[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: BW.jpg (202 KB, 1337x599)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
It's incredible how many design philosophy changes can be traced back to the backlash against these games.
>>
>>56764844
Boomers only have themselves to blame
>>
Southern Kalos
>>
>>56764844
>there was backlash about the piss easy difficulty
>gen 7+ has the hardest games in the series

>there was backlash against the nonexistent exploration and constant railroading
>gen 8+ has more exploration and nonlinearity

>there was backlash against the constant tutorials
>tutorials in gen 8+ are optional or very brief now

>there was backlash against the terrible animations
>gen 6+ has drastically higher quality context specific animations for all the pokemon

>there was backlash against leaving out features to put them in the dream world
>gen 6 and 7 put berry farming/secret bases in the actual games

huh....you're right
>>
>>56765556
>Baby tier hallway simulators
>gen 8 was literally a straight line the whole way through
>Had to exclude gen6&7 from the tutorial part
>Comparing 2D and 3D animations, as if gen 6+ don't have shit animations like tail whip or double kick.
>Every single gen has been stripping features out since gen 6
Gen 6+ have been a disaster. Despite it's faults gen 5 was not bad and everything since has been an over correction.
>>
>>56764844
this thread is going to be filled with cordial, intelligent and respectful discussion.
>>
>>56765556
hi yawnfag
>>
>>56765617
Brockbros-...
>>
>>56764844
>The last games to have a tighter regional dex
>The last games to not overly pander as part of it's identity
>The last games to introduce a sizable amount of NEW Pokemon
>The last games to have a sizable postgame
grim
>>
>>56765590
>Every single gen has been stripping features out since gen 6
Gen 5 doesn't even have proper berry growing. Got rid of good shit like Wifi Plaza, Got rid of following Pokemon and fucked up wifi battles.
>You can plant in da D-Dream World
You never played that shit or else you would know the retarded restrictions it had. Wore than DPPt's transfer restriction. Dream World was ass.
>as if gen 6+ don't have shit animations like tail whip or double kick
Anon, my dear retard, the animations for double kick in Gen 6 is the same as it was in Gen 5. THAT'S what makes them bad. Meanwhile, we didn't even know how some parts of a Pokemon worked until they were in 3D because 2D twine animations re-used (whoops!) from Gen 4 just made them look uncanny.
>Despite it's faults gen 5
Despite it's *many* faults.

Gen 7 aside, Gen 6 was just better. If you're a fag for 2deep4u stories then I have no idea why you feel stuck to a franchise like Pokemon to the point of seething about it for a fucking decade.

Get a job.

>>56765644
>tighter regional dex
What does this even mean? And you have to have Pokemon worth catching.
>overly pander
Damn so strange that Pokemon is pandering to Pokemon. You mean a region with it's own identity? In what way, the !Hitmonchan and !Hitmonlee or the !Zubat? Probably the !Machop!
>new pokemon
you think quality is better than quantity and that should tell people everything they need to know.
>sizable postgame
Which was even then a downgrade from the generation before it.
>>
>>56765644
>The last games to have repetitive wild encounters
>The last games to lazily reskin old Pokemon while regurgitating Kanto's formula of collecting 8 badges to enter victory road to fight the elite 4 again
>The last games to pad out the dex by throwing in a bunch of lazy copy/pasted designs
>The last games to pointlessly lock and railroad content to after the credits
grim indeed
>>
>>56765664
>What does this even mean?
a regional dex that wasn't bloated with a dozen encounters per route, each route felt more meaningful as you steadily unlocked a handful of new lines, personal i think the switch gen strategy of throwing 50 lines at you right at the start isn't as fun.
>Damn so strange that Pokemon is pandering to Pokemon
Don't be obtuse, stuff like "Charizard Bridge" that yawnfag brings up is nothing compared to getting a Kanto starter & all the other stuff i dont even need to get into.
>!Hitmonchan and !Hitmonlee or the !Zubat? Probably the !Machop!
They fulfill similar niches yes, it's obvious they "rebooted" a lot of old mons, but they look different, many have different typings, are based on different animals/myths, etc. Swoobat is probably the most egregious but even then it has a completely different movepool from Golbat and is Psychic/Flying rather than Poison/Flying
>you think quality is better than quantity
i'll assume you meant the inverse since i was praising the quantity, but I largely like most of the Unovamons, and even with its duds I definitely prefer it to the new "There's ~80 new Pokemon and 20 regional/mega/paradox/whatever other bullshit they cook up" don't act like Kalos/Alola/Galar/Paldea dexs are some bastion of quality in favor of quantity, plenty of shitters in those dexs too.
>Which was even then a downgrade from the generation before it.
Sure, but this doesn't keep me from criticizing the latter gens from continuing the trend and far worse at that.
>>
>>56765556
>>56765664
Three. Bullets.
>>
>>56764844
In hindsight you just realize Junichi ran out of ideas and steam and it was never going to get better post-Gen IV no matter how much time and effort they'd put in to proceeding gens.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.