[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: xgirb.jpg (44 KB, 656x369)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
Extremebros and Iggychads we're back!
https://youtu.be/7J_b_FrhLHY?si=xPgZF7fipxv-zsgu
>>
>Iggy's reckin' balls
Peak "Saw it at blockbuster 10,000 times but never actually rented it"-core
>>
>>10877374
>"Saw it at blockbuster 10,000 times but never actually rented it"-core
For me it's
>Iggy's Reckin' Balls
>Space Station Silicon Valley
>Rocket Robot on Wheels
>Oni
>Dark Cloud
>>
>>10877374
>>10877384
I actually did rent those games purely based on the box art. Rocket was the shit and that one really deserves to come to NSO.
Who the fuck is Throwback?
>>
>>10877468
oh they're the same guys that still sell XG2 on Steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/582260/ExtremeG_2/
>>
>>10877468
Some company which bought the rights to Acclaim's games? I know that they own the 3DO trademark.
>>
>>10877468
>>10877494
Weird, other companies that own shovelware previously owned by another comapny, and have their games on NSO, don't edit their boxart
>>
You do realize that this online ROM service is the start of the end for pirated emulation, right?

Maybe you're too young to remember but some 20 years ago every tech-illiterate normie knew how to get pirated movies. It was everywhere and simple. Then online streaming services appeared and by "pure coincidence" govermnents started fighting movie piracy, they succeeded to the point that these days not a single normie would know how to pirate movies and just pays for at the very least one streaming service. It got to the point that the agencies that were created to fight pirated movies have now laid off people because they did such a good job.

As these online services for video games by big names like "Nintendo" develop, by advertising and using them, you are signing the death of ROMs on archive.org and other mediums like that.
>>
>>10877828
it's not that you're wrong it's that nintendo has been offering shit emulation of old nintendo games since like the wii
>>
>>10877374
this is literally how it went back then
I passed that shit up to rent rogue squadron or smash bros for the hundredth time
>>
>>10877828
This is what happens when you keep stubbornly refusing to give all of your money to the almighty corporations.
>>
>both games use the controller pak
>nintendo still too lazy to add that function to their emulator
and f-zero x is still a mess of random lag spikes.
>>
>>10877828
What was Virtual Console then?
>>
>>10877323
i rented both these games back in the day
although i guess i rented many n64 games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.