[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Super_Mario_Bros_2.jpg (30 KB, 220x314)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
Holy shit this feels so good to control. I will never go back to SMB1.
>>
File: finallygone.png (11 KB, 512x448)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>
>>10869862
this but SMW
>>
>>10869862
recently played both
it's a bit better but still not amazing desu
>>
>>10869862
they changed the controls because it's a different kind of platformer, it's like a proto wario land. 3, world, and later games have way less stiff controls though true.
>>10869937
lol
>>
>>10869862
Mario Forever is actually the best controlling Mario game
>>
Converting some random ass game that was promotional material for a TV station into a Mario game ended up being one of the best decisions ever.
>>
>>10869862
Yeah, I had Super Mario All-Stars, and this one was just so much more fun than the others, I could replay it forever.
>>
>>10869862
Did you know that this was originally an entirely different game known as "Doki Doki Panic"? It was changed to a Mario game for the US release.
>>
shiggy seethes to this day that the 2 best mario games are the ones he had nothing to do with - sml and smb2usa
>>
>>10870667
WHAT THE FUCK NINTENDO!
THE ENTIRE TIME I WAS PLAYING SOMETHING ELSE AND NEVER GOT SUPER MARIO BROS 2!?
>>
>>10869862
"Mario Madness" is in fact part of the title. Super Mario Bros. 2: Mario Madness. It details Mario's descent into insanity following the events of the first game.
>>
I have never played this game without choosing the princess so I wouldn't know how it controls.
>>
>>10871357
It's a slippery, floaty fun game
t. only played Luigi
>>
File: SleepingMario.gif (55 KB, 351x335)
55 KB
55 KB GIF
it was all a dream tho
>>
File: 1237917779613a.jpg (128 KB, 600x643)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>10871357
Pretty sure this was my dad watching me play the game as a young lad and exclusively choosing Toadstool
>>
if you play a mario game and dont choose mario then your a failure as a man
>>
how did mario survive after this? this game is so damn mediocre
>>
>>10869862
this is a good one, always played as peach since she could hover a bit. then i know luigi had like low-gravity high jumps, but i can't remember if mario or toad had any special abilities.
>>
As a kid I had Super Mario All Stars which I played all the time, and yet I don't think I ever put more than 30 minutes cumulatively into SMB1 (even less into Lost Levels). It just felt so OLD and clunky compared to 2 and 3. As an adult I learned to appreciate its more unwieldy physics, but you need to get good before it feels as smooth to play as the later games.
>>
>>10871838
my dad literally called me a faggot when I was under 10 and playing as the princess and he couldn't get it through his boomer mind that she can float around and it's easier than the other characters
>>
>>10872132
He was right to call you a faggot to play on easy mode. Real men are Toad mains.
>>
>>10872137
>Real men play only the way I like to play because I SAID SO, OK!
How fucktarded of you, Mr. shitbag.
>>
>>10872124

Toad's special ability is being fast at everything, and thus the most fun character to play as if you're good at the game. Mario's special ability is that he looks like Mario, so that when you play as him you feel like you're Mario.
>>
>>10872124
Toad picks stuff up faster and runs faster while carrying things.
>>
Honestly the Princess does feel a bit like easy mode - she is more slow and boring to play, I almost never use her when I play the game now.
>>
Never liked the Arabic art design in Mario 2, it's because of the art design that I've never been able to stomach playing through the game entirely, I always get sick of looking at it around World 3.
>>
It was so bad they refused to even release it as a Mario game in Japan so they rebranded it as "Doki Doki Panic" and did a bunch of sprite swaps.
>>
>>10872132
>easier than the other characters
That's why you're a faggot.
>>
>>10872156
>trying to defend yourself acting like a faggot
>getting pissy, like a faggot would
Your dad was right about you.
>>
>>10872246
Honestly if Toad wasn't in SMB2, Mario would probably be the speedrunning choice. That said I do like that he has the most balanced stats. Mario shouldn't ever feel tough to fully control

>>10872381
It's weird how the platformers are the only games where Peach actually feels like an easy mode and in shit like Smash or Mario Kart she feels like a crutch or such a technical showcase that it's hard for casuals to get into her. I feel like developers don't really know what to do with Peach

>>10872859
Funny shitpost, but the opposite actually happened. They literally did rebrand Doki Doki Panic as Super Mario USA
>>
Man I was a contrarian little shit that played toad too. I liked kid icarus and metroid. Why didn't I just like the shit you were supposed to
>>
>>10872381
Princess Peach is easy mode for little girls can play.
>>
fun fact: smb2 was originally an entirely different game called okey dokey picnic but then it got romhacked
>>
>>10874773
>okey dokey picnic
I'd play it
>>
>>10871838
>>10872132
My dad did the same but unlike you losers I asserted my dominance by ramming my face into his crotch and going "om nom nom".
>>
File: Toad Warrior.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Super Mario 2 USA is for Toad Warriors only. No fat plumbers or toadstools allowed!
>>
>>10872137
wrong. real men pick mario or luigi. two strong, masculine blue collar American patriots. only faggots and trannies picked toad or princess
>>
>>10874846
If they're American then why do they have thick Italian accents?
>>
>>10874846
>picking fat ass mario or mama luigi
>real men
yeah maybe on planet retard

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.