[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_20240421_022938_497.jpg (2.28 MB, 4080x3072)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB JPG
Maybe you guys can help me with a puzzle. I need to hit keys on this here panio and there is a note in the room about birds. I followed the order of the birds. Left > right > top > right> right but its not working. Hints would be apreashated
>>
I made a diagram of the different birds and their order
>>
>>10869957
>>10869959
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>10869971
Well the 'P' stands for pelicon, the 'D' Dove, the 'R' raven, the 'S' swan, and the 'C' crow
>>
>>10869982
still doesn't make any sense anon
>>
>>10870020
Well there's an order of birds corresponding to keys on the panio
>>
>>10870023
post a pic of the note
>>
File: IMG_20240421_021211_974.jpg (3.07 MB, 4080x3072)
3.07 MB
3.07 MB JPG
>>10870027
Part 1
>>
>>10869957
There's a lot of fake leads in this puzzle.
Try focusing on only one lead at a time.
>>
do people seriously have trouble with this puzzle?
>>
Part 2
>>
Part 3
>>
That's it
>>
File: Spoiler Image (212 KB, 500x314)
212 KB
212 KB PNG
>>10869959
Since you’re cheating by asking anyway
>>
>>10870051
I just wanted a hint to see where I was going wrong
>>
>>10870056
You’re not far off but you seem to be using keys not part of the puzzle. Click on every bloody key visible and note how many keys sound “different” versus how many birds there are and go from there.
>>
>>10869959
Not meaning to be insulting but is English your first language? Your Dove position isn’t even close to matching the clue.
>>
>>10870056
here's a hint, the thing is called a tale of birds with no voice, so you know you have to press the keys that don't sound properly, the rest is simple process of elimination
>>
>>10870065
Oh I thought those were broken keys to avoid
>>
>>10869957
I failed and then cheated at that puzzle as well, only dove getting called silent in the poem confused me as a kid.
>>
OK got through it thanks guys!
>>
>>10870076
Have fun getting spooked and make sure you’re playing in the dark with sound up loud or through headphones. Good luck
>>
>>10870076
good job, that was the hardest puzzle in the game, the rest should be easy
>>
>>10870085
>the rest should be easy
Did you forget about the zodiac signs?
>>
>>10870440
I was surprised that people had trouble with that one. It took me a while to do the piano but it didn't seem hard. The only other one I really struggled with was the valve turning puzzle, it's easier now but the first time it seemed like I was just randomly turning them until it worked. But I never really hear anyone else say they had a problem with that one.
>>
>>10870440
Man, fuck that puzzle.
>>
>>10870440
This one is really easy, first time I solved it I was just fucking around without even trying. It's a matter of observation.
>>
>>10872981
I'd argue the keypad riddle that's right after (IIRC) is more difficult, only because it's somewhat more abstract.
>>
>>10870069
That sound you heard was the piano hammers striking the lock mechanism rather than the piano strings.
>>
>>10870470
I worked out the valve puzzle, but I think people don't complain about it because random turning will solve it fairly quickly, as you found. The sliding block puzzle in Resident Evil 4 requires a similar type of logic but is much harder, so I bet that filtered a ton of people.
The Shakespeare puzzle in SH3 on hard mode is actually absurd though and I can't believe they shipped that. On medium it's so simple that I solved it without even interacting with the bookshelf, which unfortunately has the side effect of leaving the books in your inventory the entire fucking game. Very annoying to have to cycle past those all of the time.
>>
File: 1695205309252030.png (1.01 MB, 1783x438)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>>10869957
this puzzle's a lot better in japanese. it still has some unnecessary flavor stuff, but it gives you way more information.

"First is the Duck, white wings fluttering"

"Next comes a Pelican, overtaking the Duck."

"Next is a swallow, who flies higher than the Pelican."

"Arriving late is the Gull, who only manages to win against the Duck."

"And finally, the crow, neither flying nor chirping, is taking a nap. He lets out a big yawn."
>>
>>10873913
It felt like it took me just as long or even longer to do the valve puzzle than the piano one though lol. But it might've seemed longer than it really was because there wasn't a riddle to solve like with the piano.

I see people complain about the Shakespeare puzzle on hard a lot. I never bothered trying the games on hard. I didn't know you could have the books stuck in your inventory like that.

Another one I had trouble with and have seen others complain about is the juice cans in the apartments in SH2. I'm not sure what everyone else thought, but I assumed they were a consumable. Didn't think of it as being a puzzle item.
>>
>>10874292
You and I have vastly different definitions of “better”.
>>
>>10869957
It was extremely easy, and I figured it out by myself as a young teen playing it. Git gud.
>>
>black keys
>white keys
>black birds
>white birds
>>
>>10875317
anon if everyone found it as easy as you then you wouldn't be the special girl you are
>>
The important part for this puzzle is the title which iirc in english says "silent birds".

But in my language it said "birds without a voice", which doesn't make nearly as much sense since birds don't have "voices" either way, they don't have vocal cords.
>>
>>10869957
>Hints would be apreashated
Stop being a shitposting faggot and watch a youtube.
>>
>>10875685
I think the only videos you'll find just give a full solution to it. OP only wanted hints.
>>
>>10874292
I feel like the lack of "flying beyond the pelican, as far as he could" part actually makes a bit harder.
>>
>>10875489
Yes and there are keys on the piano that can't "speak."
>>
>>10875731
It gives you the same information, the bird names are just different in Japanese.

EN Pelican = JP Duck
EN Dove = JP Pelican

I think the only real different piece of information is that it explicitly tells you that the Gull (Swan) only overtakes the Duck (EN Pelican), while the english version only says it's "Next to another bird". That's not a great clue since there are 3 pairs of consecutive keys. I feel like maybe the translator thought it was too easy with that clue and tried to change it to one they thought was helpful but less obvious, maybe assuming you'd assume they were talking about two consecutive white keys.

Logically all you can know from that clue is that the Raven is last and that the Swan, Raven and Dove are all beyond the Pelican. The order of the last three keys COULD be either Swan, Dove, Raven or Dove, Swan, Raven. The clue would be fine if instead of "another bird" it said "just one other bird" or something.
>>
>>10875867
*That line gives you the same information, I mean.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.