[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Sega_VR.png (809 KB, 740x953)
809 KB
809 KB PNG
Sega had the lead with VR and they let it slip through their fingers. Their tech wasn't matched again until 2010. Sega even had VR arcades in Japan during the 90s. The headset was supposed to have genesis compatability too. I feel robbed and dream for an alternate reality where Sega didn't completely fumble their bag.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_VR
>>
>>10876354
anon that wasn't actually vr it was just a hmd
>>
VR tech was not developed enough to have taken at the time, really it was best used as a proof of concept and display piece for the future to come.
>>
>>10876354
Didn't that headset cause mind-breakingly terrible headaches after 15 minutes of use?
I remember reading that it was nearly ready for production, but they did one final test run on a larger number of people, and it knocked them the fuck out due to headaches. Which ultimately caused Sega to shitcan the whole thing.
>>
>>10876354
I feel robbed by the oxygen thief OP with his youtube induced hot takes.
>>
>>10876382
Most people are too dumb to differentiate between actual VR headsets and HMDs.
>>
>>10876426
>VR in the name
>has a tracking solution, if primitive
The tracking solution alone would be enough to differentiate it from an HMD that just displays stuff to your eyes. Virtual Boy on the other hand is not VR.
>>
>>10876382
pretty much everywhere is calling it VR. And calling the virtual boy a head mounted display
>>
Let it go. 1990s was too early for VR.
It's just *barely* viable right now.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.