[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

The ancestor of Castlevania.
>>
playing this is one of my earliest memories. one of the few colecovision games i remember beating
>>
>>10883320
Should we call the genre Smurfvania?
>>
>>10883338
cabbagesmurfvaniatroid
>>
Hah, I legit just had a game night with my 15 yr old nephew and 12 yr old niece. I told them if either of them could get to smurfette I would give them $50. They couldn't after many attempts.

To be fair, grass blades kill you in this game.

Smurfs is one of those licenses that I don't know who plays them but they are in nearly every system for decades.
>>
>>10883496
I would say Europeans, but I have never seen anyone with a Smurf game, nor discuss the smurfs at all, so it remains a mystery. It occasionally just appears on television and then doesn't show up for a year. Maybe's it's some kind of cryptid.
>>
>>10883496
There are oddly good Smurf games out there. I consider the gameboy one to be in the top 20 releases for the system, maybe even top 10. The newer action games also look kinda interesting.
>>
>>10883607
what amazes me is that there is currently a Smurfs series on TV worldwide that is up to 104 episodes(!) with another season planned and I haven't ever even seen one second of it advertised or promoted. Who are the people consuming this product? There aren't that many Belgians in the world.

They even have a new game coming out in June...
>>
>>10883641
My mom watches those, its terrible slapstick stuff.

>80s smurfs
>oh no, gargamel burned down our food storage and now we're gonna fucking starve!

>2024 smurfs
>whoohooo female smurfs riding the skateboard through the woods right over gargamels toes whooohooo!
>>
>>10883496
>Hah, I legit just had a game night with my 15 yr old nephew and 12 yr old niece. I told them if either of them could get to smurfette I would give them $50. They couldn't after many attempts.
Based. But really? I could get to smurfette when I was 4. It just requires a bit of patience.
>>
>>10883338
>Smurfvania
Neato, all we need now is mass media PR maketing crediting Igarashi for another thing he didn't create.
>>
The one new Smurf game is some kind of action, 3rd person shooter with elements of a serious, anime tone to it or something. The one trailer showed a boss fight that looked like it was outta Kingdom Hearts.
>>
File: 1703222692132933.png (1 KB, 320x200)
1 KB
1 KB PNG
technically indiana jones was the first metroidvania
>>
File: SG1000_01.gif (6 KB, 256x200)
6 KB
6 KB GIF
>>10883347
Based early platformer enjoyer
>>
>>10886309
>Smurf RAGC inspired this game, made by Konami, who later made Castlevania.
Makes you think.
Also does anyone know who developed Smurf? Moby games only lists 1 programmer but for the Atari 2600 port, which is not even close to the Coleco original.
>>
>>10883837
100% true. They can both play beat saber pretty well on an oculus but put an xbox controller in their hands with something retro and they are pretty lost and can't stay interested enough in any one game for long.

The one thing with gaming I have kept a tradition is that I "borrowed" Atari carts from my uncle I never returned so I let them do the same with me. They must have a dozen of my Wii games on up, as well as a few R4's but it makes them feel cool to have something of mine.
>>
>>10885848
This game. I never had/read the manual and without it, I was so lost.
>>
>>10885848
There's always something on memeframes that was actually first. You can't beat the frame.
>>
>>10885762
anon you don't understand he was either going to be known as the castlevania guy or the dating sim weirdo I don't blame him for jumping ship from tokimemo to castlevania and plundering all the credit
>>
ah yes, the quintessential gargamelformer
>>
>>10886729
platsmurfer
>>
>>10885848
Can we not use this lazy word?
>>
>>10885848
Well, it makes sense why Castlevania uses a whip now, it's just a shitty Indiana Jones clone.
>>
File: YIndi.png (3 KB, 256x224)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>10887005
The first Indiana Jones game that played like a Castlevania game was released after Castlevania.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.