GOD'S LIES! AUS WILL PERISH!
>>
>>56705493
>demonology
The Satanic Panic was over 2 decades ago, Anon. Your Christ didn't win that one, you gotta move on.

>>56708315
>pokemon have always been a cross between yokai, wild/domestic animals,gods, and spirits. the mythology in games therefore is more or less animist.
>sex
To a Christcuck, anything not Christian is all demons 'n' shit, and sex is an evil thing you have to apologize for enjoying.
>>
>>56708315
>>56708606
The Abra line is the closest thing I can find to demonology in Pokémon, not counting the other non‐game media (animé Misty scaring Gastly with a cross, etc).
Then again, you also have that supposed inspiration with Uri Geller there, an Israeli psychic, with Kadabra’s Japanese name being Yungerer.
And I can understand that, looking how people reacted to D&D, or hell even Megaten.
>>
>>56705493
That guy just cherrypicked random parts of several different beta folk stories (at least three/four of them, some of which directly contradict each other) and stitched them together to make his headcanon

So if want to consider that "true lore" then go ahead my man
>>
File: file.png (119 KB, 623x623)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>>56707919
a little update
Replaced Hoopa with Marshadow (thinking of replacing Jirachi with Victini)

Added Monsters of man to the outside of the circle.
>>
>>56708347
Man even in Pokémon gnostics are idiots. Yo ass clowns Regigigas is not the Black Titan. Giratina and Eternatus seem to be related to it go worship that.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.