[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Considering Factor 5 were German guys it's impressive that they somewhat figured out how to make a Japanese-style platformer where the levels are an obstacle course instead of the usual Euro maze collectathon. They were clearly trying to imitate The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles on NES here and it's not a bad game but compared to Chronicles a bit lacking in personality. Using the Indiana Jones theme song as the level music is also kinda lazy while Chronicles had unique music for each stage.
>>
>>10874564
alright, anon. what Youtuber made a video about this game? come on, be honest.
>>
>>10874564
I remember renting this game from Hollywood Video back in the day. Its basically Super Star Wars but with Indy and no space magic. Actually bought it boxed and complete off of eBay a little over a decade ago just to have. Not my favorite SNES game by a long shot, but its neat.
>>
They were very familiar with Japanese platformers since they made the most famous C64 Mario rip-off.
>>
>>10874564
Tomb Raider came out as the natural evolution of early western platformers.
>Realist
>Dungeon Crawling
These guys just needed money and time to develop
>>
There were other "obstacle course" Euro platformers, such as Astérix, The Smurfs, I think some of the Tintin games too. Also obviously Rayman later on.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.