[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (1.81 MB, 1413x795)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB PNG
Unironically one of the greatest handheld games of the 90s. Pure excellent action platforming with a varied move set and fun levels to blitz through. Any fan of the Wario Land games would love it.
>>
I do not know any game gear games besides the shitty sonic spinoffs and inferior versions of genesis games. Please enlighten me anon.
>>
>>10873481
I still need to play both this game AND Pepsiman
>>
File: ggear-cocacolakid.webm (3.89 MB, 598x428)
3.89 MB
3.89 MB WEBM
>>10873498
It's a platforming game with momentum driven movement and lots of options for getting around, not much else like it out there
>>
I know it's supposed to be "coca-cola kid" but I'm calling it "coca-cola kiddo"
>>
>>10873481
I prefer the Fuji Electric Sportstron as the dials are bottle caps which is definitely more retro and more Coca Cola.
>>
>Coomlector anons trying to FOMO on this shitty handheld to try and raise its price

This kind of thread again? We already stated the Game Gear was shit move on
>>
This was made by the GG Shinobi devs. I recognize some of the graphics. Explains why it would be good.
>>
File: 61DoaB5tGYL.jpg (106 KB, 1080x1080)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
I bought a used Game Gear and an Everdrive recently to replace the Game Gear and games I lost because of a house fire.

The sad thing is now that I'm got access to the entire Game Gear and Master System library, there isn't a whole lot actually worth playing on either (and the romhack scene is virtually nonexistent for both).

Can anybody reccommend worthwhile GG/SMS games outside of the Sonic, Power Rangers and Disney games?
>>
>>10873967
The GG Shinobi games are excellent. Crystal Warriors is a nice little tactics game. Pic related is a great puzzle game, and the system also has a great version of Mappy.
>>
>>10873973
Oh and the Aleste games (including 3) are great and I also like Tails Skypatrol
>>
>>10873967
Yeah my GG Everdrive is also my least used by far. Check out Sylvan Tale, Gunstar Heroes, Dynamite Headdy and Streets of Rage 2. Three of those are just 8-bit demakes of Genesis games I know, but you gotta make do.
>>
>>10873556
SMS/GG games are really impressive when the audio is turned off
>>
>>10873556
>not much else like it out there
Except for every other platformer ever. Even mid tier platformers like Rocky Rodent or Aero the Acrobat 2 have momentum and movement options.
>>
Except the actual hardware is a piece of fucking shite.
Luckily I was retarded enough to blow a bunch of money on the analogue pocket, and finally I'll be able to play gg games proper.
>>
>>10874109
Shoulda bought a Core system model.
>>
>>10873967
Mega Man for the Game Gear is very good imo
>>
>>10874127
It really wasn't. But it is one of the few examples of romhacking actually done for the Game Gear.
>>
>>10873481
It's fine, but it's not Marlboro Go for the Marlboro-branded Atari Lynx.
>>
>>10874479
>couldn't even print the text straight
>>
>>10874592
Malboro Lynxes weren't available to customers, they probably just spray painted regular Lynx shells and placed a sticker on top.
>>
File: Pizza if he cola.webm (2.28 MB, 640x480)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB WEBM
The game is too short and easy. The momentum transfer from jumping after dashing is the best part. All the dashing through walls and wall climbing is more Pizza Tower than Wario Land. Those games have exploration and things to find in order to beat the game. In this you just slingshot yourself across the map until you reach the end, fight a few simple bosses and then the game is over. It lacks substance but for a licensed game it's pretty good.
>>
>>10874928
It's too bad they didnt just strip the coke stuff out and release it in the west or Decap Attack it. Or is this game based on some obscure as jap property?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.