[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: tir-na-nog.png (9 KB, 1088x832)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
In This Thread:
>Weird games that you have no idea how to play but played anyway.

I'll start : Tir Na Nog
A strange Tolkienesque like game where you walked around Ireland collecting keys and getting lost, I can't tell you much more.
>>
I understand it now but as a young kid I just thought you had to teleport around for no actual reason
>>
File: 1600-51953137.jpg (238 KB, 1024x1542)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
>>
>>10876271
Pretty much every C64 and Atari 2600 game.
>>
>>10876271
My step dad rented Mario is Missing when I was a kid and we never figured out what to do.
>>
>>10876271
>Tir Na Nog
>Nog
a game about black people in Ireland?
>>
>>10876271
So, Eurojank the thread? There's a reason why Japanese games are superior.
>>
>>10876594
this but Marios Time Machine on SNES. What a disappointment. The music is pretty cool though.
>>
>>10876271
the lost souls of tong nou
>>
I know I'm just a dumb faggot and got filtered hard, but I can't tell you how many times I've started Chaos Seed on the SNES just to give up because that shit makes absolutely no sense to me. And I've beaten Valkyrie Profile, I'm no stranger to obtuse games.
>>
>>10876740
Was that the one where you started sailing on a shell for ten minutes? Because if it was, I remember that one getting rented, too. Never got past the sea.>>10876740
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26 KB, 480x360)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
Rags to Riches on C64. You are a hobo with an alcohol meter and alternate visiting the soup kitchen and jail. Kinda fun
>>
>>10876785
Your social credit score isn't high enough and the feng shui of your house is all out of wack, of course you can't into bing chilling game.
>>
IQ Memory Teaser for the Atari 2600. I could never understand what the hell is going on in there.
>>
>>10876271
Funnily enough there was a fox kids show called something like the knights of tir na nog. Cheezy but probably more enjoyable then this game.
>>
>>10877298
Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. It sort of feels like a cross between Sinbad, Power Rangers, and maybe Yoroiden Samurai Troopers, but with a Celtic theme, contractually required black guy, and some rather questionable writing at times. The best version of it I've seen online is actually a mix between German video and American audio, and it's still not the greatest. Seems this show really fell between the cracks. You'd think it'd be prime fodder for some budget RPG or beat-em-up or something, but no such luck so far as I'm aware.
>>
>>10876737
hello autism.
there are plenty of weird japanese games which you'd know about if you had played anything other than mainstream entry level stuff.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.