[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1707358733417.png (125 KB, 640x480)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
Speeding bullets...
Flashing their high beams...
Their intent to BATTLE...
>>
>>10878017
Based
https://youtu.be/jyO9W6snHJU?si=TnbSyoCAvNIbG9sHhxsr
>>
>>10878017
Just started a playthrough, the game is solid so far. What's the difference between different steering wheels?
>>
>>10878017
This has to be one the most, dare i say it, "quintessential" CaRPG I've ever witnessed in my entire life....
>>
>>10878236
>"quintessential" CaRPG
It's not quintessential if there are no other games directly patterned after it and the genre barely exists.
>>
>>10878017
give it a rest OP, no one cares about this garbage anymore everyone, the honeymoon phase after th english translation dropped has ended
>>
>>10878260
It's just a racing/VN hybrid with JRPG style progression. CaRPG is not a genre.
>>
>>10878271
Nah, it's pretty fun. More engaging driving physics than Ridge Racer Type 4 and graphics on par. As a Shutokou Battle fan, I like it. I just wish it has a proper quick race mode with different events being added there as you go through them in the story mode.
>>
I've always wanted to play this but I heard its really hard. How hard are we talking? And how long is it?

>>10878271
Eat shit zoomtard
>>
>>10878349
>Eat shit zoomtard
says the faggot who did not play this turd but the herd mentality pushed him to get mad at me the anon who DID play this garbage and hated it kek
>>
>>10878275
>It's just a dungeon crawler with free movement and run-n-gun elements. First person shooter is not a genre.
>>
File: 1709199582948.jpg (59 KB, 700x480)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>10878349
It's not hard but it can be frustrating if you go in uprepared which is made worse by frequent loadings.
First of all, before starting story mode, go to the battle mode and get a hang of the car handling physics. It's not as realistic and well thought out as GT but also not as simple as Ridge Racer. Unlike the latter It has weight transfer and controllable drifts. Practice going around the corners. The cars in RL understeer when going into a sharp corner at a high speed so you absolutely need to slow down like in many racing games but there is a catch: if you hold left or right for too long the car starts skidding into an oversteer and you may hit a wall. And the game is less forgiving than GT or RRT4 at that. Hitting a wall once or twice usually means losing the race.
Once you familiar with the physics, start the story mode. If you know what the power band is and what's the difference between having more power at low rpm and having more power at high rpm, then go in blind. If you don't know any of this then check the guide. DON'T check the guide for optimal parts and build because that way you will have absolutely broken op car that makes the races less interesting.
Good luck, have fun!
>>
File: 1707013421633073.png (32 KB, 635x188)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>10878017
Horrible game with a slop translation churned out by Hillslop and his band of cronies who do it for free while he takes all the Patreonbux for himself.
>>
>>10878017
This became one of my favorite 5th gen games. Cheers to the translators.
>>10878349
It isn’t egregious once you realize that the game wants you to drift, like the memes about Jap street racing. There comes a point where you can’t progress without it. Of course, later races will be difficult, it’s a game. And you will have a very hard time if you don’t grind at all.
>>
>>10878480
Why should I care about this if the translation works?
>>
>>10878494
It doesn’t, it is cursed and will break your roms.
>>
>>10878504
The whole game is cursed in a good way. I love it.
>>
>>10878428
>DON'T check the guide for optimal parts and build because that way you will have absolutely broken op car that makes the races less interesting.
Doesn't take a high iq to figure out on your own. It's a japanese racing game, and japanese racing games always prioritize the lightest car. Not to mention the three events early on the require a light car vs like one heavy car race.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.