[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_7947.png (668 KB, 1268x1038)
668 KB
668 KB PNG
Is anyone confused or worried about the possibility of the Gen 5 remake?

>leaks come out
>no mention of Gen 5 besides source code and lore
>Gen 5 gets a bad rap because of no Kantomons in one of the leaked internal discussions
>They never wanted to make a traditional Gen 4 remake, instead wanted to do PLA
>Get cold feet and worry about consumer reaction, thus asking ILCA to throw together a cashgrab 1 to 1 DP remake, excluding Platinum
>Pokémon already moving on to Gen 6 with PLZA

What does that mean for us Unovabros…

My personal dream remake scenario is an FFVII scope remake. They’ll never fucking do that, but just imagine how fucking cool that would be.
>>
>>56718791
They stopped wanting to do remakes, outsourced BD/SP was a nail to the coffin.
>>
>>56718795
I’d be completely fine with that, but then why don’t they just re release old titles?
>>
>>56718851
We may see them pivot to that in the future, but BW has the Dream World nonsense they'd also have to figure out what to do with now.

I suspect the only reason we haven't had Gens 1 through 3 on the NSO app is Game Freak wants to charge for the games instead of getting a percentage of NSO subscription money.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.1 MB, 2000x1600)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB GIF
>>56718893
Yeah that’s true. They might have to figure out Pokémon Home viability and shit like that. NSO might block how that works?

Regardless, just port Emerald, FRLG, HGSS, BW1/2 and I’ll give GF all my money
>>
>>56718791
Lord no FFVII Remake is shit. I’d rather play BDSP than that.
>>56718893
I’d rather own my games than pay a shitty subscription service
>>
>>56719036
I doubt Home interacting with NSO would be too much of an issue since they got bank to interact with the 3DS releases.

They'd have to disable save state functionality but I can't imagine that'd be hard.

More likely Game Freak just doesn't agree to the subscription money idea as opposed to a flat purchase. They're hardly alone in that front, a lot of companies are missing from the NSO apps and Nintendo keeps ending up licensing old Jaleco and DATA East games half of the time.
>>
>>56719046
he didnt say he wanted the games remade with the ff7 gameplay you fucking retard he said he wanted a remake that totally reimagined the games in the same vein as the ff7 remake but he's a retard also so he doesnt know how to convey feelings without comparing to other consumer products
>>
>>56718791
>Musclefag has shit taste
Why am I not surprised.
>>
>>56719088
the nso games are totally different from VC. VC wasn't an interface for a library. It was just a brand. NSO apps are just emulators for roms. They'd have to release the VC editions of those games and, idk how the code behind all that works I just assume the VC editions of gen 1 and 2 were ports rather than emulated roms.
>>
>>56719096
It wa just an easy comparison of scale :(
>>
>>56719096
Skibidy retard I wasn’t talking about the gameplay I was talking about it as a whole. BDSP > FFVII Retard

Tho no cap I want a Gen V remake like ORAS
>>
>>56719170
that doesnt make sense. a high budget remake of gen v would be kino
>>
what would be the actual point of a gen 5 remake?
>hurr to make money
literally any game they put out will make money

gen 5 already plays close enough to modern Pokemon that there's nothing that they could really add to it
>>
>>56719203
What high quality? Remake was shit and underperformed. ORAS > FFVII Remake
>>
Hump
>>
File: file.png (521 KB, 962x1038)
521 KB
521 KB PNG
>>56718791
Edited out the lesbian shit.
>>
>>56720732
Thanks
>>
>>56720767
Np, yw :^).

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.