[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Jung Rhythm.jpg (142 KB, 1410x962)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>Quirky Japanese Saturn game that played like Parappa
>Recently Gets an English translation
>Check it out
>Intro has guy singing about recycling and not using greenhouse gases among other things
>Thought for sure the translators took liberties
>Find scan of a 1998 poster for the game that had the lyrics on it
>Machine translation shows that actually is what he is really singing about
Ok, so one small change is that they replaced "Freon" with "CFC gasses" but that's a pretty close translation anyway
>>
This game rather sucks. The timing is more fucked then PaRappa 1.(yes i played it on a crt)
>>
>>10876158
>Jung Rhythm English Translation
There's absolutely no way that this isn't shit.
>>
>>10876295
What makes you say that?
>>
>>10876423
All English fan translations are shit. No exceptions.
>>
>>10876854
Ok, you do you
>>
>10876854
Mother 3
>>
I tried quickly testing it out in an emulator to make sure the patch was applied correctly, the lag was incredibly bad.
>>
>>10876158
Sounds good to me. Anyone who's against a message like that is subhuman.
>>
>>10878121
The alarmists are losing their clout. You are on the wrong side of history.
>>
>>10878128
retard
>>
>>10878034
Games like this seem extra sensitive to input lag. I don’t have my saturn set up, but even in my low-lag environment I had to anticipate a bit to hit the timings right.
This game is definitely the Saturn’s PaRappa.
>>
>>10878128
A very mild and normal message in some incidental song lyrics is all it takes to make you flip your shit.
>>
>>10878121
I don't have an issue with the message itself, I just want accurate translations. I thought it was an instance of the translator just completely making up/changing things to suit a narrative, but once I found out those are the actual lyrics I didn't have a problem with it.

>>10878496
Yeah, I had the same issues with Parrapa. I doubt it would be very effective to attempt run-ahead on something as demanding as Saturn emulation either, if any of the emulators even support it.
>>
>>10876854
jUsT lEaRn JaPaNeSe
>>
>>10878805
Technically freons are CFCs, they just have one or more of their hydrogen atoms replaced by halogens.
In the end it's pretty inconsequential and maybe it was just a way of updating the lingo, I hardly hear about freons by themselves anymore.
>>
>>10879190
Yeah, from what I looked up Freon is just one brand of CFCs. Like how Advil is a brand of Ibuprofen. I guess Freon was just a very well known one back then (I recall an episode of the original TMNT cartoon also talking about it, remember hearing about it by name often back then), but it's manufacture and import has been banned since the 90s apparently.

While it might not be a literal translation it's still more or less the same thing.
>>
>>10879176
Legitimately this, either learn the language or eat the shit troonslators put out.
>>
Christ on a bike, the scumfucks here that get their shit sideways 'cus of a translation that is 100% free but still have to go out of their way to insult both the translation and translator.
Kindly go fucking kill yourself and make everyone else a favour, thank you.
>>
>>10880528
yes goy consume more and don't ask any questions.
>>
>>10880595
it’s free
it’s free
it’s free

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.