[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1700899160924.jpg (229 KB, 1024x768)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
I just love retro racing games! Specifically, the early 3D ones and the advances each new one brought. Starting with Indianapolis 500 on PC and Winning Run in arcades, continuing with Microprose Grand Prix and Virtua Racing which made the 3D good. The maturing of the technology and the birth of great new games: Ridge Racer, Daytona USA, Sega Rally, Papyrus' Nascar and IndyCar, Need for Speed, Gran Turismo, Colin McRae Rally. And dozens of less known ones like Dirt Dash, Ace Driver, Scud Race, Destruction Derby, Shutokou Battle, F355 Challenge, Wave Race 64, etc.
I admit that 2000s racing games are objectively more refined but its the 90s ones that I prefer for being experimental and bold.
>>
she a BAD bitch
my most played racing game as a kid was grand tour racing '98
yeah.. ridge racer WHO???
>>
File: 45142_front.jpg (78 KB, 640x884)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>10872768 but I like this thread too. It's cozy

Played a fair bit of California Speed as a kid and I really like Virtua Racing Deluxe on 32X.
>>
>>10883998
Saving this thread for the sake of 90's /vr/oomers. I've recently found about Ray Tracers for the PS1 which is the spiritual sequel of Chase HQ .Maybe not in your specific taste giving the games you named but definitively worth a try.
>>
>>10884006
>Virtua Racing Deluxe
32x didn't deserve this game. It's literally better than Saturn and PS1 ports of Daytona and Ridge Racer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.