[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1684100029766999.jpg (86 KB, 600x450)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>using ePSXe
>in the year of our lord 2024
I shiggy diggy
>>
Haha I'm using an old obsolete emulator just because bros.
>>
>>10886057
I'd be surprised if anyone unironically uses ePSXe outside of a few holdovers that have been using it since 2002 because it plays their favorite games just fine and they're used to it.
>>
>>10886126
Have you seen /vr/? There's people who still uses SNES9x on desktops
>>
>>10886128
I still use ZSNES
>>
>>10886128
There's almost nothing wrong with SNES9X, though. It's a fine emulator all around, only losing to bsnes in compatibility with a very small handful of games, almost all of which are obscure and mediocre. Meanwhile, ePSXe is so outdated that a closer SNES analogue would be ZSNES.
>>
>>10886128
People still use Nesticle on here because it had a funny poop man and a bloody severed hand for a cursor and that's sovl apparently.
>>
File: fuck you tbh wa.jpg (13 KB, 297x270)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
Still using Kega Fusion.
BlastEm is crash prone, clownmdemu is in its infancy, Genesis Plus GX means using RetroArse, and none of them can emulate 32X.
>>
>>10886145
I never really had an issue with Snes9x until I noticed Star Fox ran too fast. I looked it up and issues with SuperFX games have been reported for years and it would say it's fixed but it's not.
>>
>>10886057
For me it's using a Free McBoot hack on a PS2 memory card and using that to play emulated PS1 games from a USB stick. A lot of games had missing textures so it's not all it's cracked up to be
>>
>>10886210
Yeah, Star Fox is a VERY speed/timing-sensitive game. It's one of the few SNES games where timing inaccuracies actually affect gameplay. This only became a much more widespread problem with N64 emulation, though.
>>
>>10886148
>ywn be a teen computer nerd in an era where high schoolers hack into the military and make widely popular cutting-edge game engines and emulators
why even live?
>>
My main PS emulator is PSXfin and if there's a game that doesn't work on it i just throw it on ePSXe and call it a day.
>>
AFAIK you can't force a PAL game to run in 60hz in Mednafen and Retroach, but in ePSXe it's trivial

in b4 >playing pal trash
plenty of Japanese games that were released in Europe and not in the US
>>
>>10886126
I use it to be desu, but I've also used Duckstation and I think I have both installed still. I don't care about these weird emulator wars and I don't really play PSX much anyway.
>>
>>10886634
>AFAIK you can't force a PAL game to run in 60hz in Mednafen and Retroach, but in ePSXe it's trivial
You can, also there's three PS1 emulators in RA.
>>
>>10887037
How do you do it in mednafen?
>>
pSX is my favorite playstation emulator
>>
>>10887056
what a retarded fucking name
next up: NES emulator "NEs"
>>
Duckstation or bust.
>>
>>10886131
Based and this. It works just fine, I see no reason to use anything else.
>>
>>10887232
>next up: NES emulator "NEs"
sounds like SOVL to me
>>
>>10886128
Ok so what's the newest best thing?
I thought Snes9x was peak, but I'm not much into snes emulation.
>>
>>10887047
It's probably in the settings menu :^)
>>
>>10886126
Yeah, when I rarely play a PSX game I'll break out that old ePSXe config I've been paying around for 20 years because eh, works fine. And I don't think I've even done that since 2016.

Yeah, if I was going to do it a lot I'd get something else, but that's not today.
>>
>>10887047
I don't use Mednafen so no clue, but RA's fork of Mednafen's own PS1 emulator (Beetle PSX) has an option to override the PAL video. In DuckStation it's called "force NTSC timings".
>>
>>10886084
if it works as intended without issues is not obsolete
>but muuh daily updates that ruin games and fix them
if it didn't need fix it doesn't need an update in the first place.
>but muuuh accuracy
sorry i didn't knew you are mentally ill.
>>10886126
I use it each time since is quite good and looks better then duckstation so no issue there,i also use pcsx-r and psx 1.13.
As long it works no issue at all and most games are playable (still haven't found the issues i have seen using duckstation on those old emulators so are still reliable).
>>10886057
You are just a faggot.
>>10886128
>You need to use shittyarch because muh per game setting.
Sorry but i use an emulator as intended with a global setting as it would work on the console,
>>
>>10886057
I dunno plays my games just fine
>>
>>10886128
>SNES9x on desktops

nothing wrong with that
>>
>>10887497
>has to go through extensive configs for most games individually, managing the horrible plugin system to get them to even work without issues
>"It just works"
>>
>>10886210
>makes star cocks less of a slog
I'm thinking based

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.