[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: re2.jpg (35 KB, 640x480)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
The perfect scenario B save file for completionist spergs, IMO:
- Don't pick up either the SMG of Side Pack in scenario A, so both are available in scenario B.
- Kill Marvin in scenario A so he's not alive in scenario B.
- Don't turn the B.O.W gas on Lab so the Ivies won't be Poison Ivies in scenario B plus you can activate the B.O.W gas on scenario B
- Using the Cord on the Licker corridor, which is better IMO, so zombies won't appear in the corridor to the basement.
- Use the guest password to unlock the B4F room in scenario B.
- Kill the alligator in scenario A so he won't come back in scenario B, which is something everyone does anyway.
>>
I never even unlocked Hunk's campaign and consider RE2 to be one of my favorite games ever.
>>
>>10870595
>- Don't pick up either the SMG of Side Pack in scenario A, so both are available in scenario B.

I usually do this, but that's because I do Leon A -> Claire B because Claire A fucking sucks. What I mean by this, is that it's the scenario that matters, what matters is getting the SMG to Claire because outside of the colt, none of her weapons are fun to use.

>- Kill Marvin in scenario A so he's not alive in scenario B.

What?

>BOW gas
>cord for shutters
>password

Waste of time.
>>
>>10870619
>What?
Kill Marvin in scenario A so he's not alive in scenario B.

>Waste of time.
>The perfect scenario B save file for completionist spergs, IMO:
>>
>>10870595
>- Don't pick up either the SMG of Side Pack in scenario A, so both are available in scenario B.
I just let Claire take both because she has more items to manage and lamer weapons overall.

>- Kill the alligator in scenario A so he won't come back in scenario B, which is something everyone does anyway.
You can avoid killing him? Do you still fight him in the same place in B?
>>
File: RE2 Claire A Gator.webm (2.68 MB, 640x480)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB WEBM
>>10870626
Doing this leads to fighting a couple of ammo on the train platform
>>
File: RE2 Leon B Gator.webm (2.61 MB, 640x480)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB WEBM
and here is scenario B
>>
>>10870634
>Doing this leads to finding* a couple of ammo on the train platform
>>
>>10870652
Is it just 15x bullets and 7x shells?

Doesn't seem to be worth it.
>>
>>10870634

Played through Resident Evil 2 dozens of times back in the day and it never occured to me to do something like this. Always used to just let him chomp on the cylinder and then blow his entire face off every time.
>>
>>10870595
>Don't pick up either the SMG of Side Pack in scenario A, so both are available in scenario B
I always take the side pack as Claire because she has to deal with three different stacks of grenade launcher ammo
Also, unless I’m wrong if you grab the SMG in A, you can get another one later on in the lab in B (in the room that needs fingerprints from both A and B)
>>
>>10871818
No, it's just ammo for the SMG, and at that point there's nothing left in the game to kill save for the last bosses.
>>
>>10871827
if the SMG was acquired in scenario A, then you do get another SMG in that room in B. They don't give you ammo for a weapon you don't have.

Anyway funny thing about this mechanic is that in one of the prototype versions, you can't take both the SMG and the backpack in the same scenario. Only one or the other.
>>
File: SMG.png (122 KB, 996x748)
122 KB
122 KB PNG
>>10871827
>>10871840
It actually just depends on if you grabbed an SMG from the storage room, not on if you grabbed it in A. For example, if you didn't grab the storage room SMG in A but also don't take it in B, it will be there (you can't come back from the lab so there's no double SMG shit happening)
See pic and link:
https://www.evilresource.com/resident-evil-2/maps/underground-laboratory/laboratory-b4/culture-experiment-room
>>
>>10870601
>I never even unlocked Hunk's campaign and consider RE2 to be one of my favorite games ever.

I played the dual shock version of resident evil 2 and i used the wonderful cheat of the infinite bullets, so i unlocked the hunk mode(with infinite bullets too) and something even better than the hunk mode wich is only in the dualshock version: the extreme battle mode.
>>
>>10872975
>i used the wonderful cheat of the infinite bullets
I usually never say this but
You didn't beat the game
>>
>>10870595
I remember when I was kid clearing RE2 in a single sitting wasnt that big of a task for me. The tofu survivor unlock was surreal for me since I thought it was hoax reading about it online. The version I played the most was for the N64.
>>
File: t9F4c54.jpg (185 KB, 1320x1093)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
I just used gameshark to give myself the MG in both scenarios, screw gimping the fun in one run for the other
>>
>>10870595
Yes. Plus you get to see the SMG reloading animation when you pick up the SMG ammo from the GUEST room.

>- Kill the alligator in scenario A so he won't come back in scenario B, which is something everyone does anyway.
Don't be a pussy and fight the alligator without the gas cannister. You were originally supposed to kill it like that in Resident Evil 1.5.

>>10870638
Use the handgun with burst shots instead. Easier to avoid damage because the gun animation is faster and you'll save a lot more ammo that way.

>>10870680
It is worth it as long as you pick the right ammo against it. Claire gets 6 fire rounds which is a nice tradeoff for the 18 bows you need to use to kill it (especially in Nightmare mode where ammo is so scarce).
>>
>>10873164
18 bows on Nightmare/Hard mode? You sure about that?
>>
>>10873248
Yeah. Not sure if that's exact amount of bows necessary but that's how many I needed at short-medium distance. Resiyoyoyo's guide stated that the alligator hp values were pretty much the same regardless of difficulty level but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
>>
>>10873006

i beat it once without cheats, but only got D grades. So i tried later with the wonderful infinite bullets cheat to avoid waste of time in returning to the coffins for more bullets and use less healing itmes, so i got better grades and unlocked both the hunk mode and the great extreme battle mode.
>>
>>
File: RE2 chems.webm (1.5 MB, 960x720)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB WEBM
>>
>>10870595
>Kill the alligator in scenario A so he won't come back in scenario B, which is something everyone does anyway.
In my first playthrough I remember getting really pissed at the alligator in scenario B because I had no idea you were supposed to pull the gas tank off the wall I thought it was just part of the background. I died like 3-4 times trying to just shoot the gator enough, before giving up and looking up the answer online.
>>
>>10875495
Are those chemicals from the beta version? if so, good thing they were removed, they look so annoying like the ones of RE 0
>>
>>10877717
They're in the final version(s), just unused

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.