[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: CVIII.png (286 KB, 600x900)
286 KB
286 KB PNG
>been playing pic related determined to beat it
>finally get to Dracula
>die fairly quick but I see the pattern and feel I can do better on my last life
>don't restart at the stairs
>wat.jpeg
>start back at door with spider and whip skeleton
>die at swinging pendulums and start back at beginning of stage with the Ravens
>keep playing make it back to Dracula several times
>finally defeat his 1st form and see his 2nd form
>defeat it first try excited that I finally beat the game
> HE HAS A 3RD FORM
I really really like this game anons... but holy shit this is brutal. At least let me start back at the stairs like CV1.
>>
Starting over from the previous checkpoint allows you to reach Dracula with more hearts and a better choice of weapons. It actually makes the fight easier which is not negligeable.
>>
>>10870676
This game sucked
>>
>>10870698
>better choice of weapons.
True. Being stuck with just the knife would probably only help on his 1st form. I kept grabbing the holy water assuming it would be more useful on his 2nd form but It really wasn't. The axe would help out way more on that one. From what I can tell it probably will come more in handy on his 3rd .
>>
>>10870698
>actually makes the fight easier
I do want to add that its only if you do not get hit on the way. Now after replaying the stage over and over again I am really good at getting to Dracula but I still mess up now and then especially on the pendulum part which at best is 1/4 of my life bar and at worst loss of life.

>>10870719
>this game sucked
Gotta give me more than that or else I just assume your shitposting.
>>
>>10870676
>HELP ME
>>
File: Rorschach.jpg (103 KB, 413x550)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>10871143
>>HELP ME
No.
>>
>>10870676
Try the second loop after you clear it.
>>
>>10870726
protip: hitting candles with subweapons gives you double/triple shot multipliers. you can just take the staircase up and down to grind those and hearts out for him. axe is pretty nice on his first form too because you don't have to jump to hit him that way so you can beat that phase in only one teleport.
>>
>>10871759
>Try the second loop after you clear it.
No I do not think I will. Probably will move onto Simon's Quest or Chronicles if I want to stick with Castlevania. Might take a break tho.
>>10872120
Thanks for the heads up!
>>
>>10873516
The second loop has three new enemy types, so that's probably why he recommended playing it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.