[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: SonyPlayStation2.jpg (57 KB, 619x930)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
the playstation 2 is such a crazy entertainment device
using it a lot recently again after so long has reminded me of that
playing final fantasy vii on it, then plugging in my beatmania iidx controller and having a pretty uncompromised arcade experience playing rhythm games, then plugging in a hori arcade stick and playing tekken 5/virtual fighter 4/third strike on it, then watching old trigun dvds on it later that night
what an all encompassing device this is
its so cool
>>
Man, what a stupid decision it was to have the Xbox's DVD movie playing capability locked behind an additional accessory purchase. For what purpose?
>>
>>10870507
they could sell the xbox for slightly cheaper cause they didnt have to pay the licensing fee for dvd support. the little remote dongle added the codecs to play dvds.
>>
>>10870614
wow that's some konami append type workaround shit
>>
>>10870487
for me it's the slim version
>>
I like playing my gameboy colour on the train
>>
>>10871149
What color colour?

Top three for me
>purple see through
>actual green(not slime green)
>white
>>
>>10870507
I always thought it was because it played DVDs better than PS2 did.
>>
>>10872024
white is nice if you never take it outside or leave it anywhere near an unblocked window
>>
>>10872024
lime green was the alpha male choice
>>
>>10870487
I feel the same way about PS2 and its successor system. They really were all-in-one personal entertainment centers. Competing with Nintendo's "family computer" philosophy in the Japanese market, Sony had a great vision for what belongs in the modern consumer's living room, it's a shame that competition with Microsoft and piracy fears basically spooked them into conforming and reducing Playstation to another streaming box.
>>
>>10870487
You still gotta admit PS5 mogs it though.
>>
I love the Sega Genesis 6-button and Sega Saturn Dpads so much. They are perfect and make playing any 2D game a joy. It feels wrong to play SNES or PS1 games with them but it's so comfy.
>>
>>10873680
is that really why nintendo called it the family computer?
>>10874601
the saturn is somehow the only game console that figured out how to make a good solar panel dome dpad and i have no idea why

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.