[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (876 KB, 876x657)
876 KB
876 KB PNG
>He doesn't play on a 20in+ broadcast video monitor

May as well not even game at this point.
>>
>he doesn't play on a 35" LCD with CRT shaders
I've got a PVM, don't even use it anymore.
>>
>>10855459
Same thing happened to me.
>>
>>10855353
Based
>>10855459
Yikes
>>
>>10855459
That looks awful compared to my PVM with RGB on original hardware.
>>
File: crt comparison.jpg (2.5 MB, 4032x3024)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB JPG
>>10855516
I compared my shader to my PVM and I thought it was close enough to be fine. Having a screen almost twice as big is worth the minor visual difference.
>>
>>10855516
stop lying
>>
>>10855874
Stop coping. I swear filterfags are the worst posts on this board.

None of them have ever played on a CRT with proper cables and calibration. I say this as someone with 4 PVMs, 1 BVM, 1 consumer trinitron, 2 OLEDs and 1 QD-OLED monitor.

Yes you are an idiot for playing modern AAA games on a CRT but you are missing out if you aren't playing retro games on one.
>>
>>10856021
I've got a 20" PVM, every console RGB, and I still just use retroarch. I get that you spend a lot of money so you need to justify it, but my PVM was 20 bucks, so I don't have the same buyer's remorse.
>>
>>10855353
>I own a tv
me too, same with billions of people. Want to talk about anything else?
>>
>>10856051
All of my CRTs were under $50.
>>
I love how this board has reached the point where indicating that you own anything related to old games (or other vintage gaming-adjacent tech, like old computers or monitors), other than an emubox with a modern monitor, and it will instantly set off seethe. You could post a photo of a damaged Madden 95 manual from your childhood, and somebody would feel compelled to chime in about how they can just download PDF scans of the exact same manual for free, so you're literally a fucking retard for owning the actual manual.
>>
>>10855459
>LCD

Lag. Input lag. Laaaaaag.

You have to play retro games on CRTs. Plenty of these old games require split-second reflexes. I'm willing to put up with ZERO input lag while playing these old games.
>>
>>10856283
ok boomer
>>
>>10856174
Feels like poorfag cope. With how expensive retro games and equipment are no one will blame someone for going the emu route, but internally those who emulate know they are getting a lesser experience so they come in threads like these and try to start shit.
>>
>>10856283
You know the input lag introduced from LCD's is largely due to shitty analog to digital conversion, right? Even autists that play CRT games competitively or speedrun them will use LCD's nowadays if the setup is correct
>>
>>10856174
>>10856319
It's spics and niggers invading this board trying to drive down the price of retro so that they can resell like sneakers, and coping/seething at how poor they are. Meanwhile, in another window on their 2020 macbook air, an emulated retro game sits at the title screen.
>>
>>10856318
ok zoomer
>>
>>10856330
Cope post
>>
>He didn't buy an old drive-in theatre just to play video games on a 200ft dispaly

ngmi
>>
File: 300tvl.jpg (2.98 MB, 4137x3192)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB JPG
>>10856021
The Megatron/Cyberlab shader is pretty much perfect
You are full of shit

Only thing that is missing is the motion clarity
>>
>>10856283
G-sync gets you less lag than original hardware if you emulate
>>
>>10855353
>broadcast
It's not. It's the exact opposite of a broadcast. Why did you use that word incorrectly?
>>
>>10856174
Didn't ask
>>
>>10856021
>>10856174
>>10856319
This whole samefag exchange is embarrassing cope.
>I waste money on plastic crap and no one takes it seriously waaaah I'm being oppressed
Literally no one cares what you do, you're more than welcome to do it, but you're like vegans, you stand in the middle of street and scream about it constantly. You wasted a thread on this board talking about irrelevant plastic garbage you own and then pissed yourself when you got clapped back. You act like you're being attacked because someone said "I emulate on an LCD", you desperately need to be unique and special (like a vegan). And you fixate so much on needless technical trivialities for bragging rights, muh rgb muh latency, you never spend a single second of the day actually appreciating and enjoying the games you own. It's just pointless autism and there's nothing about it worthy of respect. Take the L, move on.

Closing this tab because there's nothing interesting to talk about here, I hope you personally find something to spend your day on besides artificially constructing a personality around plastic.
>>
>>10857282
>Closing this tab because there's nothing interesting to talk about here

L
>>
About to sell my pvm and just get an oled, is ebay local pickup the easiest way? Everyone tells me shipping tubes is a bitch.
>>
>>10857282
Utterly embarrassing post.
>>10857793
It's possible to ship them if you package them extremely well (one I received years ago was double boxed with packaging peanuts inside both boxes, and it arrived unscathed), but people seem so desperate for them these days that you'd probably have good luck with a local pickup listing on craigslist or on a Facebook group
>>
>>10857793
Why on Earth would you sell an asset that will only increase in value for one that will only decrease?

Double so if you like old video games.
>>
>>10858853
It takes up space, I'm not appreciating it, It could fail or be damaged. It's simply not about the value for me.
>>
>>10856283
>Lag. Input lag. Laaaaaag.
it's 2024 and people still pretend runahead doesn't exist
>>
>>10855459
This is me too...
>>
PVMs are overkill for games, really. You have to fiddle with convergence to make the lines thicker or else they end up looking like trash with gaps between each scanline like in OP's pic.
>>
I'd take a nice 32"+ consumer CRT over a 20" PVM. People that play on 14" or even 8" PVMs are unbelievably cucked.
>>
Don't mind me here...
Just me decapitating a crtfag. They're annoying and rotten like a zombie!
>>
>>10855353
No point in owning a BVM or PVM, if you have no knowledge on how to calibrate it.

>I got SMPTE Colour Bars, Bro

Your Monkey-eye can't do shit.
>>
>>10863413
Calibration might be needed after 50,000 hours of operation.

And there are plenty of places which will do it. It's also quite doable for the amateur electronics hobbyist.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.