[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Mask, The (E).png (15 KB, 256x224)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
SOMEBODY STOP ME
>>
File: Mask, The (U).png (17 KB, 256x224)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
SSSSSSSSSSSSSMOKIN'
>>
Great game but the problem is the collision. It's so fucked up playing a game like Earthworm jim or The Mask because they're well designed but it's like collision is their last priority.
>>
>>10857395
>it's like collision is their last priority
Common problem in super well animated western platformers. This also includes Genesis Aladdin
>>
>>10857257
I remember last thread
>>
>>10857257
Mr. Domino?
>>
>>10857395
I always thought the weird detection in EWJ was kinda the charm
>>
>>10860169
It's what made it frustrating. EWJ was carried by tyhe art style, music and humor.
>>
>>10857405
its ironic cuz rondo of blood is arguably the most well animated 16-bit console game (has thousands of frames) yet it plays like a dream
>>
>>10860943
I still think it was part of the charm.
>>
I never liked the movie anyway.
>>
>>10863014
you weren't alive at the time anyway.
>>
>incel has happenstance and tries to destroy the world: the game
>>
>>10863106
Thank you but I was 6 when it came out, remember seeing the previews on TV and saw it years later and was like...meh.
>>
>>10857395
Nintendo systems never had collision registers so it's kind of tricky to program for that.
>>
>>10864018
Based auster sinking deeper and deeper in his Kyoto company obsession
>>
>>10857257
... from saying SOMEBODY STOP ME
>>
>>10864050
He goes beserk when you show him SF2 on the amigay.
>>
>>10857257
>>10857259
Was this game not on Sega because the first level is dedicated to punching chirpers?
>>
I love the Mask, so I feel obligated to bump this thread.
The Super Nintendo game is fine, but it has its problems (weird level design and poor hit detection). It's a shame we didn't get more games based on the franchise. Actually, how would you adapt The Mask into a video game? Personally, I think something similar to Lego Batman 2 would be great. Just change the extra characters for special costumes.
>>
>>10864364
Cuhrazey 3D action game directed by Kamiya.
Or, a game similar to the super nintendo one but developed by Capcom.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.