[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1702690813959014.jpg (903 KB, 1263x1671)
903 KB
903 KB JPG
is Mappy a good game?
>>
>>10873683
yes
>>
>Mappy
>no fbi swirls
Lol
>>
You know your taste, stop asking for reccs online and explore game libraries on your own
>>
>>10873683
Yeah.
>>
It’s based.
I’m sure Mappy would have been as big as Pac-Man if they shilled the arcade version more and not make any of its games Japan exclusive
>>
File: tom-and-jerry.gif (282 KB, 220x124)
282 KB
282 KB GIF
>>10873683
>mouse in the house
>tries to convince us the mouse is the good guy and the cats are bad guys
BULL SHIT! That coppers a home invading pest and likely doesn't have warrant I say fuck 'em up boys!
>>
>>10873683
Irs pretty fun. Try flicky too.
>>
>>10873805
Back before I had a cat mice and shrews would invade my place on a regular basis and you could hear them running around in the walls. Well, they don't come anymore. Cat didn't even have to do anything, just his presence was a deterrent.
>>
It's nothing special. Basically a Pac-Man clone, but with gravity. And there's no jumping either.
>>
>>10873719
This.
>>
Fun game, cute game.
>>
gamegear version is supposed to be the best
>>
>>10873683
I loved playing Mappy on that Ms. Pac-Man plug n’ play as a kid. Simple, but fun. Also love Mappy’s design. It’s one of my favorite retro
Namco arcade games besides Dig Dug and Galaga.
Don’t forget about the underrated Mappy Shiftylook web series. Only 13 episodes, but entertaining the whole way through.
>>10873810
Flicky is fun as well. I remember playing it a lot on the Sonic Mega Collection. More than any of the Sonic games in fact. I would say it’s probably more challenging than Mappy.
>>
I played Mappy-Land on NES once as a kid (rental). I thought it was okay but too cutesy and not very interesting.

I played Mappy on a tabletop unit in a Godfather's Pizza a few times. It seemed cool but I wasn't into fighting for high scores in that kind of game so I never explored it much.

This has been my Mappy memoir.
>>
>>10873683
It's fun. One of the quintessential cat-and-mouse games along with Pac-Man, and Mappy had an actual mouse and cats.

I never quite understood the story though. He's a mouse but also a cop who breaks into cat-burglars' houses to steal back stolen property.?
>>
>>10873814
Pet Rats will also do this. They are like the chad jocks of the small rodent world and no other critters want to fuck around if they smell em around.
>>
>>10873683
I liked the NES and Arcade game
I would have enjoyed more Mappy games. Maybe a nice open world FPS about a mouse cop on the edge
>>
>That mouse
Would
>>
Its a fine game. The music fucking bangs.
>>
>>10874634
Thats more because the other rodents don't usually war with other rodent colonies or territories. Especially not ones allied with humans.
>>
>>10875076
I heard rats will fuck up smaller rodents like mice if they are in their territory, so they just avoid those places if they detect a rats territory.
>>
>>10874636
>open world FPS about a mouse cop on the edge
would play

>You've stepped over the line Mappy. You're a loose cannon, we can't have you destroying police property and jeopardizing innocent people's lives! You're off the case and off the force. Hand over your badge and your gun.
>>
>>10874452
We unlocked it playing sonics genesis collection. Quite a treat since i dont think we knew it was unlockable. Pretty sure ive got the famicom version of mappy.
>>
>>10874672
He is very cute desu

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.