[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: unnamed.jpg (93 KB, 353x512)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
Does the Castlevania series have the best track record when it comes to the sheer amount of top notch bangers? I can't think of any other game series that comes close other than maybe the Sonic games.
>>
>>10883932
Mega Man and F-Zero are good too. MM2 Wily 1, Bloody Tears, Mute City, and Stardust Speedway Bad Future NA are all close to the same category
>>
post- SOTN the soundtracks are pretty weak, there are some bangers but a lot of ambient music with no personality.
>>
>>10883940
>Mega Man
Was thinking of that series as well. Have had the Magnet Man stage music stuck in my head the last couple days.
>>
Touhou
SMT
Donkey Kong Country
Metroid
SNES Square JRPGs (not a franchise, but you get the idea)
I’d say most Nintendo franchises could fit the bill, desu
>>
Ace Combat
>>
Goemon series
>>
OP said Sonic so by 'bangers' he meant soundtracks... right?..
>>
>>10883990
>I’d say most Nintendo franchises could fit the bill
It sounds sacrilegious but now that I'm thinking about it I do not believe Mario makes the cut. Not saying the music is bad at all and some of it is iconic for sure but they really aren't any bangers on the level of Wicked Child or a Flying Battery Zone.
>>
>>10884279
DKC, F-Zero, and Star Fox probably do it better than Mario in regards to Nintendo music imo. Kirby has some nice tracks as well
>>
>>10883932
Honestly, probably. Mega Man is definitely up there too. I have no idea why you included Sonic.
>>
>>10884316
Why not Sonic?
>>
>>10884328
Other than Green Hill, what memorable music does it have? The only other notable song I can think of is Escape from the City, and I think that's more infamous than anything
>>
>>10884279
Most Mario bangers are in the non-retro 3D games (World, Galaxy, some Odyssey songs like Steam Gardens), RPGs and Kart.
>>10884340
Have you ever played a Sonic game? Because I haven't (to completion) and even I know a few memorable songs
>>
File: Sonic3D-SS-SONKNUCK.png (14 KB, 320x224)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>10884340
Both Adventure games have a lot of good vocal tracks. Open Your Heart, Live and Learn, It Doesn't Matter etc. I mean Ice Cap Zone in Sonic 3 got so many remixes that there is literally a fanmade album dedicated to it. Also look at the entirety of Sonic CD (either soundtrack) or any of the songs represented in Generations

>>10884420
Yeah, I feel like Mario music didn't get really good until maybe Galaxy. There were a few solid tracks here and there like Bowser's Road and Jolly Roger Bay though
>>
>>10884340
>what memorable music does it have?
Off the top of my head
>Chemical Plant Zone
>Mystic Cave Zone
>Metropolis Zone
>Hydrocity Zone
>Ice Cap Zone
>Flying Battery Zone
>Sandopolis Zone
>Lava Reef Zone
>Lava Powerhouse(personal favorite)
>>
File: 1693151004470632.png (350 KB, 853x479)
350 KB
350 KB PNG
>>10884431
>No mention of Unknown from M.E. or Ghost's Pumpkin Soup
>>
>>10884279
the mario rpgs have a lot of em at least.
>>
>>10884217
Yeah what a confusing fucking thread
"Banger" could be referring to the actual games but there's no way OP thinks Sonic games are consistent

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.