[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: clock.jpg (383 KB, 1080x736)
383 KB
383 KB JPG
Was there any way to figure this out without a guide or just randomly happening to be in this room when the statue opened?
>>
The left statue moves every minute, and back then people liked to soak in the atmosphere of a given room so there was no issue.
>>
>>10877629
pretty sure the timer still moves in cutscenes so you'd likely see it during your first encounter with maria. i bet the gold/silver ring part confused a lot of people though especially with the mistranslation.
>>
>>10877629
>This thread again

I found out because I saw it move one time yeah.
>>
>oval clock
Nice garbage game
>>
>>10877684
>pretty sure the timer still moves in cutscenes so you'd likely see it during your first encounter with maria.
This, it will always move during that cutscene

plus...

THE FUCKING MAP SUGGESTS SO. I'm tired of these bait threads, if you're gonna pretend to be retarded at least do it well.
>>
File: chrisvania.gif (3.23 MB, 371x293)
3.23 MB
3.23 MB GIF
>>10877629
Since effort, experimentation and curiosity are not valid factors for zoomer standards, then no, there was no "way" of figuring it out.
>>
>>10877629
You could try thinking.
>>
>surely this giant fucking clock couldn't have any puzzle relating to the time
>>
>>10880365
Not to mention the whole surrounding area spawns time stoppers
>>
File: latest[1].png (34 KB, 256x240)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
The Ring clue confused me to no end when I played it back then
>WEAR IN
>CLOCK TOWER
so I went all over the Clock Tower with the rings equipped but nothing happened.
>>
>>10877629
The clock thing is hit or miss. Having played the game for the first time, over the past few weeks, and trying to do it without a guide, I looked if up but then immediately went "yeah I could have figured that out if I was more patient"

What really pissed me off is that fucking breakable rock in the corner of the water area that I had to break.
Really the whole game is designed for another era, like >>10877638 said. Less media saturation = more time spent just messing around with what you had. If anything the cryptic bullshit in SotN probably added value at the time, than detracted
>>
>>10880512
My issue is the map shows none of the connecting rooms with the clock room and theres 0 indication the room matters at all. Most players will leave the room and inevitably forget it even exists, let alone think to come back and experiment in it. If there was any hint that the room mattered then it would be fine
>>
>>10880707
>My issue is zoombrain
Many such cases
>If there was any hint
The main hint is that it's not a modern Mario game.
>>
>>10880707
>Most players will leave the room and inevitably forget it even exists
The room has impeccable atmosphere
>>
For me, it’s that bridge in the caverns you had to make the Donkey Kong skeleton throw a barrel at

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.