[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Innovative 5th gen game is amazing for the first half. Second half devolves into absolute tedium or frustrating difficulty spikes because they weren't sure how to pad out a full game's worth of content with the new mechanics they spent most of the dev time tweaking. Never ever mentioned because YouTubers and normies rarely complete the games they talk about.
>>
Serious skill issue. 5th gen games aren't challenging outside of some rare exceptions. 5th gen games are precisely what I play when I don't want to feel like being too challenged, literally get good.
>>
so 5th gen, is that Atari or PS4?
>>
>>10875919
Why the negativity?
>>
>>10875912
>Never ever mentioned because YouTubers and normies rarely complete the games they talk about.
You mean like you're doing right now by giving no examples? I'm not saying you're wrong, but you are being a retard.
>>
Pretty much how I feel about most RPGs of the gen. The first 20 hours is a fun around-the-world trip and the game forcing you to use its unique mechanics. The back half 20 is mashing Attack through every encounter and bouncing between places you've already visited to pick up the six or seven Chaos Emeralds/Dragon Balls/whatever plot coupon the game wants you to gather.
A lot of platformer and action games ran into a similar problem. You'd have seen everything the game has to offer by stage 3, and the rest of the game was the same enemy types and environments reused until the end.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.