[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How do you take this game seriously with its horrible english dub? I was excited to start it tonight but it was truly another level of immersion shattering. Not only do the explicitly Japanese characters speak in thick british accents, but the voice actors were clearly random employees they got to do voiceover.

Please let me know if it's just the first guy who's particularly bad. I can't find anything about an undub anywhere, so I'll probably put this game off until somebody makes one or my Japanese is good enough.
>>
The problem with Siren isn't the VA.
It's the gameplay. It's pure, undiluted shit.
>>
Siren 2 is my favorite tho
>>
>>10883628
The bongland accents add to the charm, it grows on you. You don't hear much of it during gameplay anyway.
>>
>>10883628
Play Siren Blood Curse, its a remake of sorts on PS3, then play the undub version of 2.
>>
>>10883628
You get used to the voices quickly. It was a shock to me at first, but then I didn't care at all. Grew to enjoy it. The gameplay is, however, bad. This is one of the few times I would recommend watching a full walkthrough. Because you need to follow one anyways to know what fucking obscure thing to do.
>>
>>10883645
This. I don't remember being that upset at the VA. But the kind of person playing Siren in 2024 is that kind of weeb who would complain about it.
Buddy it's not the localization that made the game bad. It's the fucking game that's bad
>>
I was kinda mindblown how in this game there's dudes with guns. It's kinda weird but at the same it's terrifying so it kinda works. I think there's a lot of cool ideas in Siren, sadly it's pretty shite game
>>
This game looks cool as fuck and has unique atmosphere, why couldn't those fags just make it play like a regular survival horror game. The sad thing is that there are still NO games with the same setting
>>
>>10883628
This game was so hyped up before it came out in the states and the dub absolutely ruined it. Demolished it. One of the worst ever.
>>
>>10883628
Nobody STILL modded subtitlesin this game. This fucking sucks, man. I keep waiting. Maybe someday.
>>
>>10883645
>>10883694
>>10884278
>>10885465
>>10885473
>>10886612
>>>/v/
>>
>>10886779
Nah you are the one who should go there
>look! this game that plays like shit and that I've never actually played myself has good gameplay! I'm so special
fucking /v/tard
>>
>>10883645
This
>>
>>10886786
>>10886794
>>>/v/
>>
The only thing wrong with the original game is the sneaking speed being too damn slow which makes the pacing very slow. So you have to exploit the way enemies work and walk/run as you can out of their hearrng range and then sneak when you can't, which takes some leaning.
>>
>>10886803
You're a weeb. If this game was made in America you wouldn't even play it
>>
>>10883645
Yeah, it was great (I 100%’d the timeline back in the day)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.