[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_6244.jpg (8 KB, 265x147)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
This theory is pretty much Japan’s version of Rinoa = Ultimecia.
>>
Nothing new here
See: Psaroth
>>
>(8 KB, 265x147)
>>
>>10873657
That's not a theory. The original script for the game really was going to do that.
>>
>>10873862
Do we know why or when they changed it?
>>
>>10873657
How?
By the time Kiefer leaves the party in the past Orgodemir was already sealed in the Roamers shrine for hundreds of years.
I am honestly curious about it.
>>10873813
I once read something like this eons ago along with DQ6 cut content, Ashlyn other half is supposed to be the dragon you ride to Murdraw castle and Milly obtains the ocarina from Rubiss who was supposed to be Milly other half.
>>
>>10873881
I think all that's known is that Kiefer was originally supposed to leave the party much later than he does in the final game.
>>
File: ru.jpg (106 KB, 957x542)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
But R=U came from Japan
>>
>>10874436
I mean in the sense that DQ autism is far more widespread in Japan, so this discussion pretty much only pops up there. I only learned about this theory because of TV Tropes, and searching for it in english doesn't yield many results besides that and a DQ fan forum.
>>
>>10874796
It's more a case that DQ stories are so simple and low-concept that there are very few instances of anything being open to interpretation
>>
>>10873862
>>10874432
source?
>>
>>10874432
>>10875471
>Kiefer was originally supposed to leave the party much later
Not really a source or proof of anything, but the shop near the place where you get to change jobs seems to suggest Kiefer would leave some point after that, because it sells some stuff only he can equip.
He can also apparently equip a some late game weapons too, if you use cheats to put them in your bag while he's still in the party.
>>
The Kiefer thing was confirmed in an interview but I can't find the one anymore. They made him leave sooner so that players wouldn't be too sad about losing a character they built up for so long.

That was the idea anyway.
>>
>>10875769
>The Kiefer thing was confirmed in an interview but I can't find the one anymore
https://shmuplations.com/dragonquest30th/
Is it this one? The part about Kiefer leaving later starts at 26:40.

No mention of him being Orgodemir at any point, though.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.