[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: nah system shock.jpg (32 KB, 1280x720)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
Why deny SHODAN?
>>
>>10860650
because it is heroic
>>
>>10860650
Shodan had not really established trust
>>
>>10860650
She would absolutely backstab you. Her offer of ruling together is obviously out of desperate survival.
Also despite her sexiness, her goals are really bad for the universe
>>
I understand that she doesn't have a moral compass but even an idiot can see working with the humans is mutually beneficial. She's so comically evil in every game, I can't take her seriously.
>>
i could fix her
>>
>>10860650
Who cares? Where's the fucking Enhanced edition, you miserable fucking twats? It was supposed to be out over a year ago.
Fuck.
>>
>>10861538
>angry screaming zoomer retard can't appreciate classic game
>has conniption fit
Yeah, nothing new here.
>>
>MUH ENHANCED EDITION
the steam release works fucking fine on modern systems as is, what's the problem?
>>
>>10862013
How dare you reply to me
>>
i have played over 200 hours of this game but still can't do a OSA run only, to answer the op it's clearly because shodan is trying to trick you

what do you guys think about the remake? i think its decent but its full of little annoyances, bugs and AI being pretty bad, not to mention that the last level and bossfight are obviously unfinished despite all those times they delayed the game to "polish"
having to see an animation everytime i want to apply a patch gave me flashbacks to thief 2014
>>
>>10862475
taking away the weird bumpin midi techno soundtrack was a disgrace and the patch animations are dumb (as is the fact that they each come in an individual case like 3 times larger than the patch)
>>
>>10862485
>individual case like 3 times larger than the patch
didnt think about that, its pretty dumb, it's a sci-fi game i feel like they could've gotten away with having the patch be applied immediately and explain it as the suit doing all the work or something like that
>>
>>10861259
This is the problem with so many villains.
>>
>>10862475
I really liked it besides some minor things like the needless first person animations, but I've never played the original only SS2.
I think they recently remade the last level but I haven't bothered reinstalling to check it out though
>>
>>10862475
>what do you guys think about the remake?
Overall I'm pleasantly surprised by how little it's dumbed down and how they improved the shitty circuit panel puzzles and cyberspace. The pixelated art style is appropriate for the blocky early 90s design but the first year game design course "everything you can pick up that's actually important has a permanently glowing LED light" shit is mildly annoying and doesn't fit the alien meets 90s cyberpunk style, and they should have made the character and enemies and dead bodies fit that style as well, instead they look totally out of place like a unity asset flip. The constantly repeated first person animations are pointless and annoying, I guess that's them taking inspiration from Bioshock but.. Why? It's understandable when it's a transition like sticking your head in to the cyberspace machine, but seeing the same animation every time you pick up a log or usb stick is just annoying.
Leaning in to immersive sim mechanics from later games like drinkable pop and edible chips and weapon mod stations is fun (except stuff like the pistol mod bringing the ammo capacity back up to what it was in the original game) but I wish they'd gone further and made datapads usable for taking notes (would actually be helpful in this game) or playable gamepigs.
And the generic soundtrack fucking sucks. I don't care about your gay atmosphere, System Shock should sound like a techno rave taking place inside a melting down nuclear reactor.
Overall 7/10 doesn't make me wanna purge the Earth in flame, high praise for a modern release.
>>
>>10860650
because it's funny
>>
>>10862475
A lame remake. Not the worst remake, but enough little differences that I found it a blander experience.
My favorite is the remake changing the art direction to imitate a style the original already was. The lead was up his own ass

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.