[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 122.jpg (74 KB, 600x400)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
Who was the best?
>>
1 and there is no contest. 2 could have been great but the second half of the game is all shitty mini games and gimmicky sections.
>>
I've played tons of survival horror over the years, but DC1 is the only game that really sticks out to me as actually truly having to count ammo, and felt like you played through the game consistently being low on ammo. Deciding which dinos to dodge, which dinos to tranq and which dinos to OHK with the lethal darts was a lot of fun. DC1s replayability was not as polished as other games with minimal or no unlockables, which holds it back a bit because these kinds of games are built on replays and minmaxing the timer, but overall I love the game and it feels like survival horror taken to the extreme. DC2 strays too far from the formula to be compared to DC1 for me. Just like RE4, DC2 is a fun game in its own right, but it is too dissimilar from its predecessor to be classed as the same genre.
>>
>>10883954
Actually once you know how, making a reasonable amount of poison darts is simple; at least when playing the US version which trades continues for ressurection medpacks which in turn can be used to craft poison arrows (though you'll have less means to continue). But of course I didn't know that until at least my 3rd playthrough

I agree the game lacks replay value, but imo mostly because the skill ceiling for the action is lower than in RE1/2/3. Dodging or disposing of enemies is a lot easier than in those games, there isn't as much to learn.

Anyway if you want another survival horror that's actually really low on supplies, even lower than DC1, play Silent Hill Homecoming
>>
DC3 had a lot of potential. But actually DC was never any good and for me it would have been better if it had been absorbed into the main RE series. Those games never did enough to differentiate themselves from Resident Evil.
>>
>>10883920
>over 3 Dino crisis threads
Lol what the fuck is going on
>>
>>10883992
Cloning!
>>
>>10883920
DC3
only because i played the other two and they were garbage and i didn't play 3 so i'll give it the benifit of the doubt
>>
DC thread every day.
>>
>>10883992
Hopefully a guerilla marketing campaign for an upcoming remake.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.