[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: logo.png (11 KB, 350x85)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>top of the line emulation for many systems
>screen tears out its ass
why hasn't it been fixed yet?
>>
>>10870231
Why don't you fix it yourself instead of complaining like a little bitch?
>>
>>10870237
>dude just learn to code if you want to enjoy some vidya
>>
>>10870231
Also a basic UI with playlist support would be nice
>>
File: 1698253688842912.jpg (124 KB, 653x523)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>10870231
just turn on adaptative sync
>>
>>10870328
This but poorfags can't use that. We're talking about people using 15 years old GPUs and monitors
>>
>>10870328
>play retro on nonretro tech
go back
>>
>>10870231
I don't really get any.
>>
>>10870283
Buy the original hardware then?
>>
>>10870629
>dude just pay a fortune in overpriced original hardware in this bubble
>>
>>10870231
Even if you force vsync in whatever way you can, one of its worst issues is the audio sync timing. If a game strobes you'll see it easily.
>>
>>10870334
>>10870328
>>10870681
Like I said if you play a game with any sort of strobing, you're gonna see bad pacing with audio sync in. If you rely on vsync alone at >60hz you'll run too fast. So you're left with relying on Ares's audio sync or externally capping it.
>>
>>10870682
anon it sounds like you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>10870231
Which game?
>>
>>10870685
anon [random ball gargling sounds], /vr/ is subplebbit lol
>>
>>10870334
>15 year old cpu
If they had those pc they would use snes9x and call it a day.
Are is so broken with the "muhhh accuracy" and so poorly optimized not even an 8 core 3 ghz cpu can run it,why you think byuu deleted the byuu.org site along older bsnes,because that was better and worked better as a real emu should work.
Ares run at interpreter mode so run as slow can be.
>>
>>10870231
Get a gsync or freesync monitor, read the ares documentation, and set it up correctly faggot.

No tearing or stuttering for me. Because I set it up right.
>>
>>10871052
must feel fun speaking in riddles all the time
>>
what consoles does ares do well? Not feeling like moving on from retroarch
>>
>>10870237
>HOW DARR YOU TO COMPLAIN THINGS!!

Dilate.
>>
I noticed that it seems to mess up some PAL games too, actually centers them wrong, cutting off parts of the image.
>>
>>10871285
n64 and snes
>>
>>10870231
I started using it to launch shit from Playnite. It's convenient but my laptop is struggling with fucking GBA games and I did notice some significant screen tearing.

It was lagging out the ass with Alien Hominid. Should I just delete this fucking shit and try something else?

Talking about configuring it correctly and what not is bullshit, plenty other emulators work without messing around in the settings. I just went for this because it handles several platforms.
>>
>>10872373
mgba is more accurate then this shit when it comes to gba games,snes9x runs several games better and use less resources also accuracy is almost the same.
If you want a multiplatform emu just use mednafen portable,it handles more stuff and has good shaders.
>>
Lot of people with shitty pc's around here. If you're processor is at all modern you should have no problem with ares.
>>
>>10871954
sms/genesis and pc engine too
>>
>>10872597
retard
>>
>>10872394
>snes9x runs several games better
Which?
>>
>>10870283
Yup. You're not retarded, are you?
>>
>>10873458
Around 90% of snes library in last update with same level of accuracy.
>>
>>10870231
>Try to play kat's run on any emulator of the furry troon,it works the same as zsnes but slower.
>use snes9x,run the game without issues at all.
wow!? i wasn't expecting that from the super accurate emulator.
>>
>>10871206
Lol, riddles.

Yeah enjoy your tearing.
>>
>>10870231
Most of the effort in ares is going toward core development rather than improving performance or usability or the addition of features. On the one hand this means that all cores will (ideally) work similar to each other and will eventually be highly accurate, since they're all mostly being written from scratch without relying on old code from other emulators. However, it means usability for most users takes a backseat. I expect someday it'll be ready for primetime (and good thing too - RetroArch is in need of a worthy competitor), but it is not today.
>>
Works on my machine
>>
>>10874862
the only docs I'm finding are for higan and require you to change config files and warn you that even if you enable that you'll still have problems
what a shitty piece of software
>>
>>10874845
at least snes9x has a sane standalone version, for genesis you either have to settle for ares or retr*ach because blastem's standalone ver sucks ass
>>
>>10875716
naahh for megadrive i just use the classic gens32 surreal,not bad,runs every game i tested without issues,the only game it couldn't run was paprium and the other game the rpg one.
love adding custom pics for the backgorund,it makes it better (blastem has issues with joysticks along looking meehhh!!),if i want a multiemu i use bizhawk or mednafen which run better and look better.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.