[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I'm going in.
>>
>>10864195
An meh Kirby game. No where near as good as Superstar but is charming.
>>
>>10864195
Brimming with SOUL. But yeah the gameplay is too slow and too easy.
>>
>>10864221
That's every Kirby game. The closest one to feeling like an actual game was Superstar
>>
This series peaked with KDL and KA and everything after that is lazy and meh. Dreamland 3 has none of the charm or personality of those games.
>>
forced soul
>>
>>10864275
Meaning the original idea was that despite the cutesy audiovisuals Kirby is really this tough SOB who eats everything in his path and can use tons of cool combat moves. KDL3 just looks like a boring game for 5 year olds and totally lacks the humor, attitude, or presentation of the 8-bit Kirbys.
>>
>>10864213
>>10864286
>>10864295
vr confirmed to have no taste in gaming
>>
>>10864213
>>10864270
>Superstar
>good
No. I'm not a fan of KDL3 but I will never understand the love for Superstar, it's the worst Kirby game.
>>
>>10864195
What's with that hamster character? Why does he look like a 3d model while the rest looks like paper cutouts?
>>
Absolutely horrid thread, every single one of you will never be truly happy.
>>
>>10865559
The game was initially going to be pre-rendered like DKC, but once they made the hamster they changed their minds and couldn't be bothered to redo it.
>>
>>10866048
I think you're full of it.
>>
The Sakurai games actually feel good to play. They're fast, have great physics, a surprising depth to the combat and a high skil ceiling. But his idea for Kirby isn't very interesting, it's just a quirky world with a lot of in-jokes.
The Shinomura feel like shit too play. They're slow, sluggish, have poor level design and obtuse puzzles and collectathon elements. But they're full of charm, with a real magic to be world and characters.
>>
>>10865559
I never noticed this before but I can't unsee it. He really does look like a cel-shaded 3D model there.
>>
>>10866365
>The Sakurai games actually feel good to play.
I'm torn. On one hand, Kirby's Adventure is the best Kirby game. On the other hand, Kirby Superstar is the worst Kirby game.
>>
>>10866368
That's the original art? I'm not too familiar with Kirby games. It looks like a prank.
>>
>>10864195
american kirby has your six and will provide covering fire.
>>
>>10866416
Yeah, that's the original box art with no modification.
>>
>>10864195

Hahaha imagine if that black goo thing with that king tongue hahaha you know if it was real and it would just rim your asshole like crazy. Wouldn't that be weird? Hahaha
>>
File: coomer-2.png (17 KB, 250x208)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>10866495
>>
>>10866343
Full of wisdom and fun facts, that is.
>>
>>10864195
I like Kirby 3 because it's one of the few cases in the Kirby games where it's directly connected to another. Kirby 64 feels like a direct sequel to Kirby 3.
>>
>>10866630
>Kirby 64 feels like a direct sequel to Kirby 3.
Because it is, like how DL3 was the sequel to DL2.
>>
>>10866629
Full of shit, canook
>>
The Amazing Mirror is the only good kirby game
>>
>>10864213
Supe Star sucks. Its a bunch of short half baked experiences bundled into one. Perfect for people with zero attention span I suppose. Great cave offensive is decent though.
>>
>>10866669
Great Cave Offensive is the worst one.
>>
bump
>>
for me it's dream course and star stacker
not a contrarian, just a retard that likes arcade style games
>>
>>10864213
>An meh
>>
The handdrawn watercolor look is pure soul

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.